Posts by ChrisMac

I'm putting this out there to the community and the developers at Kemper. I have not gone ahead and purchased a foot controller for my Kemper, because I purely use my Kemper for amp profile sounds and I very rarely have many effects on any of my profiles, those that are on the profiles are there for the length of each performance, I don't need to switch them off or on. I use my own stomp pedals for other effects with the Kemper and that's just purely how I like to run my set up.

I would love to see a Kemper amp foot controller come out that is about half the size of the current model. I would just like to be able to:

1. Tune up with the Kemper on board tuner (on foot pedal)
    2. Change amp profiles (Performance mode) and be able to see what amp I'm using on the display screen.
    3. Add a bit more gain (a "+2db boost switch" for the Gain knob on the Kemper would be very cool) without having to change profile.

I realise that there are other ways around this issue of course but I would like to have a Kemper for controller that was more like the size of a large stomp box that could be part of my existing pedal board rather than having to make a decision between taking my pedal board or the existing Kemper foot controller. Having both is just too much gear on stage.

Any other users thinking the same way?

Has anyone else come up with some good small midi pedals that work well for this kind of application?

Chris.

Ok, so like so many others using classic sounding amps with the kemper, the missing ingredient is a good spring reverb. I know this doesn't really deal with the use of the kemper in a live setting with a great reverb but it certainly provides a great option for recording and using a plug in that doesn't chew though heaps of memory usage.

I recently got Pro Tools and part of my purchase was a great spring reverb plug in called "Black Spring", its very simple to use, only has 3 knobs on it and here's a demo of me using it with my telecaster, going through a kemper power rack into Pro-Tools and using a Tone King "Falcon" profile I got from the amp factory.

anyway, here is a demo of what it sounds like with a typical reverb setting.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Michael, I have a few of your profiles and I really love them, great stuff. I am looking specifically for a couple more amps and wondering if you have any plans to profile them?

Tone King Falcon Grande (20watt) - this has 3 different output stages and would be an interesting amp to have profiles of from each of the output stages.
    Fender '57 tweed bandmaster (3x10 combo) - this is just a classic amp that I would love to have a few really good profiles of with different microphones.

Best regards,
    Chris.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Had a great time playing this one, this profile is from Michael Britt -it's a 3rd power amplifier profile. Great profile, very tasty sound that you can dig into a bit.

I used a 339 Gibson and a great backing track.

The Kemper Power rack with my gold top 1957 custom shop re-issue, playing with a backing track of Crossroads:

External Content www.youtube.com

I used a JCM800 profile for this.

The Kemper Power rack with my gold top 1957 custom shop re-issue, playing with a backing track of Crossroads:

External Content www.youtube.com

I used a JCM800 profile for this.

cheers guys, the strat fires up quite well with that profile. It's a maple neck too which adds a bit more bite. It took me about ten attempts at the solos to be happy with what I had as its a long piece and its hard not to be too repetitive but I'm happy with where I got to with it for now.

had a great time playing with the DR Z Wreck overdrive profile on this track.

Thanks to Cybertwin68 for the great profiles of this superb amp from Dr Z. I played all the way from start to finish of the track and just used my volume knob to go from clean to gain sounds. The backing track is easy to find on YouTube - look for La Grange backing track with vocals. I had to clean it up a little bit with a "de noise" plug in so it sounds a bit dodgy but the Kemper guitar track sounds great in my opinion. Loving the Kemper!