Posts by Josse

Hey cmbrowns,

thanks for the immediate reply! And thank you also for the simple and true hint. That did the trick! So easy, damn... But I wonder why that happened. Some rig assignments got lost and some didn't (which I recognised only after hitting the assignment page in the system menu).

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Hello,

just updated my Kemper (rack) from OS 6.0.0 to latest OS 7.3.2. I'm using FCB1010 with UnO for Kemper Eprom v 1.4.
    Switching banks or selecting rigs (lower switching row configurated for this) in Browser Mode does not work anymore! I'm not using Performance Mode, so no idea about that.
    Upper row switching of Stomp/FX, both pedals and triggering morph function with lower switches is working. MIDI cables checked (working fine so far) and also tested with changing connectors - no success.

Is UnO chip v1.4 not compatible with OS 7? Anybody else with this problem?

Explanation or solution is much appreciated, so thanks for your help in advance!

Josse

Hey traqq,

thank you, too! And while smart assing I almost forgot to say that I also like your excerpt a lot! Cool tone and playing!!

It's the good side of modern times that now those isolated tracks are available. It's such a valuable thing to pay attention to tiniest details of players like Brian. This is timeless music.

I think there is no emulation of ghosting in any modeler or the KPA because it's too unpredictable and random by nature. But I might be wrong of course. Sagging parameters are a good idea too approximate the feeling of a full blown amp a bit. But honestly, playing such amps with untamed volume is the real deal. It's such an organic thing that simply does inspiring things to your playing. Those guitarists of that 70ies era of amps established this and that's the downside of modern hi-gain amps - you might sacrifice that musical tone interaction with all this loudness control and lack of pure energy. So let's play loud again! I love my Kemper through a Matrix GT1000 through three 4x12 cabinets!

Cheers, Josse

Uups! Sorry for the empty post before...

In Brian May's track you can hear what is called "ghost noting" or "amp ghosting". If a tube amp has low filtering in the power supply/B+ rail and is fully cranked then rippling anode voltage at the power tubes produces inter-harmonic distortion, audible as overtones. AFAIK Brian uses the normal input of the AC30, max volume and max cut to get a saturated, overdriven sound which is also dark and muffled. Sort of cranked power amp tone. He then uses the treble booster after his guitar to feed the amp with a boosted but thin signal (due to the low cut effect of the booster unit). This results in the singing, harmonically rich sound that (I guess) most of us love! Not to mention Brian's very specail guitar with extraordinary woods, sustain and possible pickup-constellations together with his outstanding and unique phrasing...

Hope this helps, Josse

Hello Jesse,

excellent job - tone and playing are absolutely spot on imho!!

Since I'm an EVH aficionado since 1984 (year and album), I'm chasing this brown sound thingy constantly, so this came in the nick of time...

My question:

I own Top Jimi's "TJ-68_SuperLead" pack from 2014 and also "TopJimi-68SLead Pack" (2016) but unfortunately the exact profile "TJ-68 SLead Max-4" (date 2015-07-13 21:08:18) is not included in the latest version "68SLead Pack"!

Does anybody know where to find it? Is there an accurate substitute for it in the newest version of the pack?

THX in advance,

Josse