Posts by prsgary

I've had no problems with the Moog EP-3 as well. For the bucks it's a great buy. I have recently switched over to the Mission Engineering EP-1 for Kemper simply because it includes a toe switch, which is great for quickly setting to "boost" or whatever your global needs might be. It's also built like a tank but pricier ($129). It also requires use of one TRS cable plus one regular guitar cable.

Since I got my Voodoo Lab Ground Control it is much more valuable, and sounds better, to do the "next" preset for solo approach also. I can add multiple additional flavors to this with one step, not merely volume.

Hey Paul, thanks for the advice. I used it last night. It really was a breeze to program but still need to work on balancing volumes of different presets. Our set lists bounce around to so many different styles and artists, no simple setup works for all songs. My boost at 2.5 was plenty hot enough. It was sooo nice to have 10 presets readily available and readable on stage! Gig with different band tonight... more tweaking this afternoon.

But it's a work in progress... so many great sounds out there to choose from too! And I got sooo many compliments on my tones, you wouldn't believe. Another guitarist watching the show was amazed, is going to get Kemper next, get rid of his 5 or 6 amps.

Paults - "sound technician" hmm... I've HEARD of them before... but...

I know what you mean Ingolf... I might have to adjust higher, I'll see. I AM our keyboard player besides lead guitarist, and only one other guitar - we may not be as thick as your band, so I might not need it as high as you.

I'm going to be trying lots of experimenting tonight;(1) trying out the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro. I love having lots of presets available instantly and I really hate the FCB buttons (they don't always work on mine) and volume and wah pedals... cheesy. Having the rig names show up... nice! So that will be interesting. Plus; (2) the ME EP-for Kemper. This has the great advantage of having a toe switch which I've programmed into slot X with pure booster. Don't need the KFC to include one this way. Should be a fun night... wish me luck!

Wow that's hotter than expected Ingolf! I'm only on my 3rd live gig with it tonight, have them set at 2.5... I'll have to see how that goes in sound check. May not a quick adjustment. It's so hard to tell at home without the band and all...

Ground Control Pro question for you Michael (or anyone else who might know): I just got one yesterday after watching how easy it was in your video, and seeing that nice bright preset display. Only problem I have is "0" slots. If I switch from 16, 17, 18, 19 - the next is not 20... but 10. I could work around this... except for bank 0, for which there is no Kemper midi number for this. Or is there? It is set up for 1-128, NOT 0-127 as far as I can tell. How do I get around this problem?

I use the Voodoo Lab ground control with my kemper. Works great with lots of control. I like the fact i can switch other midi gear at the same time on different channels.
    I'm using a MIDI guitar so switching is easer.

Greenback - I realize the GC can accept expression pedals. I have the ME EP1 for Kemper with toe function set for a boost in Fx slot X. Can such a function work with the Voodoo Lab GC?

Also - in certain presets I have wah-to volume so I can turn wah on as needed. Will the GC pro work with that, or do you need to have it be either CC#7 or #1 saved with each preset individually? (I hope that question even makes sense!) I'm considering switching to the GC due to it's nice, easy to read preset display, something the FCB certainly can't do, and in my cover bands I have too many different sounds to be covered with the simple setup Paults uses, though I have something like it in Performance bank 01.

I have expression pedal in 1, switch in 2. You can totally choose what you want your EP to control, like delay mix. You can use 2 EPs and no latching at all, it's up to you.

Enjoy!
    Gary

Confused.....if I'm using the fcb and uno4kemper can I hook up a footpedal assigned as a clean boost as well...or to control any other parameter?

Yes you can. Plug into switch jack in the back of the KPA. Under system go to page showing Pedal 1 & Pedal 2. Hit soft button "init 2." Turn the dial below it to change what functions this switch now controls. I put my clean boost in Fx slot X, after the stacks. When I hit this switch (or the toe position of the ME EP1 for Kemper if you have one), it activates that Fx slot. You could use a pedal instead of a switch, heel and toe turn then slot on and off. Works fine.

Michael, are you an American living in Firenze? Do you Italian KPA guys ever get together, hang out? There seem to be so many of you LOL

Honestly, I think "Honestly" is my fav from your new album followed by the "Speedway Shuffle". Killer chops, tones, production... just fabulous!!! Congrats. I'm not sure I'd actually call your tracks "songs" - much less traditional than that. More a cacophany of grooves, licks, irrational ideas and sounds from who knows where layered into this thick, delicious cake. Whatever - it's all delicious. Keep it up!

You can indeed do this today - just plug a switch such as a Roland FS-1 in the jack on the back, assign it in system menu to say, effects slot X - into which I happen to put a Pure Booster into nearly every preset. Better yet - get the Mission Engineering Kemper pedal (mine arrived today) and assign the toe function to whichever slot you put your booster. It works great and frees up your FCB slot for something else.

I think Kemper could do this simpler of course, like you do, and put a "Boost" button on their proposed KFC. I much prefer that to a tap tempo or looper button, but that's just me.

I was okay with my Moog EP-3 pedal for $40... but I was intrigued by the Mission Engineering for the Kemper... and now I'm 100% sold! Not only is it a more natural weighted volume pedal with more of a linear response, the switch function is unique for the KPA. I'm currently using it to control Pure Boost when I need that extra oomph for a solo... just perfect!

Hey Chris, which pack contains the JMP 2203 profile? I want to get that one. Also - when do you think you'll have Eleven rack sound samples online to hear? Thanks!