Posts by prsgary

I really like the Yamaha FC-7. It's very sturdy and has a lot of ground to cover between heel and toe positions.

Hi Nightlight. I was just reading up on this pedal based on your comments. From all I see it says its only a volume pedal, not an expression pedal, and that it uses a hard-wired 5' guitar cable, not TRS like expression pedals normally do. Is this right, or am I looking at the wrong FC-7? If it's really only a volume pedal then you don't have wah, pitch, etc. - i.e. alternate functions. Is this your situation? Also - if all this is correct, how is a 5' cable helpful (except in the studio) and where do you plug this in on the KPA? Just curious. :rolleyes:

I take this thread back (or I would if I could).

This ONLY works well if you use only one preset per song. As soon as you switch to another rig it goes right to max volume so must constantly be at your pedal. I use too many different patches for this to effectively work. If you don't, then this might be for you. It was interesting to learn about it though.

Mike,
    I played Hughes & Kettner Switchblade amps most of the past 8 years and loved their warmth. My 2 died. Is there any chance you might be able to find and profile one? There are a few Tri-amps on the exchange, but your profiles are so much better, and the Switchblade is a much warmer amp than the Tri's.

Just a humble request.

the Rotary Speaker already does this ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's a very nice demo of the transition effect, Don. :thumbup: I'm not sure how to set that up with my midi foot controller (Ground Control Pro - any help here would be great).

But my real point in suggesting variable fast and slow speed controls is that we are playing guitars here, right? We don't have to emulate an organ's transitions to be creative with this nice effect. Having total control over the speed parameter, as in so many other effects on the KPA, would only enhance it's value imho.

I have been frustrated using my expression pedal to control volume. If you only use yours in the studio, ignore this post. If you, like me, play in a live band (2 in my case), then this may really help you.

The typical calibration of an expression pedal gives you 0-100% over a very limited foot pedal range, 0% of course also giving you the tuner. Personally this is not very useful, as tuning at the start of a gig usually is good all night, or I can easily re-tune between sets if needed. What you sacrifice with this 0-100% range, which is hardly linear anyway, is the ability to really craft your volume to the crowd. Where I play this grows as the night grows, as does the volume and intensity of the band. Rather than running back to the amp to jack up the master volume (we have no dedicated sound person), the reference manual gave me a much better solution.

Page 30 describes the "volume pedal range," a feature I had overlooked, but won't again. Here's how to use it: Hit the "Rig" button, go to page 3. Adjust the volume pedal range downwards. I am experimenting currently at -1.3 which gives me at the EP heel position about 60-70% of max volume, toe position being 100%. So I start the evening at the heel position, ramp up to toe position as things get rocking, and this actually emulates rather well a true volume pedal versus the limited range of an expression pedal. I then "lock" this setting so it works on all rigs globally, with the exception of wah and pitch pedal rigs.

No, you can't do volume swells with this, but I wouldn't anyhow. I use my fingers and the volume knob for this. This also doesn't apply to rigs with active wah or pitch pedals active, naturally. But those I only use sparingly, so it's not any great loss there. Try it, you may find this helpful, as I did and still do!

I doubt this is possible, can't figure how to do it myself... but is there a way to set the lower limit of an expression pedal to a value other than zero? I have mine plugged into Pedal slot 1 using it for volume and wah. I would like it to go from say 70% - 100%. Is there any way to do this with the KPA?

NEVER MIND - I found my answer in the reference manual. Duh!

I am "content" with the choices, sort of. As you Ingolf obviously appreciate, I want to have more choices, exactly what makes the Kemper so great - choices!

Rock on Beat Crazy! (was listening to you earlier)

Perhaps its posible to remove all free rigs under 4 stars ( 2 months afther uploading or so) its just a idea
    I know I don't download, or try free rigs with 3 or less stars ? :)

The rating system won't work in my opinion - many many great profiles never get votes at all, and many with 5 stars aren't so great TO ME... And that's the whole thing, isn't it? Sounds are so subjective - everyone's opinions vary like crazy. We are all different and looking for different things in a profile. So how worthwhile can a rating system for quality of sounds be? It can only be a rough guide to what MAY be good. Your ears need to be the judge, not whether some Joe liked it or just wanted to put someone else's down.

Loads of choices - the best of all possible worlds for everyone!

I would like to second a request for variable speed rates of both the slow and fast leslie rotary speaker simulation, as is available on the Neo Ventillator II pedal, plus several other stomp pedals out there. This would be a wonderful addition to the KPA!!

No Michael, not kidding. That's cool that you opened for them too Paul. My experience was about 1995-ish... at a place called The Afterdeck in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was attached to a strip club... loved it!

Speaking of Night Ranger... at least at that time in his life, Brad G was a real cocky jerk, on quite the ego trip. We hung around all day with them setting up, sound checking, etc.. Could have done without his ego-mania. His playing was okay - nothing great. I hope he was just 'going through a phase' and is a nice and decent guy now.

Just saying...

I agree, I use that rig quite a bit myself. Interesting note on TSO, whom I've seen twice. They always have great musicians of course, one was a superb picker named Joel Hoekstra, who's played with just about everyone, recently with Night Ranger (who I opened for back in the '90's), and now is replacing Doug Aldrich in Whitesnake! Thought I'd just throw that one out for fun.

What is "Jaspers" problem?!?! Strange how an interesting intellectual discussion, whether or not it provides tangible results or changes how anyone behaves, can give rise to that kind of explosive expletives. I do hope he is in fact done with this conversation!

yes, totally agree. tremelo has, as far as i've been concerned, been a variation in volume level, whereas vibrato is a variation in pitch.
    If i recall correctly, the tremelo already has ducking.
    Quite often i hear guitarists refer to their "whammy bar" as a tremelo arm. I think that's another instance of incorrect terminology we accept and understand. Funny enough, i dont think i've ever heard it called a "vibrato arm" on a guitar.

I'm more used to the old phrase "idiot stick" when referring to the "whammy bar"- for those not able to apply vibrato manually on the fret board... not that I'D ever use that of course :D . Just kidding, I use it for varied effects like many of us.