Posts by Laurens

I've had the RM crash on me today as well when turning off the Kemper. I usually turn off my PC before I turn off my Kemper, but today I did it the other way around. Instant crash. W10 64 bit.

I also often have the problem the other way around. If my Kemper is running and I launch RM, RM just freezes. Goes into (Not Responding) and I can't even hard quit the process in my task manager. I have to reboot to get rid of the frozen RM.

looks great - but be careful using pictures in the internet which were not made my yourself.

I'm pretty sure no one in the history of internet ever got sued over posting pictures on a forum to showcase something they just bought without claiming the rights to the picture.

the window does not need to stay on top of the other windows.

the window makes that clear by stating it is a beta version.

It was impossible for me to have another window on top of it, was what I meant. Can't replicate now, but I'll make sure to report back on the next update.

Wasn't sure about the beta version thing, but I thought I'd mention it either way. :)

The "Provide Rig Manager Feedback" option doesn't work for me. Just gives me a blank tab on Chrome.

I updated my Profiler using the Rig Manager for the first time and that pop-up window that you get from Rig Manager is always on the front, which I find annoying. I'm lucky to have a dual monitor set-up, so I can shove it in a corner, but it would be nice if it was possible to minimize that little window.

I'd have checking for beta updates checked off by default, by the way. I'm not too fond of beta software on my profiler for consistency reasons and I'd be pretty bummed if my Profiler updated to a beta version automatically even though I've never checked that option. Or make it very clear in the update window that it's a beta version.

For me, it's mostly about what matters in the situation. For recording, it's sound. For live playing it's playability, for me. For instance, I recorded an entire EP with a band on - at the time - my Gibson Les Paul. Sounded amazing for what we did and nothing we had available sounded better. It also weighed more than 5kg's and didn't play as nice as my SG does. So live, I used my SG and had my Les Paul as a backup just in case.

AFAIK apart from the low frequency compensation a while ago nothing has changed.
    The only difference is that people now understand better what the Profiler does.
    Playing through a real cab helped a great deal as well, especially for the more conservative Mr. Chapman. ;)

I'd say, in this case since they're using a cab (and they were in the older video), the DI profiling has made a huge difference.

Not saying they are being dishonest with their opinions but it seems like a big commercial. Taking a product you sell and making it seem as though it's the best thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong , I love my Kemper, but this is an advertisment to sell more Kempers at Andertons.Anyone who has a Kemper knows its shortcomings. Give Chappers a Kemper for a week, redo this test, the results might be different. IMHO

I have a hard time believing some of their stuff as well, but Lee Anderton has commented on this. Apparently, Rob doesn't even use the products before they shoot the video and sometimes doesn't even want to know anything about them. Lee, on the other hand, made the fair point that he wouldn't stock something if he didn't believe in it.

Also to be fair, they sell everything as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. They're a store and they want to sell in the first place and entertain in second place. If you have to believe everything they say, everyone would be playing Chapman guitars and Classic Vibe Strats. :")

Oh sorry, you are right, I referred to another video - where they actually profiled their own amps. In that video Chappers was doing the refinement playing during profiling and he was right 3 times out of 3. Here it comes...

To be fair, that video is 3 years old. Lots has changed with the Kemper since.

I'm really happy that they tried it out and were wrong. I remember Chappers saying no modeller ever came close to the real deal for him about a year ago and thought he'd have to play a Kemper again. Great showing for the Kemper in that test.

For some reason, it just fits me perfectly and had all the features I was looking for.

That's the thing, regardless of price. :thumbup:
    My experience tells me that it's mostly more expensive guitars that offer that, however. I can say the same thing about my CS Tele and I can say as much about my Mayones, which really is in a league of its own in my opinion.

I support the idea of not only playing the most expensive stuff (and I also own some very cheap guitars that simply work for me), but there's no denying that the quality of the Custom Shop stuff is on a different level either imo.

I have a Custom Shop Telecaster. It's great. The only Tele I've played that wasn't an old Fender or another 52 RI that remotely came close was a Suhr and it had a really different neck; making it more about difference in build than in quality.

I love mine because it's a 52 and has a huge neck and you don't find that on the Standard or Deluxe Fender Teles, or even the MIM ones.

There's a difference for sure. If I had boatloads of money to throw around, I'd have one with TT frets and an Evertune already, but I don't and I retune too often to warrant such a purchase.

Of course regular guitars intonate very well if they're well built and have a good set-up. On the other hand, Strandberg makes stuff that's so different yet feels so natural.

Read my post again. I said that if you open them up, they all look similar. Which I'd say, based on the several cabs I've had, is pretty true.

They sound different, not better or worse, in my opinion. Buying an expensive cab doesn't mean a cheaper one can't be as good if not better. I've had vintage cabs, handbuilt cabs, cheap cabs and everything in between. I liked some more than others. In the end, I kept what I liked best and it wasn't handbuilt and it wasn't expensive.

As I said, not a popular opinion. And if I had any recording gear and tons of cabs (which I don't), I'd dare anyone to try a blind test and tell me which is which. I doubt a lot of people would be able to tell. Also no need to talk down to me because my opinion differs strongly from yours.