Posts by prsgary

I just looked it up. It's a "Divided by 13 ERT33" - Google it. 34 watts. I love the sound suckamc has in that video - it's NOT the same sound as on MBritt's sound sample page, which is clean. I know he uses an echo stomp, but that grit tone - I'm fascinated to know if that sound on suckamc's vid is included in the profile pack or his own tweak. I'd buy it today if it's included.

Makes sense to me as well.

As one other possible suggestion - does anyone care for the idea of "original profiler" - "significant tweaker"? For example: if I used something profiled by Paults but I made vast changes, I could perhaps edit the author tag: Paults-Gary Or KB-Gary thus giving credit right up front for all to see. Just a thought.

Question to other posters: Why would you prefer the D U buttons to be on the right side?

I prefer that because it places those buttons above the Tap, which I rarely use (and don't really care if it makes it in the final layout). That way I would not have as much chance of miss-firing and changing performances by accident.

I also agree with Paults that having Up/Down default to slot 1 should be a menu option, not hard-wired. Like Paul, I arrange my performances in groups of favorite patches in some cases, songs in others. I also for this reason don't favor auto-engaging performances with Up or Down. That would be a noisy nightmare onstage!

But I greatly appreciate that you're taking the time and feedback from users seriously, that's such an admirable practice.

DrBertson, no offense at all taken, nor to anyone else's comments. It appears quite accidentally I've opened up a dialogue that some find needed opening!

I'm glad some of you have enjoyed the "profiles" I've uploaded and apologize to anyone who thinks I've done anything unethical, that certainly was the last thing I intended. I have seen so many "rigs" on the RE that were obviously tweaks of other people's original profiles, I thought this was pretty common and fair accepted practice, and that it provided a service to the community - which is exceptional, by the way! I AM pretty much a newbie here so I have no objection to someone saying "don't do that ever again" or saying instead "this is okay to do, nice job, look forward to your next contribution." Either way I'm good with it.

Cheers to all!

[quote='DrBertson','index.php?page=Thread&postID=168322#post168322']A lot of people on this forum was picking on me for my profiles, but I have found at least 7 recently uploaded profiles that the actual profile was made for about 3-3,5 years ago and some of them have my name (KB) as amp and cab creator.

DrBertson - please take note of the changes I made to the original post which began this thread. I hope you, and anyone else reading, will not be offended in any way. You and others have done some fabulous work that is greatly appreciated.

Play on!! :thumbup:

Just tried these Gary. Love the Harmony ones sound great. For my guitars (PRS) I had to turn the rig volume down quite a bit. Don't worry about the 1 star rating ninja he's been around here for quite a while. :thumbup:

You're right Raoul, I adjusted them down myself on my KPA. Everybody that tries this rig -> please adjust volumes down!! I will make adjustments and re-load to the rig exchange.

I earlier compared this high volume to the Egnator Armaggedon - I meant the Marshall JMP86 Aldrich by Peter W. Have you tried that rig :whistling: ? Amazing tone, killer really... but talk about loud!! I wonder how he got it so loud without clipping.

Just tried these Gary. Love the Harmony ones sound great. For my guitars (PRS) I had to turn the rig volume down quite a bit. Don't worry about the 1 star rating ninja he's been around here for quite a while. :thumbup:

Glad you liked the "Harmony" rig, that was fun to put together, or rather figure out... never owned or used a harmonizer before. KPA - you rock!!

Speaking of loud rigs - have you tried that new Egnator Armaggedon? Talk about extremely loud!!! I can't play it over 1.0 Master Volume!

Did you find all of the rigs too loud? I play PRS also btw. My rigs are still in state of tweaking, especially the volumes. For my cover band I find it much tougher to get proper volumes than in the studio. Any advice on getting stage volumes more proper are welcome and appreciated! I'll re-tweak and re-upload when "right." Thanks for your input as always!

I've just uploaded 4 rigs, presets might be a better term - they are tweaked rigs OF OTHERS that nicely fit this great Whitesnake tune, which my band plays. I take no credit for the amp or cab profiling, which were wonderfully done by people more talented than I. I merely tweaked settings for playing this one tune.

The harmonizer patch is my favorite - use it playing the higher note, versus the lower which is preferred by many, including Paults, whose guidance helped me with this patch. Thanks Paul! It is for use in Em, the original key. Note: you will probably need to turn volumes down according to your guitar. I will re-tweak the volumes and re-upload on the Rig later. I hope you enjoy!

There are 4 rigs: main clean verse with heavy delay
    chorus - mimics the synth notes in each chorus
    harmony - used for 1st solo and at the very end the song
    solo - for the 2nd, main solo

These may be found under "Is This Love" or by looking for Whitesnake. Feedback is welcome! :thumbup: