Posts by drog

Hey Andy, I purchased some singles and love them. I was however not able to download the EC profiles from amp pack 3 of the singles. I click on purchase and nothing happens. As well, the audio files do not work either.

Let me know when I can grab them.

Cheers,
    Drog

Not sure if you still use the GCP, I could help you set it up. You can also use just a midi cable (single cable) to power the GCP, if you have the GCX. Plus you can also control your old stomp boxes too!

Really? I find the GPC a real breeze to set up (way easier than the FCB for example), and use it regularly - but the key is to use it in Browse mode. This makes it extremely simple.

The midi numbers are shifted off by one number (a weird programming glitch if you ask me), so slot 1 is actually assigned to midi number 2 in your rig, slot 2 is assigned to midi 3, etc... Slot 10 and all multiples of 10 are a bit weird. Assign these to midi numbers 1 (+10); so slot 10 is actually assigned to midi 1, slot 20 - assign to midi 11, slot 30 - assign to 21...

I hope that clears things up a bit for you. It's easy once you get the hang of it, though I AM looking forward to the Kemper Remote when it ships.

You can change this behavior on the GCP, have it start at 0 or 1. It works fine for me.

Paul, since you're a former GCP owner, what is the latest info on bi-directional MIDI with the GCP? Does the latest version read stompbox state from the Kemper?

if you want the GCP to have the effects lights correspond with the KPA, the answer is "yes" it can do this. For each patch you need to set the state for the switches you want on.

Still have not upgraded to 3.0 or 3.1, waiting for things to be stable. No rush here as things are working as is.

Two thoughts:

If your song does not use recorded parts or midi parts for play back and you use just one sound, you can then just use the song to send program for everyone and that is it. A simple one bar song.

For more complex songs with program changes or samples, midi playback. You could extend songs by pausing playback and then playing that section live. I have also used a looper in those areas. Some software also allows you to have a section repeat and controlled with a footswitch.

Another thing we do is using a Keith Mcmillen 12 step, to add more functionality and getting away from complete midi.

I had this same thing happen in rev 2.7. I since dialed back my clean sense and distortion sense and it seemed to clear it up. It was weird because it would only do it for me on one note. But it was like suddenly the input or output went crazy and would just about blow the speakers. Seems like this issue has been here for awhile. Mine sounded just like this clip in the OP.

I am running 2.7.3.10479B , still on the beta, lol. I had to put my clean sense at -1.7 and DS at -1.4 for that sound to go away.

It would be nice if we could run a couple more delays, but that is not possible (unless you use an external effect too). His sound is more about the effects filling space, you do not need much of the effect.
    Here are the effects and settings I use for a Pat Metheny sound. I play a Gibson ES-175, or Ibanez PM20, both with flat wound strings.

Rig: (you could use a JC120 if you like)
    /13 JRT9/15 (MBritt)

Effects:
    Air Chorus depth 1.9, Crossover 1335 Hz
    Free Delay, mix 3.3, Time 453ms, Ratio 4.4, Feedback 4.7, Bandwidth 1.3, Center Freq -2.5, Modulation 2.5
    ducking and volume 0
    Reverb Hall, mix 13.4, balance 0, time 0.8, damping 5.4, pre delay 81ms, bandwidth 2, Frequency -1.5,
    ducking 0, volume -1.1

Eq your amp as needed, enjoy

G-string, we apprecite that you are taking in our opinions here. Some of us were just a little surprised that the remote will not be for sale through regular retail outlets. Sorry if I have come off a little harsh, just venting disappointment.

On we go, look forward to user reviews of the remote.