Posts by prsgary

Hey Paults, I took your advice and with just a couple of minor tweaks have a sound that will work nicely for me. I took you profile, added as you suggested, a DS1 before the stack, cut the Peak to 7.3, Peak Range to 12%, and Pedal Range to 46% and it seems better, at least today, at least with my guitar! (PRS limted edition Custom 24 2008).

Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbup:

Paults is very helpful and is great with profiles. I like the Talk Box Pedal, but even with increased Shaper for added dirt, it still leaves me wanting to use my CryBaby Qxxx, but I really want to keep the floor clear. Something in the pedal settings needs tweaking, but I can't for the life of me get it more realistic. Paults, can you? Can anybody else? :thumbup:

About time you tried the PRS out, my friend! Had my first in '86, 3rd is a Custom 24 limited edition from '08. Awesome guitars! Hardly play my LP even.

I hope you all enjoy this fun video live in concert with Gary Brooker of Procol Harum, plus The Palers' Band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ozhJYKMhY

I only had my PKA 10 days before this fun gig with old friends and Procol Harum in Westbury, NY. I recreated a meaty tone for the old Robin Trower sound heard here. This was off their "A Salty Dog" album from 1969. Geoff Whitehorn, Procol's guitarist since about 1991 now uses the KPA by the way, and, watching in the crowd, pointed to me and said "Gary, you got the BLACK one!" I smiled back knowing he regretted NOT getting the powered KPA. He complimented me on my tone afterwards whilst partying til early morning along with YES who were also staying at the same hotel as we. Great fun it was. 8o

My house is in stage of reconstruction after a nasty water leak ruined 4 rooms (NO, NOT the music studio!!), so trying your ideas out has been put on temporary hold. I will fiddle a bit, but since I discovered ACY's latest Some Marshall profiles - I'll be hard pressed to do more than just feast in their beautiful tones til late in the night!

Very sagely wisdom, Viabcroce! :rolleyes: Thanks for your perspective. Sounds quite time consuming, but I understand the applications better now at least. Ingolf - I like your practicality, more my style!! Thanks to both of you as always. :thumbup:

Only if one uses the EQ capabilities... another question for you viabcroce, or anyone else: several profiles I've tried out had Wah Wah in 2 or 3 stomp positions at the same time, some post-stack. Is there any logical reason for this? I would naturally think you'd always want it in Stomp A only. Just wondering...

Hi Gang! Could someone explain to me why many profiles have post-stack flat EQ's with a bit of volume boost? Wouldn't a post-stack pure booster do the same or better? What are the pros-cons of each, or is placed there for a different reason?

Thanks in advance! :)

Fabulous!! Some of the cleanest Marshall's yet, even with gain boosted. And what killer tone!! With a few small tweaks these are just what I've needed - thanks for uploading!!

Raoul23 and Don Peterson, thanks so much for your level-headedness in this outrageous debate (which started out as a helpful tome by Raoul btw). I for one AM a newbie to the KPA world and much appreciate your recommendations, whether I like all the profiles or only some in any given pack. Keep up the great work and keep spreading your valued opinions. (Others, you know who I mean - please grow up, shut up, or get the Axe-Fx instead!)

Hi gang, I've just uploaded my first rig onto the Rig Exchange, a great Bridge of Sighs rig meant for your bassiest pickup on your axe of choice, best used with humbuckers in this instance, versus Trower's Strat choice, but may work with single coils also.

Feedback if you would!! I hope you enjoy, and if not, tell me why not.

Thanks gang! :)

Hi djemass, I just watched some of your solo video - great chops mon ami! Thanks for all the cool sounds, too. Needed some tweaking to match my pickups (thanks loads for your help with this paults!), but sounding great!

Gotta ask you - in some of your rigs you have 2 Wah Wah stomps. Any reason for this? (mind you, I'm new in the KPA world)

Paults, great rigs and sounds, many thanks! Question about your Talk Box Pedal rig - how do I unlock the gain setting (or have I screwed something up?). Didn't know you could lock the gain in and don't know how to undue.

Thanks in advance for any reply you, or others, may offer!