Posts by CarlRoa

Thanks for the comment and info ... Tested the G50 a bit this past week. It does a very good job, the tone is close to my cable. No issues with dropouts. I do have to keep the virtual cable length "off" to retain as much frequency response as I can. When that feature is off, it is closer to my Mogami cable tone. Also, I am running a very short mogami cable from the base unit to the KPA, which also made a difference.

Not sure about that Apollo interface, but make sure the input are set to "Line" and not MIC. If you are plugging directly from the kpa to your interface, the interface should be set to "Line".

I just ordered the relay G50 ... Does anyone have any experience with that system? I've read mostly positive reviews, but also found a thread on the Line 6 forum with players complaining about drop outs. Although the thread was old, and some said something about a firmware update. Have heard nothing but good comments about the tone compared to a cable.

It's not the DXR10. That monitor is an excellent solution for the Kemper. In sum, any given room your are in will have eq issues. You need to be prepared to deal with them quickly. The solution is to use the global eq's found in the output menus. You have global eq options for you main outs and monitor out. Use them when needed. Boxy frequencies will most often be in the midrange. (500 hz zone) Use your ears and dial in the output eq depending on the room.

Small basement rooms are the worst, so it will be a challenge.

I've been very happy with the Kemper / DXR10 combo. Like other have mentioned, it IS about dialing in the tone. Yes, it is a bit different from working with a traditional setup. In some ways, I would say it is "better". I find it to a bit more consistent. Couple of things I will mention in case you did not know:

- The DXR10 has a simple shelving type EQ /Filter... look on the back, you will see a switch. You can cut off some low end if needed, etc.
    - The Kemper has "multiple" eq points. Meaning, you do have a global EQ in the output section, one for the main outs, and one for the monitor out. (none for the direct out. unless that changed with the latest software release ... which would be cool) Just be aware of these EQ's. I use the global EQ to make adjustments dependent on the room I am in. If a room is really bright or dark, you can tweak here without touching each individual profile. Good thing to know on the gig ...

Bottom line is you should be able to get a great sound out of that combo. Keep working it. :)

Hi All,

How do I export a rig from a Performance slot to the USB stick? In the manual it says exports to USB need to be done in Browse mode. But I have customized rigs saved in my Performance slots. I would like to export a few to USB. What is the process?

Thanks,

Carl

Hi,

If I record a loop with a clean rig, can I add an additional loop recording on top of loop 1 with a crunch rig, or solo over the loop with a lead rig? I scoped through the manual and did not see a reference to changing rigs while looping. Also watched a couple of video demos of the looper from the Kemper booth at NAMM, but the player stays on the same rig (patch) when he improvises over the loop. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Carl

I've been using the EurekaProm 2 with excellent results. Mostly working in Performance mode. Easy to set up, and lots of ways to use the FCB1010 once you have the chip installed. Makes the most sense to go with one of these solutions, so you can spend more time on the music and less on programming.

Hi All,

Is it possible to replicate the MXR Phase 90 sound with the effects of the KPA? Any recommended effect settings to achieve this sound? Thanks for any tips or ideas.

-Carl