Posts by drog

Yes you can setup the time factor the same way. Set your time factor to midi channel 2. Make sure you set the time factor output to "Thru" so your Kemper can receive its messages from the GCP.
    Follow the same sets as above and now add a second device to control ch.2 (your time factor)
    You can send your Timefactor CC messages and put it into bypass mode or out of bypass mode to use it.

Set your GCP for "4 Prst/bank " this way you can use buttons 1-8 for instant access buttons (on off effects).
    Enter setup mode by pressing both "setup mode" buttons at the same time. Then select "utility " button, then tap down one on the "select" down button. The display will probably read "10 prst/bank" press the "yes/+" button to change it to "4 prst/bank". Tap the setup exit button, save.
    Now you can set the instant access buttons. Enter the setup mode (same as above). Press the "instant access button" you should see something like "1.gcx-1 loop1" this says instant access button 1 is controlling GCX 1 loop 1. Decide which button 1-8 you want the delay on. Use the "bank down" button to cycle through the instant access buttons 1-8 . Use the cursor button to move over to change from GCX to CC message. Press the "yes/+" button to move the display to read 1.ch01 ctl 004" this says that instant access button 1 on midi channel on controls CC 004. Leave it on midi channel one for the Kemper. Move the cursor button one more over and change the ctl to 26. That will control the Kemper delay on/off.
    repeat these steps for each patch you want to be able to control the delay. Note you can control any of the effects in all eight Kemper slots the same way. Go to the Kemper download page to get the midi chart.
    to get the GCP to display the lights correctly follow these steps.
    Go to the preset you want to edit. Press the instant access buttons that should be on and turn off any that should be off to correspond to the Kemper effects on off state. Press and hold the "edit" button until you see the GCP display change. Once it changes press the "edit" button again and then say " yes" to save.

Enjoy!

I use the Voodoo Labs Ground Control and the Voodoo Labs PSX8. The PsSx8 stays by my Kemper, the midi cable that connects to the Ground Control also sends power to it. I then can control my Kemper and my stomp boxes all from the Ground control.

I also sometimes just use the PSX8 when I am playing through my tube amps, so,it serves a dual purpose.

You could also go with the Ground Control and Voodoo labs GCX which is a rack version.

Boss also just just came out with the ES8 and ES5, you could also look at using that. It has a smaller footprint than the Voodoo Labs unit.

I chose the Voodoo Labs because I already had the Ground Control unit.

Cheers!

I have a four rack with my Kemper and ART PB 4x4 power conditioner. I might go to a five rack and get a rack mounted wireless.

I still prefer my amp on stage and not run it through my monitor. I just want to hear my vocals up front and maybe a little of the drums . Plus if we get a system with limited monitor setup, then everyone would go through the monitors and it's too messy. Need to hear my vocals clean. I run my Roland KC350 on stage and it's been great.

Do you not gig with a backup of some sort? That to me is riskier business

I had similar issues and found that using external boost pedals got me there. I treat my Kemper like any other amp.

Anyone using this update 4,02 in browse mode with a midi foot controller?

I am using update 4.02 with my Voodoo Labs Ground Control, working fine so far. There is a slight delay when changing patches, this had been an issue on previous release but they had fixed it until now. That's my only complaint.

Just updated to 4.02 beta, had no issues with the install and it took 12mins to update. Will give it a run through a little later today with my Voodoo Labs Ground Control. So far everything boots up ok. :thumbup:

I still have all my tube amps and have no plans to get rid of any, in fact I have bought a few since. We have no idea what the Kemper future holds or what other products might come our way but I still enjoy my tube amps.
    I like the versatility of the Kemper but sometimes the simplicity of a tube amp and guitar is all I need.

This is the first modelling style amp I have been happy with, I save the wear and tear on my tube amps.

Ok, I'll bite again...
    I don't see a prob with people selling commercial profiles second hand.
    You buy a profile pack - it's crap for your style - you sell it again at a lower price as it is useless to you - where's the problem?

It's the same with a DVD - you buy a DVD of a movie - you see it, you don't like it, you sell the DVD again on Ebay.

In both cases - you own the right to watch a movie or play a profile - and you sell that right.

You need to think in terms of a digital movie or song. You only own the right to watch or listen to the movie/song and don't own anything that is transferable to anyone else. Now if you could somehow de-register your name and register this other person as the owner, then it would be legal. The digital world creates a blurred line with ownership.
    The issue is that you still have access to the product even after you "sell" it to someone else. What's stopping you from downloading it again? Also, what happens to the person you sell it too, when his file becomes corrupted and he needs to get it again? Does he go back to you for a new copy? Or is he just out of luck now?

Ok, I have the foot switch working sorta. Still trying to figure out if it's worth using, as the punch in and out seems flaky. As it stands I had to run Pedal one switch one in normal and switch two in inverse.
    Here is what I get... Switch two I need to hold down to record the length of the loop. I can then hold down switch one to playback loop, but if I lift my foot it stops playing. I can also hit switch two to engage playback continuously in a loop. Hitting switch two again, I can overdub. Hitting switch two again goes back to playback mode, no overdub. Hitting switch one again, stops the loop. Tapping two more times clears the loop ( I think, lol).
    Its not perfect but it does seem to work. Of course I have no way of telling what position the switch is in.

I am using a Digitsch FS3 foot switch I had laying around. The third button does not function, but could be causing unknown issues.

Think of it like selling a guitar with new pickups or an amp,with a different speaker. It does not add value to said piece of gear, only adds interest. People might not even care for what you have loaded and might just do a factory reset.

I use the ART Pro Power conditioner (SP4x4PRO), I would not play without one. Too many places have bad power. I fried a keyboard module once, now never leave to a gig without a power conditioner.