Posts by V8guitar

Sorry if I missed any annoucement but two new names have appeared both marked as beginners BUT were thanked by GString for their efforts in getting the editor out and are helping people fix their issues.

Therefore I assume they are part of the Kemper development team and relatively new...

So on that assumption, I just wanted to say..

Welcome gconrads and kriwat !!^^

My views:

Well set up guitar ( which includes strings)

Good signal chain ( leads, buffers vs bypass if using external effects etc.)

Choose amps you already like and know - I have foudn I graviate to sounds I'm used to. I sold my ENGL to get a KPA using ENGL profiles ( yeah daft I know).

Test your sounds at full volume, with a band and via FRFR if going FOH. In other words closely mimic the live set up (if for live).

Care less about your tone - sound is important but 90% of our sound is from our hands and the only people in the audience really listening to your guitar tone are other guitarists...who won't like what you play regardless. Plus your ears/perception change constantly, even if you sound stays consistent

Avoid analysis paralysis - don't search for sonic nirvana, it leads to endless disappointment. Settle for 90%..

I rarely use eq, as said by others I tend to go for a good sounding profile and stick with it.

The windows 7 debate is pointless I'm afraid.

I know its frustrating for those still on windows 7. I ran XP for years before upgrading, but as most will know, there are only so many OS's you can account for.

Its sensible for Kemper to have an N-1 approach ( windows 8) and not go any further due to resources and cost etc. I sympathise and I'm not a fan of the constant need to upgrade but it is the way of software and there is virtually no way of avoiding it.

Yes of course, but a beta version of the Rig Manager might also unintentionally change stuff in rigs / performances etc. as part of a bug or something like that. Anyway, good to hear that's not the case so far!

True although my first concern is crashes ( which is catastrophic), then parameters ( which is annoying)...Also I've not really hit it hard, first gig on Friday...

Does anybody have any issues regarding stability? I'd love to check the editor since I've been longing for it for so long, but I have a few important gigs coming up these weeks and I can't afford anything to crash

Obviously its the KPA upgrade that you need to be worried about. So far I've had no issues although not gigged it yet. I've taken the risk, but there is a risk as its beta..

Not had much time to play with it so far so sorry if this is covered elsewhere..

Couple of questions/possible improvements:

Can you copy an effect from one rig to another ( tried using Ctr C and V but didn;t seem to work? This would be way easier than naming a preset or locking...

When setting up a slot in performance mode, can you assign the effects to a particular button on the remote? I assume not? It would be great if you could so it can all be set up without the remote connected..

SliderJeff

Uploaded 5 rgs on the exchange:

Laney Clean

Laney Crunch

Laney Gainey

Laney Gainey2

Laney Gainey3

All under the author Guy. For some reason some have a rotary effect ( I think I was still playing around iwith it at the time) so take them off. Let me know what you think..

I would agree, its just a shame that things got so negative....

"they promised a release in Summer"

"Why does a £2000 piece of equipment not have an editor"

" I only bought my stage because an editor was promised",

"We won;t see it until Summer Namm".....

I'm sure people still feel these words are true but hopefully that can all be put to bed.

Now, when can I have the Acoustic Sim ;)

One thing - I followed the instructions (latest software via USB and then installed Rig Manager). Reboots, cable fiddles etc did not help me - the Kemper worked, and I could see my local library but the Kemper just would not talk to the PC. I unistalled Rig Manager and re-installed. It then worked without any further problems. Thought I'd share in case this helps someone else.

Same thing happened to me.

Chaps Im still struggling:

Installed 7.1.7

installed rig manager 3.

Latest version of Windows 10

Both loaded up, no errors but can't see each other. Changed cables and get a windows noise when cable is removed or added so I don't think its hardware. Anyone else got this?

I upgraded from OS 5.x so not sure if thats the issue??

Gonna try to reverse and maybe re-intsall.

Chaps Im still struggling

Installed 7.1.7

installed rig manager 3./

Both load up, no errors but can't see each other. Changed cables and get a windows noise when cable is removed or added so I don't think its hardware. Anyone else got this?

SAY THANKS!

Guys, I want you all to raise a glass tonight to Timo, Arne, Oskar, Georg and Jan. Without them, Rig Manager 3 wouldn't finally be here.

Best, GS

Thaks to you all. I've not loaded it yet but going to give it a go today I think!

You guys have taken a lot of moaning and negative comments from the community but take that as pure passion for the product.

Have a great christmas! OD's to work on next :)

Played for 50 years- took lessons from "Jeanie Foster" starting in 1969. Fundamentals. Get those down 1st so that you don't have to retrain your finger memory later (yes, your fingers have a mind of their own). Whether you get a teacher for those or learn on yer own, get the basic fundamentals down 1st. Find them- get them-learn them. Then, play every day. In about 20 years (flies by fast) you will be a good picker. ^^

Its funny when you don;t know people and you imagine their age etc from just their posts...

I thought you was a youngster - and that's meant to be a compliment BTW :)

Nevertheless, kemper does NEED an editor, because all the competion has one.

The KPA does not NEED an editor. I have used mine without for over 5 years and so have many other users....BUT ( and given I was one of those asking for one), it would be better with one, for both practical and marketing purposes. No one is denying the demand, it just doesn't stop me playing the thing..

So can we stop the debate on that as its been had so many times on this thread already.