Posts by jamcoops

If what you’re looking for is an unpowered (passive) way to send MIDI messages, I’m pretty sure you’re out of luck. Something has to provide the power MIDI requires to function.

I was hoping to find a pedal that is battery operated. I already carry spare 9v batteries for my IEM pack. The little gadget that Paults has highlighted looks interesting though.

I wonder if a small mini-powerbank attached with some velcro would do the trick.

The power consumption of the pedal is 40mA only. So I think even a tiny power bank with 5000mAh only should run it for 100 hours plus.

Of course you'd need a short patch cable like this one from powerbank to pedal:

The one independent review I found said they couldn't get it to work with a usb powerpack.

Thanks though.

I don't think this will work for me. I've had a bit more of a dig round on the internet and whilst the BeatBars pedal will probably do what I want it requires an external power supply. Either a 9 volt 'pedal' type or through USB. That means I will be back to either having a wall wart and more faffing or mounting on a pedal board - if I do that I may as well use one of the mid-controllers I have and a standard experession pedal.

Oh well!!!!

Thanks guys. I'm trying to avoid using a seperate midi controller and pedal. If I do that then the Kemper Stage goes on a board, adds size and weight etc... Plus then I will start adding more pedals and so on.

That's why the midi expression pedal I linked attracted me. I'll probably take a chance and get one to try.

All the best,

Mark

Good evening,

Yep, just purchased a Toaster after selling my rack about a year ago (worth it though, sold it to a genuinely nice fella!). Been in Helix/BluGuitar/Victory V4/Revival Drive land since which are all great but just could not replace the ease of use and form factor.

Anyway, editor here yet? (just joking!).

Mark

Anyone interested in this patch bay I made up for my Kemper? No longer needed as I have moved away from the Kemper - no reflection on what an awesome piece of kit it is!

I had it set up with a Matrix power amp with Neutrik connectors.

Cost a fortune to build! £50.00 plus postage?

Drop me a line.

Mark