Posts by Nitrousbob

Thanks for the reply, i actually did all those things now and ran a sine wave through to my daw and adjusted the latency manually to match zero crossings exactly (i put it in tuner mode, i hope that the constant latency works with that mode also)

Im using the spdif in and out now, and found that constant latency in the output menu. Much better results now again thanks.

Im trying to reamp some tracks and I run the direct signal from Reaper > Saffire pro 40 (output 6) > into Radial JCR > into kemper front input > SPdif out > Saffire Pro 40 SPdif In > Daw

The saffire pro is set to Spdif Clock in mix control and 44k

I have a couple of questions, is tempo important, i set the project to time based rather than beat.

or what do I need to check to be sure that these things come out the same every time. seems like a clock issue to me

what is the easiest way to do a test on this stuff? bypass signal sine wave?

I have too many rigs, 1069 rigs, rig manager tells me to backup my kemper and delete the overage, but do I do a regular backup or download separate rigs from the profiler, because rig manager doesnt seem to open the main backup files

I was playing around with a cabinet (connected to the poweramp) the other day, checking out what profiles i liked with the cab and found when I adjust the cab high and low shift, my sound actually changed coming out of the poweramp, which wasnt inherently bad because it helped me dial it in, but i was confused because i thought cab parameters wouldnt change things coming out of the monitor/poweramp outputs. I also had some profiles change drastically when engaging and disengaging the cab, it also pops a little. The high and low shift makes a terrible popping clicking from one number to the next that comes through the poweramp outputs. Not all profiles seem to have the Cab On/Off popping or drastic sound change effect, but im wondering should I be looking for a certain revision of a profile to use? Im guessing i should use the latest one , i have been deleting all the old versions of the factory profiles that are on the kemper, as long as they at least sound the same. Most of all these profiles I have mentioned are mid/high gain profiles.

Ok, got it figured out, just in case someone else runs into this, I play with so many ways to plug this in i set stuff different all the time,

So since the monitor section is linked to the power amp, i had to put Monitor output to Master Mono on page one of the output menu, then I linked the monitor output on page 2 with the soft button so i can control the volume on the cab and leave my Main out for FOH at -15.

If I have learned anything with this thing, its play with it, play with it , play with it, because it is so configurable , you may get yourself into trouble and we dont want to be trying to RTFM on stage. I actually ran into this trying to set it up for a show next friday. My last gig with the kemper went good, everyone thought it sounded good but got it home and went to record and was like this is not right. everytime i go out with it , it gets better. Im going to go direct to FOH this time and hopefully say goodbye to bad cab micing for good. And for me, i just love having regular cabs on stage.

Im not trying to be the guy on here that answers all his own posts. cheers

I have the output on in the output section, ive tried adding boost, I can hear the speaker cab clicking when I turn it on. I am getting signal out my main outs to the board. I had the speaker output switched off for a month while i was using it to record, just out of habit of my tube amps, i did just read in the manual its ok to leave it on. I tested the cabinet with another amp and it works fine. I just dont know of a way to see if the poweramp is getting signal, might be a nice feature.

This was touched upon in the wiki but it was not really finished imo. I was trying to get this to work and thought I would share a more direct picture of whats going on. Im not an electronics guru, but it seems to work just fine.

a video of it working,

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and a picture

I hope this helps someone keep some of their hair.

All i wanted to do was add a pedal with a toe switch without adding more wires and I didnt really like the other expression pedals the fcb1010 came with. now if anyone can tell me how to control the wah (actually thats the easy part) and then turn the wah on and off with the other pedal input that would be great.

Id like to mod my 1010 as well but these instructions are clear as mud to me, and I would be happy to make a more detailed picture set to what is going on exactly if someone can help explain this a little better, Ill throw up the first picture and maybe someone can give the instruction, i can solder and follow directions, ive modded it several times already but just not sure on this mod in particular.

So first we un bolt the jacks from the body, now I see I have a harness going to the main board and one wire going to the midi ports. '
    So the question is what is that extra wire doing? seems to be a cap on either side of it,

I put a direct profile of a Boss VF1 preamp Acoustic Guitar Sim effect in the Rig Exchange "ACOUSTIC SIM VF1".

I played a quick clip to see how it mixed with an ibanez electric I had with humbuckers - a $180 guitar

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I dont have an ahb 1, but I play 6 strings, and tune down to B standard. it seemed to give me the clarity i needed, and I do dig the mids/a vintage tone and thats why I like it better than an 81, but ive been fooling around with a 60 in the neck with the ahb3., I also play V guitars mostly and I found they have the best roundness in that shape. In some wierd way it souns like a hopped up SH-2 Jazz, which I also have in another V that I dig that sound too, now my go to passive for V's
    clear as mud eh?

I just got my Countryman Type 10, i also had a proco db-1 i found at the thrift store the other day for $7. Im excited to try them both I have a mesa 2:100 (vintage and modern settings) and a Marshall Dual Monobloc with 5881s (it has 2 types of preamp tubes) ive wanted to profile and soon my life will be complete (and maybe i can part ways with my amps). Can I say thank you for power amp profiling, for us that use guitar cabinets still. the preamp i have is a engl e530 that i retubed with either tungsol or electro harmonix pre tubes, but I have a bunch of pre tubes i would love to profile as well (including the original engl ones). and now they will available at the touch of a button. Also have a Line 6 vetta head that I want to profile for fun.

I play a six string in B standard, there are tons of usable profiles, and gain is no issue with the kemper imo, there is tons of it. I personally have a ENGL e530 that im working on profiling but I found a profile from Keith Merrow that sounds great of the same preamp that I use exclusively.

I would almost take an even more stripped down version that had a 1 space powered rack version that could hold a couple of my signature sounds with a simple bulletproof 5 button performance remote. A pass through for a rackmount crybaby wah to the remote would just make me die.