Posts by Allenhuish

I don't know of a device like that. You're talking about doing two different things: converting a speaker-level output to a much lower level analog signal that can be passed to another electronic device; and the converting that to digital and sending that via USB. I'm not an expert on every device out there, but I think you'll have to do something similar to what they CABM manual suggests: put a speaker load box of some kind after your amp to get a usable analog signal, and then feed that to another device to convert that to digital.

Thanks. Yes, you don't need a load box, you can just connect to the speaker in the amp. The cabm will do it by using a small usb audio interface. I am just trying to avoid having 2 boxes.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a device that I can connect to the speaker output of my tube amp that will then send the audio to a USB audio out?

Of course it will need either a big pad or a speaker thru connection to handle the load.

I have a two notes cabm which does it, but does not have USB audio out. The other two notes devices are the same.

Any ideas?

Allen

Hats off to Kemper. This is pretty good for original kemper owners. If they brought out Kemper 2.0 then used values would have plummeted.

This way a used full fat kemper for about £1k looks okay value considering you get twice the effects slots and the capability to profile (plus a screen blah blah)

Also, maybe take the DAW out of the test.

Just take the signal from the analog input of your mixer into the spdif and see how you go from there. I find every time I use a DAW it takes me 5 minutes of knob twiddling to hear anything because of some setting or other (!)

Hi there,

this isn't a question, more of a public service bit of information.

I am using the SPDIF of the kemper to play my guitar through it with no problems.

Here's why I am doing it.

I have my kemper set up on my desk next to my computer with an RME fireface UCXII as an audio interface.

I also use a Boss wireless transmitter to connect my guitar to the front input of the fireface as I sometimes use plugins on the computer.

Anyway, I was thinking of ways of reducing the number of cables in my setup and realised that I could just send the analog input of the fireface out through the spdif and into the kemper.

This means that my wireless cable can be permanently attached whether I'm using plugins or the kemper and I have also got rid of the audio cables from the back of the kemper to the audio interface - everything goes through spdif.

I don't notice any latency and the audio is totally normal.

As a side effect I found it really easy to set up my kemper kabinet into a w/d/w rig using my desktop monitors for the wet. Beautiful tones!

I hope that helps someone.

This amp is trying to be a modern kemper style solution but with all analog signal path and digital control. I'm not sure that it quite does that, but it's a good amp overall.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I did a video walkthrough of the different delay algorithms. No comparison to the Kemper (yet), but thought some people on this forum might be interested to see it.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've just got one and it's definitely weird.

Only really interesting to those of you who have a HX stomp or Quad Cortex (probably quite a few of us?).

The Cioks Crux lets you power a high current multi effect from one outlet and tidies up your power supply.

This behavior began when they introduced the morph-pedal slider in RM. A parameter would morph when the pedal was hooked up in the toe position as paults comment. Drove me nuts for a few days until I right-clicked to "remove morph". Then I just moved the morph slider in RM to heel (red). If you leave the slider like this to the left (regardless of the actual position of the foot pedal) it while not create a morph until you reset the foot pedal with your foot.

Thank you. I will try tomorrow. That will be great if it works.

If you have a Morph pedal, and it is not fully in the heel position, adjusting parameters would create Morph settings.

This would also happen if you have a footswitch or Remote Rig/Performance Slot switch in Morph position.

Thank you. Interesting. I think this could be the cause. I do have a morph pedal under my desk and it isn't always in heel position. I will test it.

Is there any way to turn this behaviour off?

Every time I turn a knob on my toaster or adjust a setting on the editor it sets up a morph.

I don't want it to do that, but I can't find a setting on the system pages to turn it off.

What can I do?

On latest beta OS, but has been doing this for the last few updates and I would now really like to fix it. Thank you!

I just did a video sharing the learning from my research into using headphones with the Kemper.

I did another video of the same pedal.

This time with the Future Factory doing digital modulated delay.