Posts by CPHfx

i used to support Guido and his profiles. Bought some and liked them. I have an abo on this thread - but I have to admit that I don't like the recent developments...
    Too many profiles coming too fast, with maybe too little time to tweak them and still no sound samples for the bassman - although they were promised a long time ago. They were promised personally by Guido to be there before the price rise (price was raised from an very expensive coffee to a coffee Noone would buy). Instead videos and advertisements for lessons.
    Strange addition: if not enough likes were generated by such a video, someone feels offended. In addition, I feel that the slogan should be changed. I have no idea where Guido lives (Hamburg?) but I live in Munich - which is an expensive city. Still, you will not find a normal place, where you will have to pay 5 euros for a single coffee...

I will leave this thread now and wish you all the best!
    Will still see you in this forum!

PS: Guido: if you think I am not fair in my point, feel free to contact me by pm.
    I am no bad guy, not angry or whatever. I just stopped being fan/supporter. All the best!

Thanks for all the comments on this thread!
    Basically, I am very fine with putting the start on "tap" - I just have one remark:
    The corresponing LED shows ... I dont know... It just blonks or doesnt. No idea why and when.
    @Burkhard, can you comment in that? Is this a bug/missing implementation or am I missing / do not understand something?

Not that it is NEEDED - I am just asking, if there is something behind that LED, which I should understand.. (In general when looping, you always should know if you are in overdub or not - so there is no need for a corresponding LED... But as it blinks - Id like to know what it is trying to tell me)

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
    One question: The looper buttons have extended functionality. You can press and hold for different functions (e.g instant overdud for looper start, delete loop for looper stop, ..)
    What kind of switches do I need, that this behaviour is supported?

Or - as you just seem to require Looper Start and Stop buttons - you could reassign the Looper Button as Looper Start and the Tuner Button as Looper Stop. This way the Rig Buttons are always available to switch Rigs. And Tuner could still be activated via a Volume Pedal in heel position. Or you could even bring the TAP button into the game and use that as Looper Stop or Tuner button.

Or you connect another external dual momentary switch like the Profiler Switch 2-way and assign Looper Start and Stop to that one.

wohooo!
    Yes, will try this!
    Thanks!
    Will also the extended functions (press and hold) work on the TAP button?
    EDIT: YES, it does! Thanks agasin, will try to set everything up..

Hi,
    in looper mode, it is not possible to change rigs - without leaving this mode and coming back.
    I would very much like to be able to do so.

My desired workflow:
    I have a mic, an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar. All go into a mixer. The mixer output is connected to the input of the Kemper. In addition, there is one mic, not connected to Kemper.
    1) I would now like to take the acoustic guitar and lay down my basic progression as first recording. (I might sing into another mic (not connected to kemper at the same time). The Kemper should provide an acoutic rig here. (Works perfectly)
    2) shortly before the end of the loop, I switch to a clean rig without any modeling (but e.g. compressor), press and hold record for overdubbing some "drums"/"beatboxstuff"/Vocals. Thsi does not work, as switching rigs is not supported in looper mode.
    3) I switch to a "transpons rig" and put down a bass line (while singing in the other mic). Also not supported (but might "work" with some effect settings and effect buttons I-IV)
    4) E.g. Stop recording, Soloing with electric guitar rig.... Electric guitar rig required.

I asked a question how to do this here:
    Change Rigs in Looper Mode
    As noone seem to have any idea, I post this now to the feature requests...

The looper is GREAT and VERY NICE to have!!! It has some nice tricks in it, especially with the press and hold functions. Thus, I would very much like to be able to use it more and hope, that there could be some more additions to it.
    Switching rigs while in looping mode is a simple (???) but very important and crucial feature to me.

As alternative, it would already help a bit, if I could switch off the "Amp-section" with the effect buttons. Unfortunately, this only works with effects. I would have to think about some compromise rigs and an intelligent effect button assignment... However, beeing able to switch rigs would be way more convienient.

All the best

Hi,
    I am using the looper more now...
    Yet, I cold not find a way to switch rigs without leaving the looper mode. Is there any?
    Lets say I record the first loop clean, and want to add some lines with a different rig...
    As far as I understand it, I have to:
    0) Select clean rig
    1) switch to looper mode,
    2) Start recording and put down my first clean progression
    3) Finish loop/stop recording (loop plays back)
    4) Leave looper mode
    5) change rig
    6) come back to looper mode
    7) Hit record and overdub (or hold "record" after recording to overdub directly (GREAT feature by the way!!!))
    Is there a way to bypass 4-6?
    As alternative, I was thinking about using the effect buttons... But this also lead to "step dancing" and I coulndt find a good way, yet...

All the best

EDIT: The (for me) best solution would be to be able to assaign Rogs for the effect buttons... I might also be able to work with the following solution:
    1) Basic rig has no effects
    2) Button I disables all adds effects (eg. transpone, for bass line
    3) Button II disables all effects and activates eg. compressor/stuff
    4) Button III disables all effects and activates eg. distortion pedal, ...
    I just think, the needed "disable all effects" does not work... correct?

Honestly, even at the new price point, I'm so confident of Guido's work that I can be comfortable buying his profiles without even hearing them. Being able to give a new amp a spin for 4 or 5 bucks, count me in. A new release from Guido always brightens my day for sure...

Well, I dont doubt the quality of Guidos Amps - I also have several packages and use exclusively Guidos profiles for live.
    Still, its some kind of subjective principle, that I dont spend any money on anything, before having enough information about it. I think, the B-Man is extremely hard to profile, as the power stage is very important for its sound and feeling. I am not sure, if the Kemper is able to handle this. That is why I asked about experiences and sound samples.
    In addition, Guido stated some posts above, that he WILL make sound samples available before the price increases. For some reason it did not happen - thus I think I was allowed to ask again.
    No offence to noone! Of course, 5 € might not be so much, but now it is quite close to other vendors - and quite far away from a coffee ;)
    And for ME it is too much to just spend it without knowing what I will get.

All the best!!

I also know and reported these bugs - but for me, it works now.
    They did some updates to RM and the Kemper. You should try the newest version and open a support ticket, if you still encounter these issues.