Posts by Naga

Guys I have a favor to ask you… I'm not registered on the KPA forums, however I see that someone is sharing the profiles I made in the "commercial profiles" section. These profiles were never meant to be distributed, only a selected few have them and has been asked to not distribute them… Can someone ask "dpavel" to remove them ? Thanks !

This is from Thibaut on the KPA Fb page.

Dpavel : NOT COOL.

Dear Toneclone,
    I've just tried this awesome profile you made.

First and foremost, this is absolutely BRILLIANT!

This profile is so well-thought, so balanced, it has instantly become one of my favorite. I usually browse among 15ish profiles each week for professional purpose, and yours is hands down one of the best.

Congratulations! If you ever happen to profile some more amps, consider me as one of your early adopters!

Goodness, wtf happened to this forum when i was away? This rookie with 12 posts asks kindly a serious question.
    And you are stealing his thread and make all kinds of nasty nonsense with it! Shame on you!
    what will this poor fellow think of us?

errh,…

I believe someone, one day will dig deep in this forum, find this thread, and will realize he owns these kind of amps, will profile and share them.
    For the nasty nonsenses, I would buy any pack called "Nasty Nurse" :)

Hi, I've played with them and I must say they are becoming my most beloved !!! excellent profiling !
    If you can profile any other set, I'll be more than happy to test them intensively for you.

Thank you for that good work !

To your knowledge, fellow bass players, do you know if these amp profiles are available somewhere, free or not ?

- Trace Eliott
    - Genz Benz
    - SWR
    - TC Electronics
    - Glokenklang
    - Jule (Monique)
    - Epifani
    - Carvin
    - Peavey
    - Hartke

I'd be more than interested to try these :)

I had the exact same problem and that solution fixed it. Thanks !

Hi Naga,

Welcome here :)

Just out of curiosity, what about the Profiler's response on the heaviest string?
    (And, BTW, what is it?)
    :)

Thanks !
    The profiler applies a low and high shelf which is very clear when comparing A/B with the source amp and a spectrometer.
    I've tested several configurations, and I've obtained a stupidly good result with high end instrument with fanned frets system.
    I've noticed that a somewhat muddy low B on an average bass guitar won't get any better on the KPA, but a good instruments shines without any problem.

For my recordings, I've also noted an important difference in quality with SPDIF. My soundcard is a RME Babyface.

As far as my experimentations go, a lot of presets available on the rig exchange as well as on commercial websites are way too noisy for a good studio work. I focus myself on silent presets and have found very good ones so far.
    I'm experimenting at the moment the parallel path and the EQ stomp to sculpt the mids.

I've never ever been so excited with a piece of equipment.

Hello, I'm a 6 strings bass player and have just purchased a powered rack KPA. The 2.5 OS brings most of the features I was waiting for and it is a true pleasure to use such a well-designed device which unlocks my creativity.
    Thanks to Christoph and his team, I feel this may be one of the best purchases I've ever made.

I will test intensively the presets and features people have worked hard to bring to life, and I will contribute myself with some profiles that I hope will be top-notch.