Posts by V8guitar

I have literally hardly touched a guitar in nearly a month due to tendonitis and neck/shoulder/elbow/wrist pain (I’m actually one finger typing this with an ice pack on my arm). It has been a pretty depressing month but I stumbled across this yesterday and found it massively inspirational.

Dude, so sorry to hear this. Take care, rest it ( resist the temptation to push it until healed) and get better soon!

Just to add on the does it sound any good? Its comparable to any other transpose pedal e.g Digitech Whammy. So its good but as mentioned you will get some artefacts e.g latency as the most obvious.

If used occasionally its perfectly good/acceptable.

However, I play semi tone down and 3 songs a tone down. I still take 2 guitars because it still worth it for for 3 songs. If it was 1 or 2 I'd use transpose but its personaly taste.

Have a play!

My comments:

1) I think there are a few SRV profiles out there with fender and TS included so I would not spend too long trying to modify endlessly 1 profile. If its not working, look elsewhere

2) FRFR will always sound different to cabs. How you monitor is night and day..I use a Kab as I play 99% time live and love it.

3) Volume makes a massive difference for tubes more so than solid state as you are not overdriving the power stage. Trying to emulate the power stage overdrive with boosters I can;t see will work. Volume for solid sate will be more impacted by speakers and Fletcher-munson effect

4) Profile your mates amp but remember that you will be capturing his recorded sound not the amp in the room sound

5) Much of that sound is in the attack i.e the fingers :)

Good luck dude, sure you'll get there.

. I would imagine some of you have broken a string at a gig and needed to switch guitars mid-song, only to find the guitar you grab you need to tweak your tone knobs a bit [p90s, hb's, single pups, etc] -

Yeah although that's a "emergency" situation so I'd expect some compromise.

You only have a few options as already expressed:

1) performances focused around a particular guitar. I run a Les Paul and Gretsch White Falcon. Very different sounds, so I have a performance based around that and the songs I use with that guitar. You could just copy a performance 3 times and tweak in case you switch guitar ??

2) Use EQ (either pedal or manual twiddle)

3) Have morph changes preset ( gain, tone etc.) but this would require some real advanced set up. Not sure this is much advantage over a pedal except you could change gain and other parameters as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My kids love this....first solo by Bumblefoot....

Okay after another rehearsal I will have to agree that the Headrush is loud enough. We are a loud band, but I was somewhat reluctant to push it too hard my first time using it. But I gave it more volume this time and it does indeed get plenty loud. Sorry for the fire drill,

Thats ok dude, but I also play in loud bands ( at times its been painful) but you should have plenty of headroom. Just check the level you are sending to the headrush as well :)

...and check eq....there is a difference between volume and "cut"....don't just try to power through with a very thick sound.

A guitar sound that sounds great on its own can easily get lost in the mix...

I'm not what I'd call a gear-whore, but I've certainly bought and sold my share of gear over the years.

The longer I've had my Kemper, the more satisfied I've become. Pretty sure that's the first time that's ever happened.

Me too!

Try larger buffer in Ableton (is it set to 32 samples?).

I will check. I wasn't going to mess with buffers etc because it seemed its drag on resources was significantly higher..I could get it to work, but as its only a trial version, may not bother...

Given all the conversations on the QC, I decided to try a Neural plug-in ( Nolly)....

So after a bit of hassle with ilok etc ( which nearly pushed me to give up ), installed...great. Loaded up Ableton....

Played a few amps, sounded ok...not amazing but equiv to Amplitube....had a quick play with reverb and then.....yuk...digital clipping in the extreme. I then realised my CPU was maxing out....switch off the reverb and still there....then caused Ableton to crash.

Reloaded, same outcome. With just the amp sim, was using 90% CPU, Amplitube uses about 5%....

Anyone else get this? My PC isn;t a low spec PC although I'll go and check the minimum spec...

Any comments and advice?

I play almost exclusively live as a hobbyist ( i.e. I have another job to pay the bills).

I also do a bit of home recording for fun but don;t use my KPA purely because of the hassle of getting it out,. I just use Amplitube ( which isn't great but good enough)...

I would also keep trying different profiles. Tweak a bit but if you are not feeling it, move on.

Also be aware, the sound in the room is very different to miked sound. However, if you get a good miked sound from your Vox, the Kemper sound get a very close profile. Don't forget to refine :)

I can;t answer on the headrush directly but you would assume additional wattage will of course be better. I do question your volume or output though as I suspect 2000 watts is pretty loud....

With regards to stereo....I personally don't rate it for a couple of reasons:

1) "wider" is not necessarily better. A tighter sound generally will cut better

2) Its then tempting to make all effects wide and stereo because you have that set up, quickly losing your core sound.

3) More hassle to set up and balance.

4) Ping pong delays are irritating and not big or clever :)

For me no point having stereo monitor if it doesn't go out FOH.

The only caveat to that is if you have a very "ethereal" which require swooshing spacey effects. For a good rock sound, I'd stay mono.

Im in Derbyshire and rehearse in Leicester....I have been running a power rack and remote for about 6 years now ;)

I would agree...you are likely to get more variation from the room and speakers used from a PA than the desk pre amps.

FRFR is not for everyone. We are used to a valve amp at full tilt, blissfully unaware that this is NOT the sound FOH. Naturally we often find FRFR odd.

I don't believe the answer to any of the issues people quote are to use a valve amp to "warm" everything up.