Posts by Clutterbilly

All the sudden my KPA seems to suffer from volume drops for 2 or 3 seconds after turning off reverb on every profile. After these seconds the volume is back to normal, I hear a soft "plop" and there it is again. I read similar KPA behaviour from someone else on the forum but I didn't read if there was a solution to it. This didn't happen before, I'm sure of that because I disable en enable reverb all the time. Just from today on it seems to be happening.

It also only happens in browser mode and not in perform mode I noticed.

Anyone??

I couldn't care less about the fact that you don't care about these profiles. You can be as negative about them as you want to be, or rave as much about the MWpak as you can. It's more the other things (out of scope of any profile related discussion) that you drag into the conversation with a denigrating tone that annoys me.

That's indeed an offensive and respectless post guenterhaas..country never made it over here Europe? Man, you seem to be a narrowminded person! Woow! Have fun with your MW-pack man and stop trolling this thread.

guenterhaas: to each their own of course, I figure it's hard to please everyone, but the profiles sound fine through my DXR10. Maybe they'll get a bit too dark with a guitar equipped with very hot humbuckers, but you can always lower the profile gain and clean sense. Can't say anything about how it sounds through in ears though, I hate those things with a passion :p

I used these profiles with in ears last Friday and they sounded spot on! No main out EQ to FOH (or the profiles themselves for that matter) needed, everything was set to 12 o'clock. Soundcheck was done in 2 minutes.

Well, then I wonder where this hiss was coming from during both gigs. I didn't hear it during other gigs where I used the same profiles/setup. Will test again at home to hear if the KPA is quiet at high volume level.

Is your guitar connected to the HD in or the KPA in? I also noticed different behaviour with the volume pedal when I connect the guitar to the HD in, it reacts not as it's suppose to but I didn't dive really into it further. I tried this setup because I had to use a Variax and the POD supplies the power for it.

If I only use the HD for sending midi, and I use the input of the KPA, the volume works fine. Seems like the POD is sending different volume commands when a guitar is plugged into it.

Past months I noticed that the KPA is rather picky about the power it's being supplied. Couple of weeks ago I had a gig and the Kemper continiously had a hiss (very well noticable, even while playing!), especially in the high gain profiles, the clean profiles and crunchy ones were fine. After pushing one ground button it became a little less but it still was there. We played with IEM that gig and there was no cab or other monitoring on stage.

Last Saturday I had a gig and I noticed that when I had the guitar volume completely turned down there still was a noticable hiss coming out my cab with a high gain profile selected, quite loud actually, and again the clean profiles were fine. Stage volume was quite high but I didn't notice this hiss at home. I noticed it especially because we played a theatre show/concert type of gig so there was no noise coming from the audiance other then applause. I know I could put some gate on but I hate playing with a lot of gate, shouldn't be necessary either I think.

Anyone else who recognizes this? Could this be because of the inconsistant power supplied by the hall we played in?

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a Furman power conditioner now for my Kemper to see if it helps preventing this. Thinking of this one: http://www.thomann.de/gb/furman_ac210_power_conditioner.htm

I tried these profiles out this weekend during 2 gigs and they sound awesome! The thing I like the most is that I can just pick a profile and start playing it, even during the concert I did this a couple of times and it just worked out! I don't miss, the mentioned by guenterhaas, treble at all, OTOH I find most of the other profiles I use too direct and trebly out of the box. Also I got a very good amp feeling with these profiles, they seem while playing through my 1*12 cab more like the real thing. For me the pack to go! There's a lot of great clean/crunchy tones in the pack and till now I have been missing these the most because there's way more good high gain stuff out there (commercial and free) than good clean tones.

So good work on these Michael!

Only downside is that we played only 20 songs so I had to leave a lot of profiles unused for this weekend..:-)

I used them yesterday in during a gig with a band that plays a lot of funky stuff and I also used IEM yesterday. I really have to say all the profiles (at least the ones I used) were perfectly usable without tweaking one parameter! If they really fit the song is another subject maybe but that's what I have to find out during the next gigs. But that sure was new to me! I wasn't quite sure of the Lonestar Mesa before the gig but I ended up using it a lot for funky rythm guitar (volume knob turned down a little), perfect sound for that matter and well balanced! In ear you hear exactly what FOH is getting as well so these are good profile tests in my opinion.

Tonight I have a gig with an Eagles coverband so plenty of chance to try out the Fenders and the other cleanish stuff in the pack. This gig I will be playing with a 112 cab alone (but direct stereo out to FOH) so no other monitoring like FRFR of IEM.

As paults suggests; buy the pack from Michael Britt. I play country/rock (semi-pro) as well using a singlecoil Tele and those profiles (60 in total) are more than you'll ever need for this kind of music and you won't even have to tweak much. Bought them myself as well couple of days ago and they are absolutely awesome!

OK, couldn't resist to try these profiles via my 112 cab this morning (low volume) and first impression was that these profiles are THE MOST well responding and dynamic profiles I have tried so far.

They are also very well playable, meaning that they are in a good sense forgiving without being cheezy at all.

Another thing I like about them is that they are not shoutingly loud or over-presenced - in your face - that I hear sometimes in other profiles but still they manage to be very direct. Mellow and warm, but still sounding fat.

They feel like being created by a guitarplayer who understands engineering instead of an engineer that knows how to play guitar. No offence to anyone else by this remark BTW!

If they have the same feel on stage, then my search for profiles is over :)

Highly recommended!

My profiles were delivered half an hour after payment so that works like a charm! Will keep you posted on the results during shows but after browsing through them quickly last night I already can say that through headphones they sound really awesome so far!

Just ordered them without even listening to one of the samples, was looking for a good country/rock sound for live usage and if you can't capture that, no one can I guess! :)

Will give some feedback once I tried them, have 2 gigs coming up this weekend and no time to tweak a lot so they will be used pretty much out of the box. I use a powered KPA and a Kool & Elfring 1*12 cab and main out stereo to FOH.

I installed 2.6.0 last Tuesday for a rehearsal and got immediatley the request from the bassplayer to reduce the low and mid ends in my sound. I didn't think the prodiles sounded as good as they did in 2.5.0 and also after playing with the LFC button a couple of times I couldn't get the good results I expected to have.

So yesterday I went back to 2.5.0 and I think the KPA just sounds better with the 2.5.0 FW. Also the TAF profiles seemed to not like the 2.6.0 firmware very much, my favorite UK 1987x was way too boomy all the sudden and missing the sparkles. For me and my tele the 2.6.0 FW just seems to have too much bass and also lacking a bit of definition in a lot of profiles. I didn't find any profile I liked more before the upgrade. Guess I'll wait for now and stay on 2.5.0 and see what happens in the future...

Issue solved, it seemed that the USB I used stick was not working properly, specificly for backups. As soon as a backup was created (succesfully according the KPA) the file was 0 kb on the stick, so unusable. Transferring rigs worked as a charm but the backups didn't so I got another USB device and now it works :) Thanks for the feedback!

I have a Mexican Telecaster Baja and that's absolutely a fabulous guitar! Costed 700 euro's and it's worth every dime. I also have a '76 American tele that I don't use very much because it's so heavy but it sounds very good.

Profiles I like for the tele are the TAF 1987x profiles (turn down the volume knob and you can even use them clean) and I also bought the Trainwreck and the '59 Bassman profiles from TAF, all very very good sounding with the tele!