Posts by drog

It's alright by me if it's not an option for the rack/toaster. I mean it's 10 year old hardware after all. It is already exceeding my expectations everyday.

It could be an option if they built wi-fi into the Remote, which seems a logical approach they would take

Interesting stuff. There seems to be some metering happening in the video.

Hope they spill the rest before the weekend.

It is a bit annoying that these are posted only on Insta and Farcebuck - both of which require user accounts. Why not youtube or some other open service for the rest of us?

They post on Twitter as well, of course more accounts for you

Why the aggressive and defensive responses to Yoda? His posts sound angry, but based on actual experience using a device workflow that he committed to years ago that is now being transformed in fundamental ways. You don’t have to agree. But no, many many people bonded with Kemper because using it was the closest reflection of using traditional rigs in the digital domain. In large part because it was the most personal, or most person-izable.

I think it’s good to talk about how we all use the Kemper , especially good for the Kemper group to then maybe see how they should approach menus, etc. We all have different use needs. If improvements can be made, we all benefit.

I can see Yoda’s point of view and perhaps the Kemper presets should only be available with rig manager or download, then those that want to use them can and those that don’t will not see extra clutter on the Kemper unit.

Or a way to view “user” saved effects only. Kinda like the rig view options.

So you would prefer a blank Kemper, with no rigs, effect presets, nothing. So you could profile your own amp, with baked in fuzz/of/dist and then build your effects from ground up. Because if you use anyone else’s rigs then your argument is moot

You don’t have use them, it’s not like they force them to be used with every rig. ?

Internet connection is fine, cable to profiler is fine as I can see all my profiler information in rig manager. Where do I check my login credentials? Thanks.

Just update with a USB stick. I have had issues previous to the latest Beta where my MAC would always crap out the connection with the Kemper when I tried to update with USB cable. But updating via USB stick was always solid.

Sorry for that.

I will rewind and put my business hat on.

Truth is that no glassy sound is doable without the "True Impedance" feature. One need to update to a Profiler Stage for that.

Do any of the recent Toaster or Rack units have this ability? Why was it not put on all of them? Is this something we could mod in some way?

As per the manual:

The internal power amp is mono, and delivers 600 watts at 8 ohms — however, the wattage will be lowered to 300 watts when used at 16 ohms. At 4 ohms, the wattage is electronically limited to 600 watts. If these 600 watts are exceeded, the power amp is deactivated for a moment, which will result in a short dropout. It would require insane volumes for such dropouts to occur — however, if you are connecting a 4-ohm cabinet, you should test it carefully to ensure that your loudest signals stay below that critical level.

I’ve owned a KPA since day one, and have owned a second for the last 5 years so I could do stereo amping. The easiest way I can say it is this - after having the Quad Cortex for 2 weeks, I’ve sold both my Kempers. The KPA was a game changer. But, it is not an amp, it is technology. Technology doesn’t age well, and isn’t built to. Technology evolves and improves, and the QC is the latest evolution. I will always respect Kemper for being the trailblazers they are. I don’t say this to start any inflammatory discussions, but I did not find any area in which the KPA did as well as the QC, with the ONE exception of the QC having fewer effects at this point. But I lived through the development of the KPA effects arsenal, so I know that it takes time. From form to function, feature set, design, sound, feel, build, and convenience, the QC takes it. Neural is the new king on the block for me. Anyone who is the least bit interested in guitar processing technology should try one for themselves.

The Kemper is 10 years old and still holds its own, in some areas still is ahead. That to me says a lot about the design of the Kemper.