Posts by drog

I played with it last night both stereo through spdif and mono through XLR main outs. Overall much less impressive in mono which is to be expected. Even considering that, I'd likely put it on all my rigs if I could for that extra secret sauce sound. However, I don't want to sacrifice my post amp slots. I almost always need a boost, chorus, delay, and reverb (I play in an 80s Cover band, it is a must)

+1 to the idea of adding this as an effect in the output section if DSP allows

if you are playing 80’s music, you can put your chorus and delay in slots C & D as most of the amps used at that time did not have effects loops and were in front of the amp.

Hi Allenhuish,

i still do not understand from where the AP will get the editor datas in a live situation.

There has to be an internet router on stage ?

please help,- thanx...

You create your own network to use, that is why you need a wifi router. So yes if you plan on editing on stage then you will need to setup a router and have a PoE if you use the Remote

Even at home I have my Kemper on it’s own router and separate from home wifi. My router stays with my Kemper in the rack.

Keep in mind that the editor only edits rigs locally, with rigs you have loaded into your Kemper and any edits will still need to be uploaded/updated in Rig Manager when you connect via USB to computer with Rig Manager. Any new rigs you want will need to be downloaded onto the Kemper before you can edit via iPad

2) For guitars with a trem - the only option is an EVH D Tuna BUT does not work on floyd and not floating, just push down.

Not true, you can have a floating system but you need an adjuster to balance the tension so the guitar goes back to zero point and stays in tune.
    See my post above this.

D-tuna...I under stand how it keeps the E string in tune dropping down to D, but wouldn't dropping down to D make all the other strings sharp? What compensates for that? EDIT: Oh I see you can't have a floating bridge. Nope, that's a dealbreaker. what's the point of a "tremolo" that only goes down?

You can have a floating bridge but you then need a trem stabilizer that brings the guitar back to zero point.
    Floyd Rose Trem- Endus https://floydrose.com/collecti…er?variant=33175088201837
    ESP arming adjuster which is similar

Steve Vai used the Ibanez one for years. They do need to be set up correctly to work, that is where many people fail.

I use OnSong and create setlists that will change my Kemper rig via midi. There are many programs that can do this, even a basic DAW

For simpler setup I use Kemper in Performance mode and just use one bank of 5 performances.

You can only program 128 different rigs with midi, so really how many different amps do you need? I think you would be better off simplifying and using fewer amp rigs. I can get by with 15 performances and play over 300 song choices.

Maybe start seeing how much you can tweak one amp to cover many things, you might be surprised.

Wouldn't just simply changing the volume levels of those rigs do the same thing? The way I understood, clean sense was to change the whole structure of clean vs dirty sounds overall. Rig per rig could be done with a simple volume fix. "Clean Sens determines the volume of clean sounds" Not "sound". Plural meaning more than one. Now I am unsure what clean sense even does. If it doesn't balance all clean sounds overall, the same thing can be done with volume controls rig per rig..

no. Clean sense is used to balance how loud the clean signal is in relation to the dirty. So if you balance them so you don’t get a volume jump when you go from a clean to dirty sound.
    Rig volume is just the overall volume of a rig.

Another way to think about it, if you morph a rig from clean to dirty, you want them to be the same level just more or less dirt. Clean sense balances that level between dirt and clean.

Kemper did a good video on clean sense, you should watch it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

?? Ummm yes, I said that right from the first post. What you don’t understand from what I am saying, is that that setting is NOT good for all of my instruments. Some need different clean sense settings. So you can either A)lock input and save the input setting and recall it, or B) unlock it save it per rig

I use method B for the reason I stated, that it is easier when playing live. For me

Saving clean sense per instrument kinda negates the purpose of it don't you think? I mean you could just adjust the volume per rig then.

Clean sense only balances clean and dirty levels so you don’t get a huge volume jump when going between dirty/clean. It is also used to tame or boost signals between different types of pickups and how they react (active can be way too hot).
    Even with Input locked you still need to adjust your rigs to each other, or you will have louder rigs all over the place.

Still the biggest thing is when switching instruments, no need to go and change my locked input to a different saved one.

If I am auditioning many rigs, then I lock my input as it keeps it consistent for lots of rigs. But for live use, I really only use a single (1) performance of 5 rigs . Each instrument has its own performance set up.

Well it can be global if you “lock” it.

I like it per rig, as I have my rigs set up for certain guitars and saved per rig with clean sense. I could have a saved input setup for each instrument, I have done that as well and could lock it but I prefer it set per rig. Plus I can tweak clean sense or distortion sense per rig if needed.

I set up performances for different instruments as well as rigs and just name them as such.

Forgot to add that it’s a pain when playing live to have to change your saved input settings each time you change a guitar. So now all I do is go to my performance that is setup for that instrument.