Posts by drog

So I picked up an Axe Fx II XL unit used. I decided to get it somewhat for curiosity and also as a backup for my Kemper.
    So far I’m enjoying the experience, the synth effect is a nice feature to have.
    Its been fairly easy to operate and especially using the editor.

I’ll update a bit as I get in some more time with it.

Anyone else rocking’ this unit?

Interesting that you went from a digital Kemper to a digital Fender amp :/ I do understand having just one amp and go from there but… you could have easily done the same thing with the Kemper choosing a Fender profile and just use the front knobs to control Bass, Mid, Treble and Reverb. And added pedals.

But I get that sometimes the simplicity of a traditional amp layout is just easier.

Glad that you found your amp and sound, those new Fender amps do sound great BTW.

All the best in your musical journey!

What is the German or Spanish translation for “Marshall” “Fender” ?

The writing on the real amps are all In English, how did you ever survive? Lol

All kidding aside, the user manuals are multi-lingual, so you can go from there.

I own a pedal that has Japanese writing on it (Belle Epoch) and have no idea how to read it although I did look it up. Makes the pedal unique to me.

I do see how some things would be easier for you, so I can understand the request. There is always the various language sub forums on this site. So that’s a good place too!

Qué tengas un lido dia

I played with it last night both stereo through spdif and mono through XLR main outs. Overall much less impressive in mono which is to be expected. Even considering that, I'd likely put it on all my rigs if I could for that extra secret sauce sound. However, I don't want to sacrifice my post amp slots. I almost always need a boost, chorus, delay, and reverb (I play in an 80s Cover band, it is a must)

+1 to the idea of adding this as an effect in the output section if DSP allows

if you are playing 80’s music, you can put your chorus and delay in slots C & D as most of the amps used at that time did not have effects loops and were in front of the amp.

Hi Allenhuish,

i still do not understand from where the AP will get the editor datas in a live situation.

There has to be an internet router on stage ?

please help,- thanx...

You create your own network to use, that is why you need a wifi router. So yes if you plan on editing on stage then you will need to setup a router and have a PoE if you use the Remote

Even at home I have my Kemper on it’s own router and separate from home wifi. My router stays with my Kemper in the rack.

Keep in mind that the editor only edits rigs locally, with rigs you have loaded into your Kemper and any edits will still need to be uploaded/updated in Rig Manager when you connect via USB to computer with Rig Manager. Any new rigs you want will need to be downloaded onto the Kemper before you can edit via iPad

2) For guitars with a trem - the only option is an EVH D Tuna BUT does not work on floyd and not floating, just push down.

Not true, you can have a floating system but you need an adjuster to balance the tension so the guitar goes back to zero point and stays in tune.
    See my post above this.

D-tuna...I under stand how it keeps the E string in tune dropping down to D, but wouldn't dropping down to D make all the other strings sharp? What compensates for that? EDIT: Oh I see you can't have a floating bridge. Nope, that's a dealbreaker. what's the point of a "tremolo" that only goes down?

You can have a floating bridge but you then need a trem stabilizer that brings the guitar back to zero point.
    Floyd Rose Trem- Endus https://floydrose.com/collecti…er?variant=33175088201837
    ESP arming adjuster which is similar

Steve Vai used the Ibanez one for years. They do need to be set up correctly to work, that is where many people fail.

I use OnSong and create setlists that will change my Kemper rig via midi. There are many programs that can do this, even a basic DAW

For simpler setup I use Kemper in Performance mode and just use one bank of 5 performances.

You can only program 128 different rigs with midi, so really how many different amps do you need? I think you would be better off simplifying and using fewer amp rigs. I can get by with 15 performances and play over 300 song choices.

Maybe start seeing how much you can tweak one amp to cover many things, you might be surprised.