Posts by Allenhuish

This box of tricks can do a lot!

Most of the demo videos for the Meris LVX showcase the wild and crazy sounds it can do. I set up 3 presets that could do basic delay sounds and compared them to a really basic delay pedal (Boss DD-200).

TL;DR - The Meris sounds great!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I'm wearing my Kemper t-shirt!!

I had a little mess around with my Kabinet this morning. I captured my Tone King Imperial on the Quad Cortex and then A/B it via the Kemper Kabinet.

TL;DR I don't think it's supposed to work well, but with a little EQ the Kabinet sounds very similar to the real amp.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

13ms latency is definitely something many people would feel. "Unexpected" result in row 6 might be due to the fact that captures in this preset seem to be place on parallel paths, so load is probably spread between multiple cores.

Not sure how many people are running multiple captures in series in real live (maybe if you captured drive pedal separately and amp separately - but even then the solution is simple: capture both of them at the same time). So from nerdy point of view I find this video interesting, but in real life most of folks will experience sub-6ms of delay which is perfectly fine.

Very good points!

I just got a Quad Cortex and I could feel a little latency (more than on the Kemper) so I did some tests and here are the results. TL:DR - if you put a few captures in one preset it gets to be too much.

Hi guys,

I did a review of my Bad Cat Cub

Hi all,

I did a video review of the Skylark which is a great blackface 12 watt amp for home and studio.

Comments welcome!

I did a demo of this pedal and played it through the Kemper using both the AC20 profile and an MBritt Tweed.

I recently sold this guitar and did a quick recording before the buyer collected it.

I also took the opportunity to ramble about GAS.

The Quick button can be configured to do different things, so you need to tell it what you want it to do first. If you haven't done that yet, it's in the System settings under "Quick Function".

Thanks I've done that now. It took me a while to find it in system settings.

Tried the quick function and bingo it worked!

It didn't just take the fx in the stomp slots (there were 3), it went on to the next used slot in the effects which was good.

I only learnt this riff because the rig came out!

Feel free to like and subscribe to my channel

I had always used capo in the past for this and it is not very good for isolation, but great for slowing down and looping sections.

I recently found this app on the mac store which is free if you don't need to save the tracks and pretty cheap if you don't.

(I have got ripx to evaluate so will be doing a video on that soon)