Posts by AlvaroQB

Very nice, bravo! :thumbup:
    I love the solos written by Guthrie Govan for Steven Wilson's songs.
    You found a perfect tone. Which profile did you use? Did you tweak it?

Thanks!!! :)
    The rig is Top Jimi's "Bonamassa Rig", from the Rig Manager. I used a treble booster before with the tone down to -3 and the volume lowered a bit to reduce gain. I also added a touch of "space" on the output settings and a hi and lo pass filters on the mix. For the backing arpeggio I don't remember the rig, but it was a clean one with a pre-stack tubescreamer and a post-stack rotatory speaker effect.

Hi! I made this cover today, I recorded the solo and the backing arpeggios with the KPA :) I hope you like it!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Your ears are right haha! Actually I feel the same and I was very surprised. With lower gain settings they're way different: BKP mids are more vintage voiced, has more clarity in terms of hearing each note individually in a chord, and crunch sounds tends to distort in a more pleasant way for my taste. But when it comes to hi gain settings they seems to sound in a similar way, at least with these profiles, which is a good point for the PRS stock pup! Thanks for listening to it :)

Hi everyone! I want to share a video I made recently using the profiler, I hope you like it!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

EDIT: KPA already does this :) So no feature request here.

Hi!
    I think it would be really useful to have the option of recording a DI and the processed signal at the same time using the SPDIF output, to avoid using the analog outs. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I though in something like using one of the stereo channels for the processed (mono) signal and the other one for the DI track.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your answers :) That Carvin looks like another great option for me, I'll check that Quilter powerblock, I hadn't heard about it! If Magnum works fine it will be probably my first choice since it's the easier to find here.

Eltzejupp you're right and I know I'm not getting the best of an 1x12 at bedroom level, It's just I'm used to that sound and I like it. I tried my Kemper through it with my tube amp power section and, regardless the poor bass response at low volume, I got very nice results. Anyway I'll try to try a FRFR to see how it works, I think I saw one of them on a local store. Studio monitors aren't my cup of tea for everyday playing or practice, just because that feeling of sounding like it was an album.

Hi everyone!
    I'm looking for a poweramp to use with my kemper at bedroom volumes, and I'd like to have some advice. The most important thing to me is that it shouldn't have fan noise (ot at least it should be unnoticeable). I've tried one of those Matrix hi-quality poweramps, but regardless the quality of the sound, the noise produced by the fan was too much for me.

So the option I'm considering is the EHX Magnum 44, which seems pretty affordable. At home volumes, do anyone knows if there's so much differences with the expensive ones? I don't care about how it sounds at high volumes, cause I'm not going to use it on that context.
    Another options I've seen are:
    -AMT Tube Cake - It seems to emulate tube sound, so It seems that it's not a great option for Kemper.
    -ISP Stealth - Is it noiseless?

Thank you very much!

Hello!
    I've recently participated playing a solo in this cover. It's recorded, mixed and mastered by Leo Peña of Jotun Studio. With Emilio Kanina at drums and my bandmate Juan Pablo at rythm guitar.

I hope you like it :)

Thank for your answer Zappledan. I talked with the support and they told me that it would be risky to do that. They told me: "It is also not recommended to abuse the Monitor out as a speaker feed. This will lead to a heat build up over time and will possibly destroy the output driver." I forgot to write it here :)

Hello! I'm not sure if someone has requested this before in another post.
    I think it could be useful the possibility to display only the merged rigs in browser mode, specially when I'm working with a poweramp and a guitar cabinet. Also the option of displaying only the merged cabinet when switching between cabinets presets could be nice.

Thanks,
    Álvaro.

Hi! I found this fingerstyle arrangement on the web (I didn't write it) and I decided to record it on my own way :) I'm "new" on this kind of playing, so if someone see some mistakes on my technique (specially right hand!) please tell me!
    I hope you like it!