Posts by prsgary

Ok, I think I have it sort of figured out... if I link everything, everything works ok. Didn't think I'd need to link them as some have suggested, it's probably that I'm just NOT using the Main Outputs.

In case that wasn't clear... I can only get sound through my speaker by turning up monitor volume, or hitting "monitor out link" - otherwise the Master Volume on the KPA is not changing a thing.

You attenuated your monitor out level? This output is sent to what?

Output level is a matter of gain staging. Attenuation may be needed or not, depending on the receiving end.

I was sending monitor out to the PA for live use.... but Uh oh -- I think either the stars are misaligning or I've gone and made toast of my toaster.... Please help!

I have my KPA speaker output connected directly to my Celestion cab as always, no PA involved. It in NOT RESPONDING whatsoever to "main volume" - nothing at all. Is is only responding to Monitor Volume. Power amp boost has no effect and the 'monitor cab off' is NOT checked. I noticed this only last night at a gig, where the amp could not be heard loudly at all except through the PA.

Am I setting something up wrong here or is there a problem with my KPA. Please advise asap. Yes, I'm relatively new at this but I thought I had it going right... ?(

Not really, at least not the way I did it. If you wanted to leave yourself the option then sure, you could do the new wiring with some kind of quick-connect or switch so the wiring can be put back.

Each pedal is connected to a little circuit board inside the FCB with an optical sensor - this sensor is what reads the pedal movement. There are three wires running from the FCB's main board to each pedal, so I just cut those wires off and ran each set to a TRS jack that I plug my Mission pedals into.

Thanks for the info. Not sure if I want to go that far, but its good food for thought. I taped my FCB right pedal down at last night's gig and velcro'd my Moog EP-3 right on top of it. It's kind of tall and awkward that way, but certainly closer to the switches than separately on the floor. Did you mount your Mission pedals on the FCB board? If so, how?

Well let me be the first to say this - "I AM STUPID!" Of course I had read the manual, I'm not that lazy LOL (and what a manual it is - incredible work really). But I DID skip over that all important line saying use the rotary dial on the FC. Therefore I couldn't see the screen shots shown in the manual and was confused. I can't say it enough - Dummy me!

Xavier, and I use your name versus calling you "sir" for I have no intention of insulting you, I wish you had just reminded me to use the dial. That would have avoided unnecessary posts and emails in one short sentence.

That being said - I am selling my Gordius, so you'll see a post on this forum and on eBay to this effect, (Please make me an offer!) NOT because of the pedal issue, but because of the display. I have been happily using the FCBUno4Kemper - another brilliant product from your incredible mind - but really hated having to remember where my presets were or using a cheat sheet.That's annoying on a gig. So I looked at your product with it's display as a solution to this. IMHO I think your display would be great if perhaps doubled in width so that larger font sizes could be easily read on stage, where I mostly play. Just a suggestion.

I'm going to wait for the KFC like many others instead. Cheers and hopefully no hard feelings!

Interesting - using Xavier's suggested settings and going by the manual - I can get some functionality, but am missings a lot more. What I've downloaded is the current Gordius CC. What I SEE in the online manuals does not match up. They seem to match up with the "older" manual and Control Cental, which shows configurations for pedals which are not even appearing in the newer Control Center.

I know I am stupid !!!@#)(# and I have received responses from Xavier suggesting this fact (and I humbly apologize to him for this, because I know he has dedicated much time and brainpower to these porducts ad I know he is quite the brilliant guy with regards to these controllers!)... but the 2 different Control Centers attest to the fact that either I am missing something, or someone else is leaving out some important links. For example: the "Global" and "jacks" configuration do not exist in the CC I've downloaded. I've seen these in the "older" Grodius files.Same with the expression pedal setups.. Xavier has directed me back to this link. This can't be right because there's nothing shown!, or there's something wrong in the software of this LGX2. I'm sorry if I'm trying anyone's patience with this - but I paid a lot of moolah and have spent hours not to be able to use it in a meaningful way. It's tried my patience to the max.

LOL

Try with a thin mount below the back of the unit to keep it a bit higher on the floor: this would give you a greater angle offset between the buttons rows.
    :)

Good idea, I'll try it.

I'm so far not able to get my expression pedal (Moog EP-3) to do anything with the Gordius. When plugged into switch jack of KPA it does wah to volume and tuner at the heel position as I really enjoy. The Gordius doesn't seem to even recognize it using Xavier's setup. Any thoughts? (always appreciated btw)

Well gentlemen thanks for those "Sagely" comments. I guess splitting the difference might work best, around -12 or -13 then for me as at -15 my stage volume wasn't hot enough. And good point about not linking the main and monitor out. Headphone - that's probably a good one to link (and not important!).

I just went home, re-booted everything - AND THE GORDIUS WORKS WITH THE KPA!! Yeah!!

I assume I can now alter the setup to my liking, save the settings with another name, and enjoy it, true? Now if I can only learn how NOT to hit upper and lower buttons at the same time!! Tougher than I thought it'd be.

I am at half on the Master Volume, zero on the Preset Volume, Main Output at -13.00, and Monitor Output at -13.00. I play with very high gain profile so I use both the Master Gate and insert the 4:1 gate in Slot A. Not sure how much gain you are running but my gates are set at 5.20 and 3.40. Also, clean sense is 3.30.

I have no noise or hiss, and when I stop it slams shut. If you play with less gain you can certainly adjust the gates. Hope this helps much better than a canned response of "try it yourself" or "what exactly are you using and trying to do."

Wow - don't you find your sound altered by those hi gate settings? Maybe you're full out volume-wise so it's not so affected. Just curious 8)

Only the 2 Midi-cables was not so fine on stage. I wil hope that Gordius (Xavier) find another Solution to connected the KPA with LG2.

I'm having major Gordius issues at the moment, the 2 cables the least of them. I used them quite successfully as one chord - simple solution for now; twist-ties! I tied the 2 midi cables every foot or so and it works and acts nicely as one unit on stage. Just a suggestion.

Oh so the light doesn't come on at all? Has your output LED gone, is it a toaster version you own or a rack. Remember there is an issue with LED's on a certain production of toaster KPA's. If the LED has gone they will fix it under warranty Gary

I'll play with it later, maybe just something stupid I did, and yes, it's a toaster. Thanks for the opinions, always appreciated!

The output is not what is different... only the green/yellow/red warning/indicator lights on the output button. Could I have turned this warning indicator off somehow? (I have no idea this is even possible)

Great product, extremely powerful. If you want, you can program it to do practically anything. And Xavier is really willing and helpful :thumbup:

Hi Gianfranco, yesterday I received my LGX2 (used to save some cash lol). Here's the problem, perhaps you help since I see you're an avid user...

I did a dump of Xavier's KPA setup - and nothing happens. Some lights change, but have zero effect on the performance slots. Some lights never change. Is this a setup issue, or is this a bum Little Giant? I'll take any and all suggestions! :wacko: