Posts by V8guitar

I don't see much disrespect, only people excited for an editor that frankly is years overdue, a huge oversight.

I don't think its years overdue. I've used my KPA effectively without an editor for 5 years. They have focussed on other things seen as a priority and to be honest I think they got it right.

To be clear I really want an editor and I wasn't bothered about reverbs BUT I repect that direction of travel as many other people needed those verbs.

Should the KPA have been delayed in its released so it ships with an editor? Nah. Happy I have had the fun I've had.

The editor is a valuable edition ( see what I did there) but not a show stopper.

The froth is mainly becuase we know its coming...for that I am really excited!

I don't know what controlling the triggers has to do with it?

Sorry I should have explained better...simply I like to have the device near me so putting it next to the FOH mixer ( which I know its really what Zappledan meant) isn;t really an option. I can have a DI box next to me but just plugging in the MP3 into the KPA all through the same XLR output is the benefit..

I think you have 2 options:

1) Its good to use the amps you have been happy with but there are thousands of profiles out there. Personally I don;t use drive pedals at all, I use an amp profile with higher gain e.g. ENGL or Boogie

2) Tweak the current profiles - add more gain or compression for more sustain..

In particular I would look at a dedicated lead sound. You didn't say what your original amps were?

Other factors that will impact sustain - check you input level into the Orange is decent to ensure you are getting good sustain and that the noise gate is not set too high.

New owner here of the Kemper Profiler and I cannot wait for this editor release. I am legally blind ( have very little sight left ) and being able to edit on my large monitor would be soooo much easier for me. The screen on the Kemper for me is just to impossible to see so i have just been enjoying the preset profiles that come loaded.

Fingers crossed that it releases soon!

I think you have more reason than most for the editor. I feel a little humbled!

The pedals in front of the amp are not purely for gain reasons. Also for shaping the sound. I highly recommend Rhett Shulls Youtube channel he has a video on stacking pedals in front of a clean or slightly distorted amp. And many many heavy sounds have a tubescreamer with the gain set to 0 in front just to sharpen the sound or channel it into a certain direction.

I have to declare I'm not a pedal guy. I never got the tube screemer adding eg etc...use an eq pedal :).

I know I'm over simplifying it here, I just struggle with the sound shaping concept. The KPA has comprehensive eq's etc so maybe I'm missing what this additional magic is.

The Helix is a top device, my mate has one and it sounds great. I guess my point is why do you need two amazing devices to combine in an almost limitless number of variations - sounds like a sonic nightmare.

Might you, I'm a " minor tweaks and go" type of player.. I think guitarists fit into 2 camps, those searching for sonic nirvana and can quote the frequency range that needs changing to get their sound or those who don;t really know what to use mid for ( me!).

I'll check the youtube channel as I might learn something :)

While you're waiting try out a new Engl Fireball profile, Indian Furball Rage 1, on the Rig Exchange maybe. :S

Are you suggesting this is a good one, where on earth did it come from :)?

As an ENGL fan I might just have to check that out...nice one Nightlight!

I have been down the IR route with the Kemper and personally I found it a rabbit warren. I bought some IR's but never used them - they sounded different but not necessarily better, so I chalked it up to unnecessary additional complexity.

The profiling process captures the cab response and so the need is "less" I would suggest that other digital equipment - but you can do it.

Put simply:

You have the powered toaster, so the red output is the "normal" output from a guitar amp and will run a speaker. The other outputs are line outputs ( not powered).

So, plug your guitar cab into the red speaker output using a speaker lead ( the one you have cross out). Then take a main out to whatever you are using to record. Do not use any of the other outputs into non- amplified speakers.

For what you want to do, then switch cab sim off and the cab sim will remain on for main out and off for the guitar cab.

yes you can either apply it to a rig or as a stomp, and morph if needed like a whammy ( works really well for Killing in the name of.. etc.).

I think its fine for the occasional song and its better than the Helix drop effect ( I believe) and as good as a drop pedal...but all drop effects suffer from :

latency

"other" tracking artifacts

I think its good enough although because we play a few songs in D, I carry a second guitar as that is preferable.

I did use to play in a band with multiple tunings and I balanced that across 2 guitars and re-learnt some songs in a different tuning to minimise the number of songs "dropped", so it just requires a bit more planning.

BTW I agree to try and play the songs in the same recorded key, some songs just sound odd in a different key. Motley crue sounds wrong in anything other than D.

I'm still struggling with this...I want to play mp3's through my Kemper to FOH for intro music to some songs. I'm using an old phone with a mini sampler for this.

I can of course do this directly via a DI box but it would be so easy to utilise the connection from the main outs.

I've managed to get it working but the volume/gain is very low compared to my guitar sound. I assume if I lower my outputs and increase the db I send to the desk ( which is about -20db) then this will help? Is there any other way without having to reset all of my volumes again ??

Does anyone else use this?

Great points guys. It seems to say a lot that Kemper doesn’t keep rehashing this amazing product like most companies. This is turning into a great learning experience.

I look at it this way...if my amp was stolen, what would I buy to replace it.

For me, no question, another Kemper. I have never been in this situation before, I was always searching for something better. I have not changed in 5 years now.

Helix and Ax are great devices with slight differences in empahsis. My view is the the KPA is the most simialr to a regular amp i set up, layout and built in power amp.

Bought the toaster. My only concern or negative thought is the idea of 2012 technology. Maybe there is a different way I should view that?

Valve amps are 1950's tech but still grace the stages and studios of the best..

Yeah I get the concern but it still hangs with the best out there. Is the sound out dated? Nah.

For me all I see with "newer" tech is more effects and prettier interfaces.