Posts by oozish

Britt's pack sounds good on all my guitars. It's rare that you find a profile that can do LPs and Strats with ease. I've yet to find something that doesn't sound good on my Tele tho!

I like the Dumble. I see nothing wrong with the original and all of them I've played with sound sonorous when turning down the gain for a clearer tone. The Kemper does this most excellently I've noticed, but is particularly noticeable on great profiles like the Dumble.

The CAA is my favorite, the Dumble my second fav. I expect more great things from MBritt. You can't make these many good profiles by accident.

Hi! Are you altering anything in the Kemper or keeping the profiles clean for the most part? I find myself activating the compression and maybe boost/green but other than that they don't need alot of tweaking. If you are could you share any tips? Thanks!

Surprisingly my favorites are not the /13 but I'm really into the Bogner tones he got and those Diezels; compared to everything else I've heard diezal/Ecstasy those are really different and sound so sublime! I also like the 79 Marshall JMP Tim, all the Bassman, Vox, morgan...well you get the pictures.

Actually there is no Morgan AC20 in pack 2, it's a Morgan TB 40 and Morgan CM 50-Klon. Nevertheless many brilliant clean tones in the pack.

One of the best clean sounds I've ever heard was from a Morgan PR12, comparable to an old Fender Deluxe.

LOL! I was afraid that was the case after I posted, since I'm not a expert on all these amps, but for the record what I was referring to was Morgan AC40TB +Brt 2, Morgan CM50 Brt Klon 1, and the Morgan AC40TB 2 which are incredible profiles of whatever amp that is! :)

**still chuckling to myself.

I bought pack one and I think it's a great selection.
    Like some people said it's more on the darker sounding side of profiles.
    I'll buy pack2 as well.
    As for using: yes, of course.
    With my main band setting I'm very slow to change profiles though because what I have used for the last 2 years is still great (Morgan AC20).

I'm sure you know Britts Morgan AC20 profiles in pack two are ridiculously nice.

Wow...so I bought this pack. The second one. It completely changed how I think about the Kemper and totally changed waht I consdier a good profile or not. I feel like I've never heard a Bog XTC before this pack! The Diezel I never knew could sound so good. Best sounding Marshall I've ever heard (for non-metal music). I could go on and on.

Almost every profile is a keeper, I've gone through them all and despite some that are similar sounding (few) they are all great! I have to agree with the others, this is THE pack to buy if you're new to the Kemper or if you have a kemper and haven't bought it you should.

I'm very tempted to get the first one, but I have second thoughts based on feedback here..still, even if it's not as good as the second it's got to be great. The second one caused me to erase all non-favorties and basically rethink what I want to keep on my kemper. I've got to say this is probably the best pack of sounds I've bought for Non-Metal for sure.

These profiles are very good, with some real winners in there, but many of these I found had to be tweaked and responded well to some Tills cabs action (especially the bandmaster). That said, with some tweaking all these can be real gems, and the Ampeg 05 may be worth the price alone!

Also really loved the Supro thunderbolt 01 and both Valcros are amazing. i was disappointed in the fender side of things at first, I was really looking for some usable blackface/bandmaster out of the box, but as I said with some tweaking got some really nice clean tones.

oozish, It depends on what kind of blues. Both packs have some decent clean to mid gain stuff (3P, /13 FTR in pack 1 and Little Walter, Vibro King, Victoria in pack 2). There's a little more variety in Pack 2 I think so I'm leaning more toward that for you.

As far as possible amps for another pack, I'm making a mental (and now written) list based on things I want to have and your suggestions: Hiwatt, Orange, Marshall offset, blackface Super Reverb… ??

Pack 2 purchased. Amazing job! I would buy anything that moves to nail the SRV sound if you could include something like that.

The numbers do not reflect any schematic or mic distance. I am not big fan of that systematic approach anymore. Actually, when doing 10 profiles like this i mostly ended up with only 2 or 3 profiles which actually sounded good. So i mostly stay around what i like as sweet spots and play around with the variables then.

I've been doing alot of testing with the different cabs of your pack, and would REALLY appreciate your own (I consider expert) opinion on 'go to cabs' or perhaps your favorites from each category: the 1960, the mixed cabs, the rectifier etc. Or just a smatter of your favorites. This would be a very nice gauge for me, as I've written down my favorites for each category for reference and have taken to using your cabs for many profiles to enhance the profile.

I realize each cab brings with it it's own characteristic that might work with each profile differently, but surely you have some feeling for your favorites?

Well since I looked that up I discovered the bluesbreaker OCD+Ts9 (by Ballantine) and I mixed that with Tills 1960 011 cab. and it's just ridiculously nice blues. So there's a recommendation from me. Really cool, zztop sort of flavor.

My current favourite was uploaded by the infamous KP/Dr Bertson, and I've no idea who was originally responsible for it, but his 'copy' was titled something like Fulltone OCD. With the gain turned down to around 2-3, my Tele sings and almost plays itself. Would love to know who the real author is so I could thank them!

Cheers,
    Sam

Can't find this will have to be more specific. Only thing on the rig exchange with full tone ocd is from ballantine and r.r.sirius.

I'm so torn for sounds since I could like them all! But I've messed with this file alot and aside from adding some eq I think I prefer the original even vs. the tills cab. The cab adds a more 'in the room sound' and presence which is nice but the dark sound of the original is also nice. Like so many profiles, it's so hard to choose.

I recently checked out some of KOSTENS stuff and he has tons of profiles with different cabs and minute changes and it's so hard to choose one when they are all so good in different ways.

Not sure on your first question, but from the first page of thethread regarding cabs used in mixed:

added a bunch of "mixed" cabs, using the "tonematching" method and mixing over a DAW. These are blends of speakers with different characters. Most of them are mix versions of multiple cabs as Tills 1960 006, Tills Recto 055, G12K100, Marshall 1960 with G12T75, and the Greenback cab from the Siggi Mehl amp.- added the two "lost" 1960 cabs, which were the first i ever did, just named MARSHALL V30 and MARSHALL V30 T75. These were renamed to Tills 1960 060 and Till 1960 061. Many thx to guitartone for providing them