Posts by Kosta

sometimes newer techonology doesnt give "better" results, just make life easier

KPA "replaced" the Line6 POD ( who claimed to be a perfect amp emulation ) , the KPA will be replaced by something else ( KPA II ? ).....

there is room to improvement imho ( even in tube amps :rolleyes: )

but vinyl is back in fashion

an pencil is still a valid tool , doesnt chrash , doesnt need electric power etc.

also the KPA doesnt look as sexy as a marshall stack :D

i dont really understand the "war" real amp / emulation / profiler .

neither is perfect , and if we can have the two , great :thumbup:

since buying the KPA , i keept buying pedals , im not gonna wait until the developer comes with a emulation off
    something that i need / want now :D

They're also hearing something where all the instrumentation is professionally mixed to complement each other well.

my point is it should sound as good in headphones as in monitors

never heard an "comercial" recording that sounded bad in headphones , sometimes its even a better experience listen through
    headphones, you can hear every little detail :thumbup:

Hi,

i've bought the KPA 3 years ago and i'm still trying to find my sound. I'm frustrated and tired of buying profiles that never sound like the clips (also because most of the times are double tracked or in a mix..) and lately i've been thinking about selling and replacing with another solution like a valve preamp or head plus torpedo or helix/fractal. I basically need three sounds and, while on the cleans and crunch/pushed crunch i got acceptable but not unbelievable results, on the high gain i've never been able to find something that i like. I am a bedroom player and i only play through headphones so this may have some influence; also my guitars and pickups may have some influence (i play with an sg and a les paul special with low output pickups so maybe i would need something like a JB for high gain). Said that, i tried everything to make it sound like i want it to, i have messed around with every parameter but with no success. I'm coming to the conclusion that the KPA is fantastic for those who profile their sounds..for the others who don't is really really really difficult to find their sound. In the next few day i am going to buy another guitar and i will see if it makes some difference but i don't have high hopes..What do you suggest me?any advice is suggested. Thanks

another guitar is not going to solve your problem.
    what you are missing is the "room" , "air moving" .
    after making a profile the KPA removes all the room sound, so it sounds really dry and "unreal" played through headphones.

adding reverb does help a little , but still you are earing the direct sound thirst.

other DI solutions are no better

after recording, you could use a plug-in like this to give some "space":

http://www.tokyodawn.net/proximity/

imho :)

Welldone. :thumbup:
    Even the night train never was a favourite of mine - your profiles sounds better to me that the originals I have in mind.

thanks .

it was for sale , but i think im gonna keep it. its a nice little amp that records really nice.

it sounds nice with a 1x12 or bigger. the cab 1x10 that comes with it sound´s shi.... :thumbdown:

the "problem" with profiling is making a profile that sound´s great with diferent pickups.

you move the mic to the spot that sounds great with p90´s , and then its not so good with a single-coil.

Hello !

Ive uploaded 30 profiles from my Vox NT2H Lil' Night Train

Speakers: Greenback ,G12H-30

Mics: SM57, Sennheiser 521, Nady SCM 1000 ( condenser )

Guitar used for reference: PRS with SD vintage p90´s

Enjoy ! :thumbup: