No, we use external audio card to listen, mix, play... no need to an internal audio card.
fcb with the original ep-rom : no latency
yes, it' an old bug.
power on the kpa
switch one time all your banks
it's all, now it works.
If I've had the Kemper for awhile and was already used to it, I would've gotten the FCB since then I would've had more time to learn it (I'm a geek so that was not the problem). Right now I want more time dedicated for the Kemper itself, which is days old to me.
it takes me one hour to earn and make my own sys file...
kemper remote vs fcb 1010 :
- price : fcb, 3fcb = 1remote
- plug n play : remote but ......you can find sys file with the good programmation for the fcb. it's like to learn how to play guitar, if you want, you learn, if you learn, you can do every thing you want.
- can be use with other gear : fcb
- expression pedals : fcb, 2 times.
- looper : remote but the looper isn't a good looper so, it's not very important.
- bugs : fcb = no bug
the only con for the fcb is the 10banks limitation.
I'm late into the Kemper Profiler/FCB1010 game, having only bought a (used) Kemper Profiler Powerhead 2 days ago. I can't bring myself to spending another $500 for the foot controller, so I'm looking into the FCB1010, with (preferred for 2-way comms) or without a mod chip, and MIDI in/out. Will I be able to do ALL of this for performances (hint, Performance mode)?
- Program performances, with multiple rigs per performance
- Program effects on/off control, at least boost, chorus, delay, reverb, so pushing a button enables the effect, and pushing it again disables it
- Cycle through each performance with a simple up/down button
- Select a rig to play, and simultaneously de-select a previously selected rig in a performance, e.g., selecting a "Verse" rig will de-select the "Intro" rig
yes to all. No for the looper (but it's not a good looper so, it's not important)
i use a fcb with original ep-rom
Tester en situation live
garde un rig clean et un rig disto "bien qualibrés" coté volume.
te baser sur ces deux là pour comparer les volumes des autres rigs
cabs like many else...
so, i was on 8.2 and now 8.6.6.
i try the double tracker and...
- when i play a chord, the tunner (3 leds) desappears ( not this trouble if i play note by note)
-the sound moves sometimes (0,5 sec) like a leslie fx ( more left than right)
the bmp of the kemper is max 256bpm, it's too slow for a lot of extern effects (strymon timeline needs 30000bpm for "no latence doubling fx" for exemple.
I will explain to you, in performance, if you use midi pedals, their PC # remains associated with the slot used and not with the rig used, so that if you have to move a few rigs and well you lose their midi settings on the way which remain at their initial locations, which is rather boring, hence the need for a "copy / paste midi too" option.
hi, i ve got a fcb (no ep rom) and i have no latence. I use an external dual switch to start-stop the looper
La vidéo de mon pote Eric
Some one Can use strymon pedal, nixie and kemper AT the same Time?
When nixie controls the strymon, my kemper can't send pc# when i change the rig...
Yeah, that's the limitation of the Kemper Profiler. You can solve this with an additional MIDI->USB converter cable. Something like this:
ok so you change connection. For me, the goal is not to touch the connection.
there is something i don't get
The midi information comes out of my sound card then enter the kemper.
The information then leaves the kemper to arrive at the strymon and the sound card. therefore logical, we use the midi thru.
as I wish that the info arrives at the strymon and also arrives at the sound card, it would be necessary that the midi out of the strymon be in thru and not in merge ...
- ok, it had been a long time since I had done my midday tests. At the time, midi thru did not work.
- I just went to 8.2 (but my computer is incompatible w10, that's another subject ...) and now the midi thru works.
- Nixie finds the strymon well and knows how to edit it. But then the perfomance mode does not transmit the PC # (performance, midi transmit) to the strymon.
- As you said @Burkhard , by modifying "select midi port" to thru, the kemper sends the PCs # to the strymon but Nixie then loses the connection.
- So I must systematically change the midi port (software) of the kemper to be able to edit the strymon or to be able to test it with changes of rigs.
- Is there a way to know how to do both at the same time?
- Thank you