Posts by joes70

I have to update myself, my preferences :D , because I recently tried the Tune Junkie profiles and I found them really exceptional. Bassman (Lowbass) has very clean sounds that fit well with my Stratocasters. These profiles do not require many changes; good at first listening. In this regard, I am preparing a short videotest in which I will use only these Tonejunkie profiles to get SRV sounds (from Tin Pan Alley to Texas Flood).

I tested all the cabs of the new Britt cabs. This pack is very nice for me! Specially 3rd Power Switchback 212 cab has improved the quality of my profiles (fender amp) :thumbup:

It has rarely happened to me to be immediately satisfied with the commercial profiles, because normally it's necessary to change cab, equalization, effects, etc. All of this did not happen with the "Tone Junkie" profiles that I bought yesterday. Exceptional quality and dynamics !
    Through a 65 Lowman profile I found a sound very similar to Texas Flood (Stevie Ray Vaughan). I hope to do a Texas Flood video soon using this profile.
    Thanks Jonathan for your excellent work!

Marcus, I listened to the "Continuum" pack demos and I appreciated the clean sounds. It would be interesting, considering your experience, if you are profiling some amp that reproduces the typical texas blues sound of stevie ray vaughan. ;)

If used correctly, many profiles can reproduce the Mayer tone quite well (Britt, tonejunkie, Meulendijk, TAF, etc.). The important thing is to have the right guitar with good single coil.
    It would be interesting to do some video tests by playing above the original tracks, using profiles of different brands.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

https://youtu.be/bz-9GPsR5wc

I am looking to buy profiles for use with my Strats, a SRV Signature Strat and also some custom Suhr Strats...
    I am looking for a SRV/Eric Johnson Types of tones. Vintage Blues tones.

I am looking for the BEST profiles of the Fender Blackface Super Reverb and the Vibroverb, and also the Tweed VibroKing and Bassman.

Who do you recommend I buy from that has these for the absolute BEST in tone?

I'm also looking for a vintage cranked blues stratocaster sound (like Stevie Ray Vaughan). I tried many profiles, both commercial and free, and my favorites are these:
    - Fender Super Reverb amp (GRStudios), free on Rig Manager.
    - CTone OTS (MBritt)
    - TwoRock Jet (And44), it's very nice for a John Mayer sound.
    - 410 SPRVRB cab (OwnHammer)
    - MB 212 412 3 cab (MBritt)
    On my youtube channel I'm testing some of these profiles playing above the original tracks of SRV, J. Mayer, etc., for an easier comparison.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAZHAzcV3XjwN7f_M8ZoVQ

Looking foreward to your SRV profiles, you quite nailed Stevie's tone in your videos!

Thank you! However, my profiles could change a lot if played with a different guitar. For example, on my other stratocaster (pickups custom shop), the sound changes a lot. In this case, it may be useful to work individually on your own equalization.
    Kemper is really a very surprising tool for me, but I will never be able to replicate the 100% SRV sound because I do not have his magic hand :)

EQ is very important too. I believe that graphic Eq, placed after the stack, can improve the quality of the profiles.

I use free GRStudios profiles to achievement SRV tones. Their Super Reverb Amp are very nice for this type of texas blues sound, but I sustituited the cab with a MBritt cab. I have changed and tried a lots of amps and cabs (free and commercials), but I think that GRS are the best for my ears.
    I don't like the sound of green screamer, so I use a TS808 in front of KPA.

I do not write much on the forum, so I will try to share my experiences with the KPA. I'm sorry if I spend a little time. I hope not to bore you with topics already widely discussed on this forum.

I have found many good profiles for very saturated and distorted sounds, while, apart from some rare exceptions (eg Mbritt, Bert Meulendijk, TAF), I am not very satisfied with the commercial profiles that reproduce the sound typically fender .... perhaps because less required on the market.

I really love the Stevie Ray Vaughan sounds. Since I use the Kpa (2014), I have tried hundreds rigs. My toaster has almost exclusively sounds called SRV :D . In these years I have tried to improve this particular sound experimenting various amp or cab, trying IR, using both commercial and free profiling (RM).

At the same time, I listened to many audio tracks of SRV (studio and live) trying, simultaneously, to find correspondences through the coupling of various amp, speakers, equalizations and effects.

During live performances, I think Stevie has not always used the same amp, the same pickups, the same guitar, the same pedals, so I looked for a synthesis based on my personal taste. For example, I think that during some live performances of "Texas flood" Stevie used the Vibratone (leslie cab used on Cold Shot) and n. 2 TS, while in the studio version I think SRV used only n. 1 TS (set as boost). When I finish my research and experimentation work on the Texas flood tone, I will let you hear the result to get your opinions. I will have to make a synthesis between 4 profiles that I have already assembled and customized by listening to texas flood in various contexts (live and studio). Personally I am very satisfied with the dynamic and sustain performance of these 4 profiles. The only limit I have encountered are the overdrives in the KPA that I do not think can be a valid alternative to my TS808 pedal.

At the same time I'm also working on more modern blues sounds (for Fender and Gibson guitars pickups): eg. John Mayer, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Matt Schofield, Joe Bonamassa.

Thanks for the patient reading! :)