Posts by JoshSchroeder

I originally thought the editor would do this and function like Fractal's Axe-Edit program. It has become painfully obvious that this is not the case.

At this point in time, if I were purchasing again, I would 100% go with an AxeII, partially because of this. Not having software control over the hardware unit is an absolute joke in this day and age, especially considering that Access allows for DAW-based plugin control of their Virus synths.

Kemper dropped the ball on this in a huge way.

I tried to say it more gently, but my thoughts exactly 8)

The Axe FX and Fractal are obviously trying to compete with Kemper with their revised "tone matching" system. It's always good to see that kind of competition, so reversely, It would be nice to see Kemper at least keep up with something as ancient and beginner-level as Line6's gearbox. In all reality, they should be going after (and trying to outdo) what Fractal is doing on the digital control front.

No need for editor. There is a very good reason people buy physical control surfaces for their DAWs. Kemper has that built in.

Right, and by using that same logic, there is a good reason almost every single studio switched to digital work stations in the last 15 years - it wasn't for the sound quality, it was for the ease of editing.

I keep a small control module for my studio because I like the feel of an analog fader sometimes. I don't care about the feel of the controls when it comes to setting up a complex chain of effects (or trying to recall them) on my Kemper. If I was a hobbyist, this option would be neither here nor there for me, but I own and run a professional full-service studio with lots of outboard gear. For example, I love my Neve 1073s, and they are infinitely simpler than the Kemper as far as options go, but if there was a way to control it remotely from my PC without having to walk over to my racks, back to my desk, back to my racks, I would absolutely use it.

Glad to see I'm not alone here.

"The Profiler Head was explicitly designed with the best possible hardware user interface. It was designed for sitting near you on a desktop, on the right of your computer"

Absolutely, I really love the physical design of the profiler. If I didn't have racks filed with other gear that I use every day in my studio, I would just leave it on my desk... but that's the problem. I have so much studio gear, that lugging it around is a pain. I would rather just rack it up somewhere, route it through my patch bay, and edit everything from my main PC. 1000x times more convenient, 1000x faster.

Also, like someone just mentioned, I take working lunches at my studio, so my desk usually has a cup of coffee and snacks. Again, I'd rather set it and forget it.

On most of my records, I like creating soundscape-style guitar effects. This calls for all kinds of crazy reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, pitch shifters, etc. It takes eons to get things to sound the way I want them with Kemper vs my PODx3 rack unit. Yes, Kemper has a beautifully (and cleverly) laid out physical interface design, but it's dreadfully slow compared to how fast I can dial things in via Guitar Rig, POD, or any other piece of gear I own that has a digital interface option.

I think a digital interface is something Kemper should seriously consider... Sooner rather than later :thumbup:

That's a shame. I use the Kemper full-time in my studio, and while the interface is nice for what it is, it is painfully slow and feels horribly cumbersome when clients are paying to wait on me.

I think an interface on the computer should be very high on the priority list. For those of us who are full-time musicians and producers, having to use the little screen and flip knobs for hours at a time gets old real quick. I just want the fasted possible route to get the Kemper to do what I'm hearing in my head, and a software interface is by far the best solution. Line 6 had the right idea nearly 10 years ago :rolleyes:

I love my Kemper, and I love twisting knobs as much as the next engineer, but with all of my rack gear and limited space, it can be a pain to walk over and adjust things manually. Plus, trying to name and detail your profiles takes waaaay too long, especially when a client is in the studio. I end up with a bunch of hastily named/unorganized profiles. :thumbdown:

Kemper did a great job with the button/knob layout and interface, but I would absolutely love to be able to control it on my PC without moving back and forth between my rack units and my workstation. With the POD and Gearbox, it's super fast throwing a ton of effects in the chain and adjusting hundreds of parameters. It's just impossible to be that fast when you're chained down to the physical world. Plus naming profiles is a pain - well designed esp. with the buttons we have to work with, but it will never come close to 30wpm. :pinch:

That's really the only complaint I have about this thing. One of the best pieces of gear related to guitars to come out in the last 10-20 years... so in love with this thing :love:

[Blocked Image: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/sWsfw9qW7MY/maxresdefault.jpg]