Posts by Kosta

Hey guys, real curious to hear what you think of these. I spent all day yesterday profiling my rig, and I feel like I got some pretty nice profiles here. We are all different, and it will ultimately come down to taste, but I've got about 80 profiles in total. Feel free to try out a few here and let me know what you think. The profiles with TS next to them mean they are running through my Keeley modded TS-9DX. Profiles with the TS next to them are optimized for everything above 250hz. So if you throw on a HPF up to around 250 it should sound best. The m6 has 5 different voicing options which I found what felt like the sweet spot per mic, and ran them through the different voicings. This allows for some pretty varying tones per mic and position.

https://db.tt/AF9aJHWb

thanks !

they sound good, clear /bright , very usefull pack :thumbup:

Thanks for the pointer, Kosta. I grabbed the Choptones Bassman set after a listen to the demos and I am really impressed. I don't want heavily distorted bass tones and these are right in my wheelhouse right out of the box. They cover a diversity of very useable tones - pretty much all of which I could find a use for. Some really solid deep tones with the Ampeg and Aguilar 15s and some brighter sounds from the Hartke and plenty in between. The R121 mic patches and some of the patches using the 2x10 Mesa and Markbass cabs are some of my favorites.

im also very impressed.

my cheap warwick rockbass sounds a million bucks now :thumbup:

im a guitarist first , but i think the bass side is been neglected by the pro "profilers".

most free stuff is a bit meh....

bought this today , trying them later.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

apart from the "room sound" im hearing a nice roughness tone

the KPA always sounds more polite , "produced" .

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added some free trial rigs on my site for those who want to try them before they spend the money. There are 2-3 rigs from each pack in a Sample Pack. You can get to the link by joining the mailing list or if you are already on the mailing list you can go directly to: M Britt Profiles Sample Pack

This should let interested parties know if my profiles are their cup o' tea before they spend their hard-earned $. I'm having a little trouble testing the mailing list links currently as mail chimp is not cooperating tonight. Please just let me know if anyone is having difficulty with that and I'll continue to work on that end. The direct link should work either way. Keep in mind that the newer profiles were done using 3.0 firmware.

Thanks !

Hi !

Just uploaded some DI profiles form my Mesa TA.-15

Channels / Modes:

Normal ( Vox ) clean 5 watts setting

H1 ( Marshall ) overdrive 5 watts setting

H2 ( Boogie ) overdrive 5 watts setting

Tweed clean 5 watts setting

Top Boost overdrive 15 watts setting

DI used: the (in)famous Behringer Ultra DI ( cab sim off ) into an Behringer Ultragain for easier level control.

Cab: Marshall 2061 with G12H-30s.

The profiles sounded great imho , im using an Bat Cat unleash to power the KPA.

They also sound great using the cabinet from the free M.Britt Mars MP merged profiles.

offtopic: why no cheap class d amps for driving guitar cabs ? ?(

"Amp Profiling Seems To Be An Artform"

micing an amp is a artform.

i have some experience micing amps and already did a few hundreds profiles myself , and learned a lot doing it.

theres no "magic" formula , imho.

too much variables envolved , mic position , amp, guitar used and personal taste :D

thanks for the upgrade Michael !

i didnt care much for the first merged pack , didnt have "that" M.Britt quality , but this rock !

I bought the first and second pack in the past, this merged pack sounds overall "brighter" ( in a good way ) , imho.