Posts by drog

Trazan and Spaz, what version are you running on the Kemper? With 3.3 my pedals out front seemed to work, now on 4.06 something has changed and I can't get the same results. I.e the sound of my pedals just are not the same anymore. Just can't put my finger on what happened that changed, but the pedals do not seem to push as they did previously.

Yes, I have a powered Kemper so the speaker output goes to the FRFR.

I will try to put it on standby as well, thanks. I guess I dont understand why when I do the A/B comparison, the Kemper profile will also play through the guitar cab. Isn't that a profile of an amp, cab and mic being played through a cab? Shouldn't the entire profile go through my FRFR so that I can get a real comparison?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the replies!

It goes through both so you can A/B the kemper and real amp, then move the mic or EQ as needed to get your desired result before you profile. You hear both because you have the direct out going to your amp. This is why you want your amp and frfr in different rooms so you can hear what you will profile.

Move the loop behind the Amp section, the behaviour should be as you want.

No not the behaviour I wanted. I want the pedals to push the preamp but not liking how it plays with pedals.
    Its weird because before 4.06 it seemed to work ok . Now it seems different.

Ok, I had some time to try my expression pedal into the back of the Kemper to see if it would react with a lag as I experienced with using my foot controller and morphing the gain level. Happy to say that it works flawless and there is not even a lag in the display!?!?!

edit: thought I would try a foot switch in the back of the Kemper as well. The switch still has lag in the screen when switch rigs.

Use the copy and paste feature. " Use the COPY and PASTE buttons to grab a Module and copy its data to another similar location. For example, you can copy and paste the settings of one stomp to another, either within the same Rig, or another Rig entirely. To do this, select a Module and press COPY. Next, select a destination Module and press PASTE. "
    Copy B to C and A to B. Then once they are moved, put your desired effect in the A slot.

This is something I have played with a lot the last year, trying to use my boost pedals with the Kemper. The only way you will get a boost level is if you use the pedals in the Kemper loop in slot X or Mod. Like you have noticed the Kemper keeps inputs at a set level, you will just distort the input before getting any volume difference from the front input. Even the sound you get is not what the pedal should be.

Personally I have given up on using my boost pedals with the Kemper unless it's with an amp during a profiling session. You will find that using either "pure boost" or "green scream" in slot A-D along with some EQ will get you much better results and you can get close to some of the pedals you want. You can also double up on the boosts (for example pure boost in C and pure boost in D) to give you that extra gear you might be looking for. Use "pure boost" or EQ in X slot for a volume boost.

I too was disappointed that I can not use my favorite boost pedals with the Kemper but I have worked hard at getting close to what they sound like with steps above. I get really great results when profiling an amp and using my boosts though. I guess one bonus is I don't need to haul them to gigs/rehearsal.

Cheers!

I morphed the gain level and the bass and treble knobs. Control the morph with expression pedal (moog EP-3) into my Voodoo GC. If I move the pedal quickly there is no issue, no lag. If I move the pedal slowly and stop half way and then continue, the sound lags behind the pedal position.

I will ill try the pedal directly into the Kemper to see if it does the same thing.

I guess we feel it's odd that the attitude is deal with it or go find something else.

I have used countless guitar and keyboard products over the last 40yrs and I don't recall a product that had such issues in the screen lagging behind as what we currently have.

I hope hope they, the Kemper team take this issue (as little as it may seem)a little more serious. They have a great product and it should be polished and shine in all aspects.

I will test the audio lag I have in morphing and make sure it's not something I am doing wrong but I does happen for me with one scenario .

Do I understand it correctly that generic MIDI floorboard is lag free in visual feedback, but original remote suffers from lag in magnitude of hundreds of milliseconds? I am thinking about buying Kemper remote, but 600 ms is truly long time. It seems I'll get one ms for each $ spent.

I use a midi floorboard and while the board will change instantly, the display on the Kemper lags behind.
    So for the user above that wants to see the display on the floor change, then that would work with a midi board. But there is still the visual lag on the Kemper display.

Wondering why a latency in the display reaction makes a difference for you guys, apart as a matter of principle.
    What I am basically wondering is how can this issue be cancelling the advantages and power of the new features.
    I want to stress that I'm not defending the unit or the Company, mine is a serious question.
    Having said that, unicuique suum of course.

The screen lag is not a big issue for me but it's really quite bad. Never seen another system that reacted this poorly for visuals. But I guess it is what it is.

I do have a concern with the lag in sound when I use the morph feature. It only happens when I slowly move my expression pedal. The Kemper gets lost/confused where the pedal is as far as the sweep and what gain it should be and lags behind the actual movement of the pedal. This is an issue. If I quickly move it, there is no issue. This is while morphing the gain.

Heldal, I like what you are saying, even if it's over my head. Lol
    No doubt they already have an editor that is used in house, so it would not take much to polish it up for a consumer product.
    The least they could do is Rig Manager on iPad/iPhone. Heck, many companies allow you to do edits on a phone these days, imagine that!