Posts by bluepowder2014

or, if you're using a footcontroler like for example the fcb1010 (with or without u4k mod), you can always try to use the beatmachting-function.
    just press and hold the assigned tap-pedal and play your thing, if it's reasonably rhythmical and not all over the place, you won't need to
    worry about tapping the beat ever again :)

So, after looking around for a bit i didn't find much specifically on this Amp.
    Is anybody here using it as a Stage-Montoring Solution (on small to mid-size stages), and can tell me
    wether it is worth buying? I can possibly snatch one for a bit under 400,- €, possibly 350,- even (18W, used), and am pondering the possibilty,
    So yeah... is this thing good? I know the active Atomic Reactor CLR boxes of nowadays get a lot of praise, but the pricetag
    is a bit hefty for my tastes (though, from what i read and hear, obviously well justified). How would you think would the 112 fare
    against it's bigger brother in comparison? Are there reasonably proced alternatives to the 112?

If they are doing a full featured looper, I am hopeful it will include the option of reversing the loop, which is a reverse delay. I am predicting that when the KFC comes out it will include the reverse delay since they will probably be implementing it with the looper. Here's to hoping!

would it actually be possible to implement a looping functionality into the kpa? that would be a most welcome addition, too!

@ ingolf: yeah, that's what i THOUGHT i read somewhere, but wasn't really sure. that's a real bummer, but i guess that if you want an "out of the box"-style controller,
    you pay for that with some minor limitations in certain areas. ain't no tragedy, but it sure does make the experience with the u4k a little less thrilling, at least to me.
    oh well... time to move on, i guess :) i'm still rather satisfied with the u4k as a whole, but the soon-to-be-announced dedicated kemper footswitch suddenly got alot sexier again :)
    time will tell....

edit: ah, wait! pedal pitch is possible, you say? would you care to enlighten me how to go about it? since that is the only thing i'd really use a pedal for anyway besides
    normal wah and volume controls. would be much appreciated :)

i would love for the kemper team to consider developing and implementing a reverse delay, or reverse type effect. that's one thing i'm really missing.
    otherwise - almost perfect product! almost - because there's always room for improvement, right? ;) albeit very little one in this case...
    thx for providing us with such a fantastic tool, and also for making it even better with every update you guys put out! amazing work!

hey,

so i finally got to set up my fcb 100 with the u4k-modchip today. works like a charm so far.
    two quick questions though:

1) am i too stupid to find it, or does the KPA not have a reverse type effect? i'm used to having at least a delay that does these sort of things (line 6 delay modeler).
    of course, i'll be able to live with it if there isn't any such thing, in that case though maybe take this as a feature request ;)

and

2) when using the u4k - ist it possible to set any of the two pedals to control anything else than wah / volume?
    like for example pitch-shifting etc? if so - how? so far i haven't been able to figure this out.

everything else works exceptionally well, i've already fallen even MORE in love with my KPA (yeah right... as if that was even possible).
    can't wait to carry it to the next gig and blow the audience away with my new sound, haha :)

thx guys, will try these out and let you know how it worked out for me :thumbup: oh, and if you'd like to hear some of our music, you can go to www.klangmoebel.org and check us out. much appreciated :) the songs are unfortunately not
    recorded with the kemper, hadn't had the luxury back then ;) the next bunch of songs are for sure going to be KPA only, as far as guitar goes.

thx mate, will try these out and let you know how it worked out for me :) oh, and if you'd like to hear some of our music, you can go to www.klangmoebel.org and check us out. much appreciated :) the songs are unfortunately not recorded with the kemper, hadn't had the luxury back then ;) the next bunch of songs are for sure going to be KPA only, as far as gutar goes.

hey world, new(ish) KPA-user here, glad to be on board :)

with that out of the way, let's get right to the meat and potatoes... i am playing in an organ-trio, and at the moment
    i am either plugging my 335 directly into an AER compact 60 (otherwise known as the "bingo"), which gives me a really beatiful,
    rich, dark-yet-not-muddy sound that i like a lot, not very much unlike jim hall or pat metheny (aside from the playing of course, haha). or
    if i'm in need for some effetcs or distortion, i'm going into an old trusty gt8 and then into said amp or, if ithe situation calls for a bit more punch to my sound,
    an old fender blues deluxe/tweed edition, no hot rod.

i'm now planning on replacing the gt8 with the KPA in both situations (as you may have guessed), and am looking for some nice rigs which will
    give me THAT tone i am looking for. so far, on the rig exchange i have only found the "DP Piezo AER 60" which, with some fiddling sounds quite nice
    over my (home)studio active nearfield monitors. not QUITE like my own AER, but still nice nonetheless.

to cut a long story short, question is: do any of you guys who are leaning more on the jazzy side of things have any rigs that you use that you can wholeheartedly recommend for that purpose?
    not necessarily AER only, any ideas are truly welcome. one thing though: i am not a huge fan of the JC 120 or similar amps, for some reason
    never could get used to the sound of it, beit for jazz, pop or whatever. i do realize this amp has quite a lot of fans (probably very rightfully so), but i'm not one of them.

so, fire away with your recommendations if you have any. thank you for chiming in, and i'm truly curious what's going to be on the table :)

hey world, new(ish) KPA-user here, glad to be on board :)

with that out of the way, let's get right to the meat and potatoes... i am playing in an organ-trio, and at the moment
    i am either plugging my 335 directly into an AER compact 60 (otherwise known as the "bingo"), which gives me a really beatiful,
    rich, dark-yet-not-muddy sound that i like a lot, not very much unlike jim hall or pat metheny (aside from the playing of course, haha). or
    if i'm in need for some effetcs or distortion, i'm going into an old trusty gt8 and then into said amp or, if ithe situation calls for a bit more punch to my sound,
    an old fender blues deluxe/tweed edition, no hot rod.

i'm now planning on replacing the gt8 with the KPA in both situations (as you may have guessed), and am looking for some nice rigs which will
    give me THAT tone i am looking for. so far, on the rig exchange i have only found the "DP Piezo AER 60" which, with some fiddling sounds quite nice
    over my (home)studio active nearfield monitors. not QUITE like my own AER, but still nice nonetheless.

to cut a long story short, question is: do any of you guys who are leaning more on the jazzy side of things have any rigs that you use that you can wholeheartedly recommend for that purpose?
    not necessarily AER only, any ideas are truly welcome. one thing though: i am not a huge fan of the JC 120 or similar amps, for some reason
    never could get used to the sound of it, beit for jazz, pop or whatever. i do realize this amp has quite a lot of fans (probably very rightfully so), but i'm not one of them.

so, fire away with your recommendations if you have any. thank you for chiming in, and i'm truly curious what's going to be on the table :)