Posts by Gandalf_The_Blond

Wow nice find!

It also has some useful info, the auction says Depp originally needed money for music and turned to acting.

He has done some cool stuff, but who knew dressing up as a pirate would go so well?

There is indeed good value to be found in the collector market, especially if you can find something used. Like this1 view/hour red hot deal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-…id=p2047675.c100010.m2109

It has the most practical, solid strap locks I have ever seen on any guitar, making this a solid investment. These will certainly make many people wonder if they are in the wrong

business, in spite of any cynical views :P

"Modern art is a conspiracy by the rich to make poor people feel stupid"
    ---Kurt Vonnegut

WOOTAGE 8o

It's OVER 9000! TM for me, 9006 to be exact.

Soon it will be over 10k, that's one more than 9 innit :P

You can see where this is headed,

We are through the looking glass now, ladies and gentlemen, and there is only on thing that can be done:

Skoczy needs to make a graph. It's the only way. In 2017 the KPA will become self aware...

Not sure why these numbers are different than others, but they kind of give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Congrats to the entire Kemper community for this milestone, I hope this forum remains a happy, easygoing place for music, information, learning,

sharing and teaching, along with the light hearted shenanigans and mischief that is unique to this truly cosmopolitan forum.

Peace and happy holidays to everyone if I don't have time to write again by then :)

P.S. I am off to hit the lotto to play 9006 before it closes, wish me luck...

I'm not 100% sure, so feel free to clarify; I remember reading the mods have been pretty consistent and particular about the rules for posting rigs onto RM. They should be your own, original work, and not a tweak of another rig.

This makes sense, since anyone can tweak to taste, and nobody wants RM flooded with 50 versions of one rig with a few small parameter changes.

As the KPA develops in complexity this way, I feel this can be a very good thing if it is handled properly, and things like morphing, wah settings etc, would have a much greater value in a new folder or method that would be dedicated to different presets, or one folder with them all, with just tags,that way the 1000's of creative ideas that will probably follow can be freely shared, and easily sorted, searched etc. How this would work, and what it would look like is not really up to me to say, I only get the feeling that it is time to consider an option like this.

I see this as very similar to the time before RM was out there, and you would get rigs individually scrolling through pages, uphill both ways, in the heat and cold at once :P
    I am not too concerned, since if there is a need, K-Team will likely look into it, and find an elegant solution for presets.

P.S. It is also definitely not a good thing to post any commercial profilers rig (free or not) in the RM without their permission first, ideally, they should be the ones doing this. It's about being respectful of their work, clarity for users, and keeping things as simple as possible.

Hope this helps, and until that time great thread idea Eltzejupp :thumbup: and I am guessing it should be ok to post settings for commercial profiles for those who have them, just not the profile, but that decision should be up to the creator.

Great idea and thread so far Kulle :)

Lots of interesting tastes showing up already.

Here are some of the tunes im listening to/playing right now

For guitar there is this axe wielding maniac:

I heard comments that all he does is shred, anyone that thinks this is in for a pleasant surprise ....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

then there is a longer song where he just plays the snot out of it, especially approaching the end

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

as for shredding, this cat has some serious chops...surrounded by the ladies (he also plays jota here)

this is an interesting change of sound, a lot of buskers around here are using a stone background, and getting surprisingly decent tones

For something not guitar related, also way before my time, check out the pipes on this lady, just chillin and making it look easy

Heya Mankey Mon,

Hope you are doing well :)

Missed most of the drama... don't worry about the ppl that complained, their sad misery is their own.

I feel bad for the mod that got suckered into their bad faith and malicious complaints, must be horribly embarrassed now.

Good to see the forum rally and sort things out in a positive way as is unusually usual around here :)

On a positive note, how about something like this for a new avatar, food for thought ;)

welcome :)

lot of things you can do...so no real "right answer".

setup looks ok, but i don't know much about keyboard.

cables can be xlr/trs if you want balanced, instrument if it doesn't matter, spdif,

can be mono, stereo, to monitor and pa.

tone will be different for sure with any amp/cab, up to you to decide if this is good or not.

you can use a tube or any amp to power any cab (speaker cable in this case or fire)

large pa can mean a lot of things, but haven't heard of kpa not playing nice with any of them.

depending on where you live, you can experiment at an "open mic" kind of jam session, if there

are some pubs that do them. something like 2 songs per person, ppl show up have a couple and

checkout tunes from various. anyone can play.

also for learning guitar, rocksmith can be pretty handy. think of it as a cross between noodling and focused practice,

you could call it a game in the way an accurate flight simulator is a game--it can also save you $$ learning to fly.

iirc it has venues, amps, and gear you can unlock as you progress. make sure to select left handed, this flips the

notes and it's in TAB--easy way to learn that, and i'm guessing you can read music, so things should go pretty smooth.

main thing with kpa is to read the tutorial, the 2 manuals, then get into experimenting with the settings to get comfortable

and find new things you like. no real limit to what you can learn about guitars and amps here...

hope this helps :)

Hi everyone :)

I know there has been a lot of talk about RM (editor, possibly integrated), features and such, and anyone could easily say the last thing needed is yet another thread. I am on the fence about this, but thought I would throw this out there in case it has value.

Not that there is anything particularly wrong with RM for what it does, it does the job--imagine scrolling thru pages of almost 8k rigs-- before Rm existed. The question would be, is it time to upgrade, and if so how? I think this question alone justifies a dedicated thread like this, with a view to organization and efficiency of ideas, in one place. This can have an even better effect when random KPA user, expert or day one (a fresh set of eyes also has a value that can never be underestimated) reads many ideas, and adds another one.

Some initial ideas that come to mind (have been mentioned) would be:

1 A built in Cab manager, with a separate folder structure..
    2 Wah pedal settings incorporated, since this is growing...
    3 A system to track, categorize, upload, and share presets. The issue with this was flooding the RE with only small adjustments to existing rigs. Adding a separate folder, section would address this problem as well. It would not matter how many presets came up, since they would be sorted, and have their own area, not really interfering with anything else. The easiest way I see this working out would be something like orig creator tagged, a new tag added for the person who did the preset, and perhaps a field for description/comments. They could be loaded as any normal rig. I think the value of being able to quickly and easily do such things could lead to some useful things.
    4 Voice control for RM. Much discussion has also lead to a software editor. Creating and testing a simple voice control system for RM would allow for hands free use. Something like this could start out small, with a few basic commands such as next rig, volume x gain y, or load rig 1, 2 ,3 etc if someone wanted to organize them this way. It is a safe bet that everyone here has access to some sort of computer and mic.
    5 Auto rig changing, random, or from a preset list, or even a search, x amp crunch, etc.user can set time between rig changes, more hands free time and easier to audition rigs while practicing/noodling.
    6 Skins and workflow. There already are many ideas on what paramter should appear where. I am not sure if there is a definitive answer for this since everyone is different. The best solution could possibly be allowing more advanced users to customize the menu/gui to their particular habits.
    7 Auto backup. Backup early, backup often. 'nuff said.
    8 Morphing. This could be in the preset section, but probably also deserves a section of its own. Same idea as tweaks an preset sharing, but it is also possible to save a certain point in between a created morph. This opens up many possibilities for sharing also.

With proper management I do not think this would negatively impact any commercial vendors; in fact it could be another way for vendors to use their more advanced skills, create things that will help those not as advanced, and also create an entirely new revenue stream for them with their existing skills and equipment. Win-win imho.

I must guess that nobody does return their Kemper ever, more so, about 87% people buy a second one, I can also read CK mind, even now ;)

This is an interesting statement :) I would love to be a fly on the wall at K-Team HQ to see what they have cooking.

If that many people have more than one, it solves dual amp issues, and could do it better by having RM able to identify and interact with 2 different KPA's via usb at once. While a software editor is not the focus of this, both are related, and it would be very probable that the ability to control multiple units would be requested, but that is for another thread...

Gratz K-Team on 4.06 FW release :)

When I get a "min" defo gonna try it out...been super busy lately...
    Who has 60 seconds these days?

LOL!

60 seconds of intense passion followed by 45 minutes of crying...

You could use that 60 seconds and RUB the Kemper while it is booting...(the KPA, not what Manky-Mon is subtly implying--that can give you hairy palms ;)

Mebbe it will invoke a genie, and you can get some wishes. Perhaps make a wish for instant load time
    and save the world.

It seems there have been many 60 seconds used up in this thread, about 60 seconds, and Skozy said it was 59 seconds too...Why do I get the feeling this may end up as some kind of running joke? Well, Mank is involved, so that will increase the chances of mirth and shenanigans, front man indeed!

Curious thoughts about forgetting ideas. Some of the best ones I have had came out of nowhere, and can go back just as easily, taking 3 days of trying to remember what that train of thought was etc. Everyone thinks differently, and the creative process is no exception. It could even come out of a dream. Someone like me has a few devices handy, or can get them in time--some useful things can happen on the back of coasters or napkins at bars, besides phone #'s--even a little note is all you need. Write first, ask questions later is my way, and the worst risk is i just lost 60 seconds ;) You should try this kind of brainstorming for a bit Mank, different methods teach the brain to react differently; neurons that fire together, wire together. Even if you don't end up using it, the exercise is always good for that muscle.

As for comparing KPA boot times to other modern digital devices, I can totally see what you are saying Beinifin. It is valid to a certain extent, then the importance fades increasingly. Just because some devices use this as a metric, or even selling point (my imac is ~10 seconds, never really timed it...) does not mean all digital devices should be. Even if there was another profiler, that did the same thing, how many people would base their decision on which they like based on 1-2 min difference in boot time? I am guessing many other factors would come first. This leads into the idea of what would we all like to see going on with the K-team, as someone mentioned earlier? Resources to reach zero boot time, or work on more goodies to be released (my vote fwiw). I don't expect an answer from K-team, since tech, IP, and music are all notorious industries for IP infringement. I am happily surprised that there has not been any serious issues of this kind; it shows a very well thought out IP protection strategy.

One technical question I do have is about just leaving it on, and for how long. I'm guessing leaving it on for a day or two won't do anything if it is in a proper environment. It may even be possible that leaving it on indefinitely may have a lower amount of wear and tear in the long run. My guess is components will have a MTBF of 100K hours or more. LCD and Led are probably much longer, if they are not overheated, uv to plastic etc. I forget the power consumption specs, but for the non powered (even if powered is not making noise) is pretty low, compared to most electrical devices, say a toaster...Would be interested to see what K-team has to say about leaving a KPA on indefinately, I dont wan't to make any statement, since I don't know nearly enough about it.

Happy new stinky guitar day... NSGD ?(

Mebbe when you get this sorted you can call her "stinky" :P

Gotta rush this, am super busy for the past while (little time to post), but this is important.

Ozone has a very good chance of working, but it is very dangerous.

Wikipedia should list some of the problems.

Short version from memory, it can cause serious injuries, many nasty health issues,

and death to pretty much anything, combusts, and can rust the metal hardware.

You mentioned food grease and glade, and someone said mebbe mildew? Lol YUK! whoever had that guitar must have

been some kind of very strange slob. I can only hope it is glade and was a failed attempt to fix things.

As Mankey Mon said baking soda will absorb stink, and is much safer--can put a box in your fridge etc.

Considering some weird slob had it, I would give it a few thorough washes with anti-bacterial soap. This should

also remove the grease, don't use too much water, and wipe soap off with a damp paper towel. That, and time,

since if the stink got into the wood, it can also leave.

Not to knock using an ozone generator, but you really need to know how to handle it, especially when concentrated.

Good luck with "Stinky" ;)

ty all for the replies. its cleared things up a bit for me.

Also lets me know that these methods are not popular, and i'm not the only one with concerns

and a general feeling that it could be handled much better.

I was going to mention examples of software that people buy, shelf it, and use the cracked, pirated , cleansed versions... for the exact reason that

all the hoops an such were too much of a hassle. Microsoft is the most popular example but they don't translate well to any other company. A few

years back they had a cash crisis, for lack of a better term. Their accountants called in the directors and told them they were legally obligated to

inform them that having 42 billion in cash was a financial risk, and that they needed to diversify. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in

that room. Can you imagine the remarks ? Hopefully somebody recorded it, and will post it one day, there has to be some funny stuff. Microsoft

also covertly encouraged piracy in certain sectors, typically teenage student low budget types. It was pointless to stop them, better yet, if they

were tech savvy and could get around basic copy protection etc. chances are they would end up as working adults in IT, already familiar with

microsoft. All the piracy in the world was free marketing for them.

Typical firms like avid etc have a different reality, and I think people should pay a fair price for a fair product. Fair also means not being so
    annoyed that you remove unwanted software from your pc (iloks etc.), That is also ethical and your right. Piracy is another matter. It would greatly depend on where you got such software. It's not right to support piracy in general, even if the software companies in questions are assholes. But there is a huge mitigating difference between a for profit only bootleg outfit, and a crack grp that works for free, citing an attempt to correct negative behaviour, with the implication that nobody is interested in doing it now, and the only thing such companies will listen to or understand is a spank to their income. While you could rightly argue that you are saving microsoft from the dangers of having too much cash, it is not the case with smaller firms. It is a decent argument, and add the fact that having said activists is a safeguard against further lockdown or worse is also valid. But it will never be completely ethical, since the extent of your actions are unknown; a large enough loss of revenue could cost an innocent person their job etc.

I had to persuade myself to get into dongle-ism

Lol kinda sounds like dogma, or some far more bizarre and broken form of self punishment to atone and be worthy of the dongle.

Having said this, it seems common knowledge that a better system is wanted by most of the customer base. Look at kemper for example. no dongle, login, retina, rectal probe, nothing. Just a power switch. I think everyone here knows KPA would be pirated almost instantly if the competition was able, forget typical people without labs and budgets. I would be surprised if it has not been tried already.

Part of it is obvious. A good business model and ethic. Listen to your skilled user base. Give them what they need, make them happy, NOT piss them off every time they use your product. Simple note to ilok and other paranoid types. Be like kemper. They are smart. Even tho my skills certainly do not warrant something like the 999$ raven (raoul, you said you could get protools free with that? I though that software cost ~800 bucks, that would not be a bad deal--not bad tactics, get ppl hooked, then jack up the price).

Personally I won't engage in piracy unless my aim is the financial collapse of the software producer. Unlikely something like this would fall into ethical territory. But I would be far more interested in said raven bundle if this company got its act together. Read some good things here, that usually means it is worth looking into. If by some bizarre miracle I happen to create the next great masterwork in music that would spawn something like baroque, classical, jazz or rock etc. I am not worried that there would be any shortage of gear, studios and top pros to do their thing and bring it into reality. More practically I would be happy to learn some of these skills just for the sake of lifelong learning, as long as said companies did their job and not pass the security/administrative burden to me. This is not fair--i don't work for free. In good spirit, instead of criticizing, why not propose a solution? Pace et al. if you are listening, give this a thought. If you do implement it, my fee will be 2 of those raven consoles, and free avid and slate software / hardware updates for life.that's my eula--it's a good deal, you should take it ;)

Gee, let me think, what would be a more elegant protection solution that could be commonly, cheaply and securely implemented in the music industry? Something even more secure than currently exists. Unbreakable actually, unless someone lies--dongle not immune to this, but this method could also offer proof of wrong doing. I am also wondering what barriers are stopping people from cloning these dongles.

We are talking about the recording section of the music industry... should be plenty of microphones floating around, if not, most people have some kind of smart phone. What could it be? why not implement an easy to use voice recognition system that ties your unique voice to an account. Most of this exists. Voice control--imac, ex. iphone" siri, open app hot date find cool place to impress woman i fancy" for example. remote voice recognition is here. "imac, open protools, and that ratty wave app i heard so many complaints about'. voice or text response-- processing, while request is sent to verification HQ, which sends back a one time random, unique phrase (no cloning or recording) for user to say. gets recorded, sent off for recognition and analysis. decent system, and internet, done in 10-15 seconds. There are some very good voice analysis technologies out there that are almost impossible to fool, colds, voice changers have all been tried and had poor results. This system would learn your voice even better everytime you used it, kind of like dragon dictate. and you could take your account with you to any place you would like to use it. harder to lose, impossible to crack, no dongle to make, and distribute, repair, no passwords to forget...pretty sure there is prior art here, probably a few expired patents, so royalty free also. only skill and will are needed...

you may say that i'm a dreamer
    but i'm not the only one ;)

Let me know if im wrong about these ideas....

To be honest and declare bias, I never was a big fan of global lockdown schemes. and i don't know that much about raven hardware

I am sensing a strange vibe from ilok and co. particularly slate and avid.

a lot of people would word it more strongly...

Yes and it should not require additional hardware and expense!

then we have a product like raven mtx.... $15k mti2 $1k

ilok does other brands also, but lets focus on this for now

pro tools is an example of one of their software clients.

for a 15K device, you need a 30$ dongle? really? not included free? anyone buying that is not likely going to have an urge to pirate anything.

the 1k mti2 is also odd. both are hardware devices, so why do they need an ilok to work? cant pirate hardware, and you could have internal

hardware validation.

also am wondering if this console plays nice with non ilok daws, and other products. if not , that is not very ethical and leads into another practice.

I have he impression that avid, ilok and slate may not be arm's length corporations, which can be ok in some cases, but i believe it needs to be

declared.

what is more disturbing is with no real reason to lockdown raven hardware, this seems like it is tied selling, which is an illegal practice, more so if

the ilok prevents you from running whatever you want on your hardware.

even the product name is kind of aggressive. it's clever pronoun issues, but who is locking who?

then there is the ethical question of buying something that provides no value, just extra effort. even if it is only a few bucks and a few minutes,

there is still something not cool about it.. all for supporting and buying their stuff?

because , if you pirated it, none of this would apply to you...

Interesting concepts.
    I think a detection system would show how rare this really is. probably similar percentages to ppl buying kpa's to record and returning them...
    Pretty much any common amp on RE will be immune, unless it has some serious mojo, things working together much better than average.
    This applies to all amps, and the market for profiles seems to be people with skills, exceptionally good amps,
    rare, hard to find, expensive etc.
    I think there should be an initiative to preserve vintage/famous etc. amps, since this is good for music in many ways. Those amps will
    not last forever, and catching them at their best tone is something everyone should want.
    you cant be into vintage sounds and music, then turn around and complain it is dying out, not appreciated etc. if someone who cant afford 10k+ for such an amp gets a kpa and profiles of it. This is getting those sounds into the hands of more people.

as far as prevention of profiling? i think it is probably not possible, since if it is observable it is copy-able--usually to a level where humans can't
    tell the difference. Also, any lock can always be picked. rarity, and futility are probably why such systems are not considered...it would be wasted money. if not it would have been tried by now

I think a bigger worry with amp sales would be backlash against lockdown... 8/10 amp buyers do not own a kpa, lets be realistic. But they would not like to feel punished for sketch ppl buying, recording, then returning, which predates the kpa, and did not seem to generate that much concern.
    most stores seem to be able to handle this, probably by not offering returns to people who do this. Getting ID (esp for returns), creating accounts etc. is much easier, and also helps retailers get a feel for what people want. I generally dont buy from stores that don't have a return policy, or more accurately a laid back, hassle free things will get sorted method.
    shopping and retail would look much different if these 8/10 numbers were all over the place, which would only be a reasonable assumption if it was true for amps, why or what would stop it in other areas?

I think the general loss of interest in shopping is a bigger concern, when a mouse click will do it.
    how often do people here go and sit in a music shop for x amount of time checking out amps after getting a kpa?
    but the marshal rep quoted in this thread seemed to have a decent grasp, mentioning something about modellers thru a large stack of cabs.... why the hell not? i don't think marshal needs henning giving them industry advice...

simplest way i can think of putting it.. you area successful, talented amp maker. you will already be used to change and competition, even if it is something you never expected. you have a good rep, rnd $$, etc. do you a) rant an make up fractions or b) look at why something is doing well, figure out a way to work with it and make even more $$?

The only real criticism I can level against fractal is not having a demo model in at least some of the larger chains, better yet with someone who likes/is familiar with it. One demo unit/ chain would not kill them. But from what I see here KPA also has this issue, many stores have it as special/web order now, and I saw it under glass in one store downtown... ppl just walked by it. A lot depends on the store I guess.
    But many stores put way more effort into selling amps/ cabs etc. There is some cynicism out there that amp and cab sales are more often driven by how they look. Helix went the shiny/sleek way. Nothing wrong with it imo, such things should look good, once they sound good.... many sparks there too however...

guesstimate" values for any component at all when he could have actually measured them

Because this is very hard to do. Static no load values do not relate to whats going on. By measuring you can be altering something. Temperature will change values. Having a complex signal going thru a system designed to copy, make it louder, and unique will change component values in real time. This is where any serious component modelling would start. Factor in current eddies etc. it gets complicated fast. Certainly possible, but all of these factors would need a lot more code and processing to cover it properly. Using ears and guesstimating cuts down on this a lot. I think i remember some discussion here about it being difficult or impossible to get separate values for the interaction between an amp and a speaker, and those can be viewed as only 2 components.

Both products are pro gear, capable of great sounds in the right hands

This statement just made this thread useful, encouraging people to check out the gear and see for themselves. Cooler heads prevail. Very to the point; is it right for you?

Bulldozing Freedom of speech is not a joke and is despicable.

This. freedom of speech= freedom of thought and the exchange of ideas. It gets very subtle and complex from here, but simple way of looking at it is anyone trying to control information you want to share, or are able to see is really after a method of controlling people.

don't use social media

I think this term has been diluted. a little off topic, but it is a sketchy buzzword. I dont use it either, since if a service is free, the product is you. besides, if the term is to make sense, it should not be in large centralized facilities, but on home pc's with ftp, p2p info sharing, and distributed computing to handle data. no need for huge $$ to run it with momentum. Those bright sparks could do much better using their skills in many other fields.

Gandalf, thanks for the link. The reviews of that product are comedy gold. I must have spent an hour reading through them, and laughing my ass off. Good stuff

Actually, reviews are +3000 now... And 40,000 found the first one "Useful". Loved it, thanks from me too

Yw. Glad you guys liked it. :) Modern satire. Wasn't sure how many ppl here knew about it so might as well link. I was hoping it would help some people that can get offended by trolls. Reading that will help for sure, especially when i see comments about people having a hard time not responding to trolling etc. It is such an old technique, I remember reading about it in a police interrogation manual a while ago. getting a rise out of random ppl on the net is not exactly an achievement tho. Trolling is also a kind of lazy fishing, quiet slow boat, you don't even need to hold the rod etc. Luckily this place doesn't have any real trolls, just the odd runt. Why get upset? Life is too short to peel grapes... But wait, there's more ;) check out the tuscan whole milk one with the redone raven take. the cloverdale rabbit one is good too, but not if you are sensitive. It kind of puts web reviews and such things into a new perspective.

I've pretty much given up posting on TGP. Too many moments where I roll my eyes, but don't you dare disagree with them. It's the Holier Than Thou forum

Ya i saw some of the ridiculous flame wars there. I was one of those things where it could not be helped. Where you are laughing at someone for being angry, and the angrier they get the funnier it becomes. There were a few of these internet battles. Haven't posted there iirc. Wonder if they would appreciate my humour about their ad copy. I noticed they did take down the alien picture on the fas site. I can't be blamed for poking fun at that, whoever did that alien--brilliant.
    Still find it hard to believe that they are so heavy handed with people there, but i hear it a lot. Doesn't make sense to run a fake site like that, it would seem more like an infomercial. mebbe I will hop over there and ask them whats going on, in a nice way. I'm curious about the reaction...

Even if the joke is on me sometimes, I don't mind if it make someone laugh

A very good way to be, never take anything too seriously, especially yourself. just take things only as seriously as needed, if needed. Making ppl laugh is a wonderful thing, and a real gift if you are good at it.

Still I stand with my assessment that this thread is useless, like all the others before.

I totally get where you are coming from, and in some ways even agree, but not all. There is nothing wrong if you don't find any of this funny, everyone has a different sense of humour, very few ppl appreciate all forms of it. Imho almost everyone here has a healthy sense of humour. And I would not call you a control freak by any stretch if that is any consolation. I do think you are more pragmatic, possibly more focused, and probably more effective than average.

Sure the thread title was provocative, that is plain to see, harder to measure intentions imo. I can see the case for "other camp" tho...could also just be sarcasm in response to the situation.

I am not sure how the comparison to the axe f8 thread where it is getting profiled, or tweaked to sound the same, or other more sound oriented issues. Those green leds caused a stir little while back, but instead of it being a dig or pinching an idea etc. it seemed more like a subtle hint from fractal that this unit would work well with a kpa. It was mostly well focused, except for some OT stuff about Carrie Underwood, I didn't know who that was so I googled the name and saw a bright sunny beautiful woman that is also a pop star. I didn't give a listen, but also don't feel like my time was wasted. The picture of the porta axe case seemed ok in comparison.. and the argument of backline, crew etc was not really compelling, even tho the poster was trying to present a good argument. It was a thread about a kpa and axf8. Not a pro sound crew, along with an even bigger, pr, ad team, image specialists, nutritionist, the list goes on. Truth be told its the ad/pr team's job to fill those seats, and their ass if they don't.

But it does seem like a good thread, and I hope deadpan profiles the living snot out of that thing for those who are not getting it, but may want some of the tones it has on offer.

Where I think this thread is useful is in metadata. This is done here in a light hearted way, with all opinions welcome, critical or otherwise. There don't seem to be issues or allegations of bias on this forum, but such things are freely discussed about other forums, impartial or otherwise. Information is looked at from many viewpoints, some dealing with other gear, or what is said elsewhere about this product and community. It may not be completely serious, but it is critical to a degree of validity.

What i think is the most useful thing about a thread like this is anyone who wants to can post their views, what they like about one forum, what they don't like about others in a casual way letting people be themselves, and informally defining a very general consensus about what we want in our forum.

I think you kind of addressed your own concerns about this thread in a roundabout way, about it going nowhere which was a fair warning.
    Sometimes it's the journey, and I would not call it a repeat of other threads "dealing with *that* same topic" there was more to it, open assessment of other threads, sites etc.
    a mature, if not serious heads up of what is happening for anyone who wants to know.
    just as you mentioned anyone who wanted to expressed their opinion, keeping it in one thread, op-ed, chronicled info that can't hurt.
    This also leads into a thread like this dying naturally.

Edit : P.S. if not this wall of text should kill it ;)

Welcome back :)

Good to hear you didn't have to sell your kpa. Tho in a strange way if you need to sell gear, kpa is the least pain vs other things like guitars that you could regret for a very long time. kpa is immune to that, just get another one, update and you are in biz. esp if you keep your profiles (commercial or your own) , wipe the machine, and sell it updated to stable fw.

Lots of stuff around here, exciting times for sure. Crazy buzy for me, but I have a bit of xtra time to post and read. for a little while...24 hrs/day not enuff it seems....

Country and job change is a big deal tho, must have been a lot of stuff to get sorted.

Awesome to hear you finally got some time to plug and play.

Wonder how many people wish they could just take a day or week or so right of, and do nothing but play, noodle, practice something, try some new idea etc. I think there should be a worldwide special holiday dedicated to just music, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%AAte_de_la_Musique would be a good candidate, and it should be a national/global holiday, paid, and mandatory. Also no noise complaints for that day, and everyone has to play at least one note on something.

But enuff nostalgia. Hope things work out really well for you :)