Posts by hermsburger

Guys,

my Kemper is not defective. It was... a cable. I´m embarassed. When I checked that part of the equation with spare cables, I was on a sound which turns out always sounds bad. Wiped the profiler before, left my sounds on the computer. Thought that sound would really show the problem.

The bad cable was touch sensitive, and did not show the problem when I hooked it up to another head.

Kemper support was really helpful and had a calm systematic approach, which I was lacking.

Keep your calm when doing studio housekeeping chores.

I talked to Peter from support this morning. I initialized the device, made no difference.

Already talked about sending the thing in as a worst case scenario.

I uploaded some WAVs of the problem, which is on every profile. High gain is ridiculously nasty, but it´s easier to hear and identify on the cleaner sounds.

Sounds like clipping, but its only a SD Custom and I am seeing orange at best.

These recordings are from a wiped Profiler and TopJimi Amps from the TJ Rigpack.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5w3…UITrd5mDCu07dFqzssCa?dl=0

Turned the volume pedal off in the Rig settings, to no effect. Have an FCB1010, but I don´t use it here at home; it´s connected but turned off.

Meanwhile every rig is unusable, sounds really bad. Every distorted profile is very nasal, overly and digitally distorted.

Like some kind of input or output filter is running away.

Calling customer service tomorrow.

Hi,

I noticed a harsh noise in all of my profiles too, must have happened since the latest update.

Don´t know for shure if the update is the cause, just chronological order.

I uploaded some recordings of a TopJimi DCAC Malcolm profile that sounds just wrong and rather horrible, which is not typical of these profiles.

I DO clip the input if I really dig in, but a) that never was a problem before, and b) no setting of clean and distortion sense makes it go away.
    Strange resonance, bad sounding distortion. Sounds broken.

I´m not shure if it´s getting worse, or if I am getting more tuned in to the problem. Getting worse would lead to a broken part moving out of spec.

System reset did not help.

Sounds are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/loy…KGvL5ZXrTwJGCdtwRCxa?dl=0

It´s not as evident on lower output PUs, but still there.

I´m on Version 7.4.1.171821 on a rack profiler.

It´s not: The cable, the soundcard, the guitar, I checked.