Posts by Allenhuish

I have recently got the remote and bought an expression pedal to go with it.

I had already read about the ability to set the expression to be volume when not using wah and then be used for wah, but what I didn't realise is that even when the wah is not engaged the volume feature is not automatically used.

In other words, if a rig does not have a wah in the effects section the pedal works as volume, but when the rig has a wah in the effects section EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT ON then the expression only works for wah and not for volume.

That doesn't sound right to me and not as I expected it to work.

Can somebody clarify for me please. I tried searching, but you have to use at least 4 characters for the search and 'wah' is 3(!)

Thanks. Will do.

In general I'm a home player, playing for my own pleasure. The artist/song list would give me some inspiration for pieces to learn or just jam. Otherwise I always like listening/looking for the perfect SRV tone. (And there isn't just one)

Look up a guy called Pete (OKStrat) - send him a message/PM, as he does tonematching from famous recordings with the Kemper..he has done quite a few now. so you might want to hook up with him and ask what it is you need/want, and he may already have it or plan to do it.

Somebody had to do it!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have had a search through the forum, but haven't found it.

Is there a place where there is a list of rigs along with their associated song/artist?

On the rig exchange I've seen a few by gundy keller and a couple by bill ruppert (slightly cryptic naming occasionally) and these are great, but is there a list somewhere.

I think for example I'm suggesting something along the lines of Artist and/or Song and/or Part of Song.

My feeling is that if this was going to work it would need a wiki or online database of some kind, but firstly does anyone know what is out there already?

Thanks!

I made a video of the hanwell vs a real amp

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, I bought my THR for about £220 when they first came out.

The full retail on the hanwell is about £5-600, but I got mine in an online blowout for £250.

The Hanwell only has one input and is 'just' an amplified speaker. The THR does a huge amount more and is great in its own right...but the Hanwell is hugely louder without a doubt.

Very good point.

I'm going to try to set up a shootout with the amps I have on hand here.

Tone King Imperial
    Princeton Reissue
    Yamaha THR-10 (with and without kemper)
    Marshall Hanwell

I already know that the hanwell blows the THR out of the water for bass and volume.

Hi all,

I am still on the quest for my perfect kemper amplification solution. My needs are that I want something for home. Not too big, but big enough to be loud (no neighbours). I am currently using the Yamaha THR-10 which is pretty good to be honest, but not quite loud enough so I easily get it to distort. I also feel like I'm missing some bottom end oomph. In general I will be sitting about a metre or 2 away so I'm not worried about stereo imaging.

Anyway, I have done a comparison table on google sheets of the ones that I have seen on the internet and shortlisted. It is a bit of strange mix of sizes and target markets, but I think I have picked up on the most suitable products. If you have anything to add in please let me know. My main problem is that it is going to be hard to listen to these in person, much less find them all in the same place so that a back to back comparison can be done.

Google sheets link here

Unfortunately this forum doesn't accept embedded html so I can't show it directly here (please follow the link above), but the list of amps is as follows: (feel free to suggest other relevant ones)

Audio Pro Allroom
    Blueamps 3
    IK iLoud
    Marshall Hanwell
    Marshall Woburn
    Mission Gemini 2
    Monitor Audio s300
    Roland AC-90
    Thodio iBox XC
    Yamaha THR-10

Edit: from namm 2015 Ashdown BSocial

Okay, I've just got this all working.

Midi designer pro is on offer today. only $4.99 so I bought it.

This template works great on my ipad. Thank you very much. I tried to open it on my phone, but it turns into a jumbled mess.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. What does 'Double tap' mean below the stomps?
    2. What are the grid of numbers from 1 - 48?

I'm going to have a look at the tutorial as there are quite a lot of features missing from my point of view. I think the main application of this app is to allow you to tweak settings more comfortably than from the front panel (i.e. you don't have to reach over and/or the settings are hidden).

I think I would like it to do
    - headphone volume
    - 'volume'
    - tone controls
    - mod rate and intensity
    - tap tempo
    and probably more advanced
    - browse effect type and insert into a slot

Thanks again for sharing your work on this

I was at the demo in the UK and Thomas said a couple of things about the footpedal
    - yes it's coming
    - it will have a looper in it (not sure if in the floorboard or the kemper but you know what I mean)

I also agree with the previous poster who said that the video would be great to help people use the kpa better. Thomas did an excellent job of explaining some really neat, but slightly hard to understand features - and showing a musical application for them. I'd really like a video of that.

Good point, but I didn't mention the features I would value.

- aux input
    - ability to run in stereo if you buy another one (without a mixer)
    - can be put down as a wedge or stood up like backline
    - small and light as possible

I was drawn to it because it is about the smallest cabinet you can get a 12 inch speaker in and it's coaxial.

There are also some very good reviews on the following pages:

http://www.musiker-board.de/th…xm-12a-monitorbox.586068/

http://www.meetmusic.com/nl/ar…asp?id=1873&subrubriek=12
    http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/e…ynacord-axm-12a-test.html

I continue on my search for the ideal speaker setup.

On my travels I noticed this

Dynacord AXM 12A

It has a co-axial 12 inch speaker and can operate as a wedge or standing up. Looks to me like they tried to copy the CLR.

It got a very good review here.

Costs about £750 in the UK.

Thomann link here

Here are some basic specs:

Dynacord AXM 12A, Active 12 "Coaxial Monitor, 520 watts maximum output, 260 watts + 75 watts RMS (Woofer and thomann Horn), dispersion 90 °, Max SPL 128dB, 2x XLR / TRS mic / line (Switchable +15 V Phantom Power ) 1x RCA input, 1 x XLR Thru output, 1x XLR mix output, frequency response 50 Hz - 20 kHz, feedback filter,Adjustable Internal delay up thomann to 100 meters, 5 fixed presets and 5 free user Presests, dimmable display, passive Cooling, dimensions 414 x 339 x 484mm, weight 14.9 kg

Thoughts or experiences anyone?