Posts by joes70

your /13 LDW is very awasome rig for Fender sound !!! it's one of my favorite profiles

My experience about this..... I tried this package for weeks and I'm really very satisfied. These profiles have a lot of dynamics and are also excellent for blues sounds, similar to the typical Joe Bonamassa Les Paul sound. Simply lower the volume of the guitar and adjust the equalization a bit.

Hi John, and thank you for taking the time to give such a long answer.
    I do not want to demonstrate or teach anything to anyone. I'm not a sound engineer like many members of this forum. I'm just a simple musician. Yesterday I wanted to share the result of a long process of empirical research on this particular sonority. So I decided to quickly overdub my guitar on the right side of the mix, which can be better heard through good headphones. I can clearly hear the two guitars, probably because I know my sound very well :D
    I agree with you that there is not much difference to an immediate listening. But my goal was just trying to compare the two sounds, so I was not interested in using a backingtrack, because I would lose the reference point. Maybe I should have done a comparison with an isolated track of Stevie's guitar on Texas Flood, but I can not do that.
    I am a great admirer of SRV, therefore, I spent a lot of time listening, testing and various experiments to get to this profile, as a starting point of the search for my personal sound ..... so I do not upset the criticism negative ;)
    I understand and respect your point of view and if for you my video is useless, I hope the information contained in it can be an interesting inspiration for others.

My Texas Flood tone (GRStudios modified profile)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I like that, don't suppose its on the rig exchange??

I tried many rigs and this, for me, was the best for this sound. It is not on R.E.
    Amp is MJ800 crunch 03 from Studio Pack Dodi Battaglia (Rigbusters) while the cab is a Peavey 5150 (Deadpan Pack). However, for these sounds I found that the profiles of Djemass (Gerald Massois) Mark IIC+ and 5150 GRStudios cab (rig exchange) also sound very good. Here is an example where I used these free rigs.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This my Runaround brown sound. It is not the same of the original EVH guitar, but this tone satisfies me enough.

[Blocked Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81c6cL1DzhL._SX522_.jpg]

Life saver. I use main output to mixer, return to the rolls in "line level". Connect monitor output with cab sim to my instrument input. I do my own mix.

I have to trust the FOH guy...as always. But i least play my KPA patches very confortable. And with monitor output i dial my own eq to roll some HF to my IEM, without affecting the signal to the mixer.

I would also like to buy this small mixer.
    Why not connect the kemper's stereo main out to the instrument input of rolls pm351 (Y stereo cable)? Do you use this kind of connection because the stereo audio signal from the rolls outputs is worse then kemper main out?

In recent months I have listened to many videos played through AX-Fx, AX8, Helix, Headrush and kemper. All of these systems can produce very beautiful and dynamic sounds, however, when compared to the class sounds obtained with analog amplifiers, you can really feel the difference between the kemper and all the others.
    The kemper is still the only digital system that makes me relive the true sound of plexi, vox, bassman, etc. The other systems are perhaps more immediate, have more evolved characteristics, especially in the effects / editor, but their sound seems more distant from the classic analog sounds of the valves.
    So I conclude that, for me, there are still no alternative machines to kemper.

I would like to hear the opinion of someone using kemper and other digital instruments.

The Phase Vibe in the KPA does an ok job, if you know how to set it up. It's just missing some of the wobble that the Uni/Rotovibe had (the model in the Helix is the best digital emulation I've heard).

The kemper rotary has only two fixed speeds (fast or slow). This is a small limit. Maybe there is a way to change and customize the rate, but I do not know it.

Io collego le cuffie al kemper (perché mi piace di più questo suono rispetto a quello che esce dall'uscita cuffie della scheda) poi collego l'uscita cuffia del MAC al kemper (input alternativi nella parte posteriore del kemper, quelli usati per un eventuale loop effetti). In questo modo sento in stereo sia la chitarra sia l'audio che riproduce il mio computer. Uso le uscite Spdif per collegare il kemper alla mia scheda audio MOTU. Per il reamping uso, in aggiunta, anche altre uscite del kemper, ma questo è fuori argomento :).