Posts by Noyan

On my Orville-SG I'm using passive "Motown-PUs", which drive the Input-LED into totally red.
    I needed to change CleanSens to -4,3 and DistSens to -3,6 to avoid input-clipping, but now the overallvolume is pretty low, so I have to create extra-Rigs for my Orville to compensate this. Additionally the sound is a bit mushy.
    Are there recommendations for different solutions ?
    Am I doin wrong ?
    Should I ignore the Input-LED and concentrate on Output-clipping ?

Any help would be appreciated

Try lowering your PU's height.

No problems via RM. I always unrar first then drag'n drop.

I'm agree with Tom. "FX" profiles are kinda gift. My favs are the bright ones of DPA/M160/MXL.

Andy, great work again, thanks. And I think focusing on one amp with this style of packing is a nice move. Keep up! :thumbup:

Anybody tried the Moog ep-3? Trying to locate the ohmage, but it's metal, robust, well price, good reviews.....but does it work with the Kemper?

I just got one today. So far so good with my KPA. And the ohm value is 50k. The best values for KPA are between 50k - 100k.

LOL :P

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But, I will tell something about Andy and his service against ( SOME OF ) us BUYERS.
    The story begins like this;
    I bought Marshall Pack and Friedman amps (BROWN EYE And Dirty Shirley ) and by mistake i clicked/order ( two of BROWN EYE ) of course I wanted to order only ONE. So I wrote an email to Mr Andy and asked for him to change one of my order of BROWN EYE to something else.
    Andy NEVER ANSWERED MY EMAIL AND MY WISH....... And then i thought whatever, this must be good stuff `cause I heard so much about Andy´s profiles, but I was wrong. To be honest I think his profiles (I bought) AND service sucks . As a buyer I have all rights to express myself, what do you think about that? Is this wrong `cause I spent my money on this and I want to be satisfied customer.
    I wrote this stuff on your wall (guentermouse, I`m little sorry for that) for a REVANGE to make Andy feel how I FELT. X(X(X(X(X(

P.S. Guentermouse and Vesmedic Suicide /dear friends to Andy tried to quiet down everything and make me go away. but I think we have every right in the world to express ourselves how the hell we want.There should not be only two guitarists here on the forum that will determine and punish everyone.I HAVE RIGHT TO SAY ..

Hey Kempafun!

While searching the forum for "Superlead" this thread came up. I watched your video 2nd one doesn't exist anymore. Really nice profiles. I do love to play TopJimi's some of Marshall profiles. Especially '74 Superlead and '68 Superlead. :thumbup:

However, I am disagree about your opinion about Andy. I have 732 profiles that I purchased in my system. 646 out of 732 are Andy's profiles. Most of them sound very good with my guitar / style. So, if they were "suck" as you mentioned, many people like me wouldn't keep buying from TAF, right? Maybe you need to tweak before un-liking them.. I always like Andy's profiles and never felt regret after purchasing. Of course, there are lots of good "Profilers" like TopJimi, M. Britt, Michael Wagener etc. There's no war here, keep buying which ever profile you like. But, it's not good to complain about them with this behavior . As I said, I recommend you to work on profiles before and after purchasing.

In addition, I bought a bundle last week from TAF which I already have.. Because I bought my KPA from a friend who has bought some profiles before. I realized that when dragging them in to my Purchased folder in RIG MANAGER. It gave a message "0 Rigs have been imported because they're already present in your database". I wrote an e-mail to Andy if anything can be done (and never contacted before). He replied and solved. :thumbup:

Nearly same situation and wish like yours. The "language" is important. Maybe he didn't saw your mail first or didtn't get it, but after your attitude maybe he prefered to ignore you. No offense, don't get me wrong, about Andy or TAF profiles, the truth is not like you see.

P.S. I am a sound engineer. In my opinion, TAF profiles are like kind of "mastered'' than the other profiles I played.

It would be nice having keyboard shortcuts in the Rig Manager for it's basic features like rating, marking as favorite etc. I know there are some shortcuts which appear with right clicking on a rig, I think these should be extended for all RM's features.

Enjoy :thumbup:

I was using Fender Lace Sensors (Gold) before replacing them with EMG's and they were as close high as I desired just like Fender recommendation.

http://www.fender.com/en-TR/su…stratocaster-setup-guide/

This is from Fender's site:

PICKUPS
    Set too high, pickups can cause myriad inexplicable phenomena. Depress all the strings at the last fret. Using a 6" (150 mm) ruler, measure the distance from the bottom of the first and sixth strings to the top of the pole piece. A good rule of thumb is that the distance should be greatest at the sixth-string neck pickup position, and closest at the first-string bridge pickup position. Follow the measurement guidelines in the chart below as starting points. The distance will vary according to the amount of magnetic pull from the pickup.

Bass Side Treble Side
    Texas Specials 8/64" (3.2 mm) 6/64" (2.4 mm)
    Vintage style 6/64" (2.4 mm) 5/64" (2 mm)
    Noiseless™ Series 8/64" (3.2 mm) 6/64" (2.4 mm)
    Standard Single-Coil 5/64" (2 mm) 4/64" (1.6 mm)
    Humbuckers 4/64" (1.6 mm) 4/64" (1.6 mm)
    Lace Sensors As close as desired (allowing for string vibration)

I will try your suggestions. My guitar is quite quiet. It is Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Players with Vintego Noiseless Pickups. I have to bring the Clean Sens up to + few dB really.

I am also playing Stratocaster. '89 Clapton and EMG DG20 PUPs. If you think your guitar way too quiet, increasing the pickup's height would help.

My Clean & Dist. Sense are -5.0 dB both. I like setting my PUPs just a little high (but not too high) because I like "meaty" tones. And my output settings are @ -6 dB on KPA and locked. I am very happy with these values at the studio or on stage.