Posts by V8guitar

The Ace Frehley is awesome. But on the other hand, the silver jubilee is one of my favourites right now...

If we can make requests for Pack 3 i would love to hear some more punk stuff. Melodic punk (Bad Religion, AFI and more), brit punk (Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzckocks) and maybe some hardcore stuff (Fugazi, Refused) . That would be great!

...making use of the Kemper Fuzz....good call!

I try to equate much of this to a regular amp - not always correct but usually pretty close.

Increased volume/input at pre amp stage will give modest volume but also increase gain. To increase volume only it should be at the power stage.

Non master volume amps can;t separate the pre and post, hence had to be cranked to get decent gain....hence the master volume revolution.

My understanding is increasing the amp volume or putting a drive pedal in front of the amp or in the first 4 slots behaves as a normal amp putting it in the pre amp stage. therefore if you want to push the amp then this is how to do it.

Master volume is rig volume.

Now the KPA doesn't behave exactly like this I don;t believe ( I don;t use drive pedals etc.) but similar.

Not sure if I've answered any of your question there :)

...you can tell from my post that I love my Kabinet, having gigged with it for the last 6 months - I'd never go back to a guitar cab.

Each to their own...

Have you checked the profile itself? What I mean is that guitar cabs add so much "colour" that they cover up profiles...in fact they smooth so much out.

When I changed from a guitar cab ( ironically with V30's in but the same is true with all regular speakers) to FRFR, I had to ditch all my profiles because they had been tweaked to sound brighter to overcome the cab.

Second thing to check is ensure you are playing at volume.

Finally, is that such a bad thing in a band context? Make sure you run with the band rather than on your own.

In principle this should work and many people do this. Couple of comments/as above:

1) What volume are you boosting/morphing? Use rig volume as its overall volume - when you say "appropriate place in the chain" it should be post effects, hence morphing Rig volume will do this

2) Check your linked volumes - sometimes that does strange things - unlikely but worth a check

3) Persoanlly I avoid using an expression pedal for boosting. This is because I never use the in between volume, for me its either boost on or off. Therefore I use morph as a switch.

I have an affinity for the original 80's Kramers and have collected a few over the years. I couldn't pass this one up. I've never seen another Baretta in Harvest Yellow. Plays and sounds great if you like this style of instrument. My favorite guitar is always a good Les Paul but it's fun to play these also. Screams 80's metal!s

Terrible built quality..... that pickup is definitely wonky - JOKE!

As I play in an 80's hair metal band, I love this!!!!

Don;t really like the music but the technique is shocking..

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Different users with different needs.

I tried the Neural stuff...wasn;t impressed sound wise, crashed my computer etc.

Also I use my 90% for live so a plugin is of little practical use. plus I have way more flex with the KPA so comparing the 2 depends on intended use as well.

The point here is, there is no single perfect answer. On most digital equipment you have invest some time and cost - I think my mate spends more time fiddling with his Helix than I do my Kemper but there are other reasons ( he is very picky about his sound etc). The point here is it should be relatively quick to get really good sounds.

You are either not feeling it or missing something in the overall set up.

Anyway, go with what makes you happy.....

Few artists have ever matched the expressiveness of Gary Moore's playing. Clapton? Prince? Gary Moore: "hold my beer".

I agree totally. I've never got the whole "prince is an amazing guitarist" bit. Gary is the man......but I love this version from Steve Lukather.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What I like is its not particularly technical but the phrasing and sound is sublime!

In simple terms for the OP and having been round this a few times myself:

1) Kemper will never be able to do it because without string separation through something like the Roland system, you cannot identify the E string. This is the same for dedicated effects like Digitech Drop pedal and Morpheus

2) For guitars with a trem - the only option is an EVH D Tuna BUT does not work on floyd and not floating, just push down.

3) Non trem, Pitch key is brilliant and other options out there. If you look closely at my Avatar, you will see a pitch key ;)

Yes, you have a point there. My stereo ENGLE cab can indeed set to mono.

But I have more cabs so I can create room between them. In my pre Powerhead life I did this a long time ago with 2 Mesa Boogie cabs and one of the speaker cables out of phase. Sounded amazing in stereo.

Anway, I have more possibilities with such a stereo power amp and my other stuff besides my Powerhead, like my Boss GT100...

Each to their own.

I have also previous run stereo in my ADA/Quadraverb days, with ping pong delays and enormous sound...which then promptly disappeared once the band joined in..

I swapped it out for a Laney GH100L, no reverb let alone effects.....cut through like a razor.

I have no doubt stereo can sound great and cut within a band context, but I would just consider:

1) What is the point of a Powerhead if you want to run stereo? So you could sell and just get a Stage. I have a Powerhead because of the power amp.

2) This is monitor only. You FOH can still be stereo. Yes, we all want to hear the best sound on stage but does it need to be exact

3) You bring in another variable. If valve, this will not come out in FOH, defeating point 2

4) Extra set up time, cabling, cost etc

5) You mentioned you did stereo across 2 cabs before, this is different than within one cab where the separation is inches. Separate cabs allow you to get better separation and therefore stereo.

I have no doubt someone is using a tube preamp, claiming to adds missing warmth.

To me defeats to objective.

Using pedals though is a different kettle of fish and many people like to add their pedals. Personally I've always used tube amp gain/distortion/drive so have no need for them.

As a result, DonPetersen 's comment is very powerful....if you liked pedals with valve amps, you are likely to like them with the KPA.