Posts by Allenhuish

Sorry guys, I don't think I made my original question clear enough.

Say for example I have a Line 6 pod and I plug that into an external power amp (for example a magnum 44 pedal) and then plug that amp into the kone, will sound come out of the speaker?

Specifically I am not asking if the quality of the sound will be good or not. And I am not asking if the speaker emulation will work (obviously not).

Hi all,

I was wondering if I would be able to use a kone with any of my other gear.

The website says

"Due to the digital features, the KEMPER Kone and KEMPER Kabinet work exclusively with a PROFILER."

But this doesn't make sense to me, it's a FRFR speaker. Of course you don't get all of the other features if you plug in another amp, but do you really think that this will only work with a kemper and nothing else?

Well, I'm a pretty average player, but I love the piece and was inspired to give it a try. My main problem is that I can't go anywhere near as fast as Mateus can.

This is based on the famous Morgan AC20 profile on the rig exchange with a few tweaks to delay, reverb and compression.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Okay I had a go at it. Not convinced I've got it, but I've given it a shot.

https://soundcloud.com/jallawalla/dont-dream-its-over

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the ideas people.

I plugged into the headphone out on the front of the toaster. Gate effect was gone.

Tried the headphone out of my audio interface (presonus firestudio mobile) and the gate effect was also gone.

Changed the output of the interface to the speakers and the gate returned.

Either the speakers have a gate built in or there is some software setting that I'm missing.

That's a bit annoying, but at least the kemper is working as expected.

Hi there,

I am working on editing a sound (mateus asato clean tone) and I can't seem to turn off my noise gate.

I understand that there are 2 noise gates on the kemper - 1 in the input section and a stomp. I do not have the stomp in my chain and the one in the input is set to zero.

I have a delay and if I make a staccato note on the guitar the delay repeats are cut off after a second or 2. It sounds very strange.

To test it, I have just set the feedback of the delay to 100% - it still cuts off after a second if I play a staccato note. It also cuts off if I play a sustained note, but that is much slower to cut off - I mean that it does not decay naturally, there is a sudden cutoff.

Have I missed a gate somewhere else? Because that's exactly what it sounds like.

update: it's so heavily gated that I can't even hear my left hand sliding up and down the strings when I'm not playing!

I'm running the latest beta OS by the way.

I've been working on learning this for a while (don't feel like I'll ever make it to be honest).

Looking for something to emulate his clean tone on that track. There was an old thread, but the forum advice is to start a new thread.

I'm thinking

- Delay

- Reverb

- hint of chorus

- Compression

My basic fiddling is that I get either too much or too little delay depending on which part of the song (I am guessing that he edited in post?)

He also has a little bit of gain on it.

Anyone got something to share?

Thanks,

Allen

Here's my video of conclusions.

TL;DR - it's good

https://youtu.be/a3TaGgyLE9s

External Content
    [media]

Thanks.

It is a tricky device to make a video for. There's almost no way to record the output, so the only way is to give a subjective spoken review.

I had a little play of it last night. Will try to do a video in the next day or 2.

Allen

I just got mine delivered.

Haven't tried them yet, but threw together an unboxing and first impressions video.

External Content youtu.be

I've ordered one.

Apart from using it on its own I am hoping to have a full wireless setup for the kemper. I've already got a wireless guitar connection gizmo from thomann (harley benton).

I think it's a great idea.

Should I be able to transfer factory presets from RM to the toaster?

I can double click rigs in the rig browser and they are sent to the toaster (or I can right-click on them, etc.), but when I browse the 'Kemper Factory Content 7' there are a number of presets. When I double click these, nothing happens and if I right click them the menu to preview or store in profiler is greyed out.

Is there something I'm missing?

May I suggest that the user interface design is considered a little more.

It is my view that a computer mouse and screen is fundamentally different from physical hardware. I am particularly thinking about the UI where circular knobs are turned by the user. I appreciate that probably that once selected then a simple up and down motion on the mouse will 'rotate' the virtual knobs, but this is not all that intuitive imho.

There is an opportunity to make the computer based UI better if the strengths of the computer interface are used rather than replicating the interface metaphor of the hardware unit. I realise that opposed to this point of view is the idea that end users already have a good idea of how to interact with the device using the existing UI metaphor. Somehow there must be a best of both worlds approach?

Having said all of that - I am looking forward to the editor even with its existing demo UI.

I'm very interested in a detailed comparison to other similar speakers. I tried one at the weekend at a guitar show.

My comments (after 5 minutes trial)

- Very amp like sound (but without a back to back test it's hard to tell if it's better or worse than any other)

- Very wide dispersion - it sounded the same from an almost 90 degree angle

- Looks just right in green with a green kemper on top, but doesn't look very 'boutique' i.e. I'm not sure I'd have it in my living room, but then a PA style speaker is worse in that regard

Overall, I was impressed and would love to hear it up against the usual suspects