Posts by LuteLover

Hi, Dr. Ingolf. Thank you for your response. You are such a knowledgeable and trusted person on the Forum!

First of all, I must share that I wound up solving the problem -- in a manner, however, that erased a couple months tweaking and work on my Performances. I did so by reverting to a backup I had made two months ago to a USB Drive -- and am now in the process of restoring the Rig/Performance patches I had lost.

My suspicion is that, somehow, the file that loaded on the Kemper became corrupted, and that was what resulted in the problems I was having.

Indeed, Herr Doktor, the input LED lit up -- apparently meaning that something had gone awry between input and output. I did my best to check all the modules from input to output, but nothing seemed abnormal from what I could determine. Kemper Support suggested I determine whether I had any output from Direct or Monitor outputs. Loading the backup file from a couple months ago, however, solved the problem, so I did not go through the process they recommended.

At this point, I seem to be at a "stable place" on Kemper, and will simply rebuild the half-dozen patches, with accompanying effects, that I had programmed into KPA. This experience was the ONLY major glitch/worry I have run into on KPA since I purchased it nearly two years ago. In my opinion, considering how complex the KPA is, and the tremendous power it offers guitarists, this is a very small thing. Having said that, I am glad I still own my Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+, and my Germino 45 and Lead 50 amps. While the digital world offers us all incredible possibilities, perhaps we would all do well to remember how to "go back to the basics." For us guitarists, it means good old analog, tube driven circuits! The KPA does an almost unbelievable job of offering us the magic of a profiled amp. Still, there is really nothing that can replace "the real deal."

Thanks, friend Ingholf, for responding to my need for help. I think I will be okay at this point. I will also be looking back to the previous assistance you provided me with respect to the rotating speaker and the Kemper Remote.

Good will to you!

Kindly,

Dr. Douglas Thompson
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Hello, friends.

What a shock to turn on my Kemper tonight and hear nothing at all come out! This has never happened before.

Latest build, just uploaded the other night. (Likely my mistake.) No sound in Browser mode, no sound in Perform mode. I have always had headphones before.

The tuner registers sound in; the Input light indicates sound coming in. But that is as far as it gets.

First time with the Profiler I have had such a serious problem. Gentlemen, how do I go about contacting Kemper for help?

Would also welcome any and all selections.

Very happy I did not sell my tube amps! Tomorrow, it is a Mesa Boogie IIC+

Doug Thompson
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Friends,

I previously read on the forum directions on how to program the Rotary Speaker Effect -- switching it off and on, as well as changing the speed -- with the Kemper Remote. Strangely, when I put "Rotary Speaker" into the search box, every search turns up empty. Perhaps some computer glitch?

Because I am unable to access this information, would someone be so very kind as to instruct me how to program the Kemper Remote to 1) turn on and off as well as 2) change the speed of the Rotary Speaker Effect from slow to fast. The point at which I seem to be confused is whether I need TWO of the I-IV buttons on the Remote to have this control -- one for the on/off of the rotary and another for the slow/fast speed -- or whether there is a way to somehow program both functions to only ONE of the I-IV Remote Buttons.

Thanks. Again, I know this is redundant, and I have been playing around to solve the problem myself. But there are so many so much wiser and experienced that I: I feel as though I have, after almost two years, finally gotten past recognizing the incredible variety of sounds the Kemper is capable of, and coming to an understanding of "the basics." Now I am ready to move on to learning deeply about the EFX on the Kemper.

Best,

Doug Thompson
    St. Paul, MN

Hi.
    Just working a bit with the 4.0.1 Beta. I like the new strobe tuner option. To me, the Rotary Speaker seems somehow "better" in this new version, though nothing is stated in the addendum that anything was changed. Glitches in Performance Mode -- maybe that has been mentioned. When you turn the type knob to move to the Performance Preset -- either up or down -- a screen appears with the boxes, but the presets are not there. One needs to push Load before the rigs stored in that Performance slot appear. But perhaps this is intended for some reason? Now this is odd -- the behavior I just mentioned occurs when I turn the Type button on the Kemper itself, but does not occur when I switch banks with the Remote.

Again, maybe this is something new???

Very excited to receive this upgrade! This Kemper has just been fabulous for me! I love it! And, with each upgrade, there is more to love -- and, yes, learn!

Cheers.

Doug

Hi, Ingholf.

A follow up question to your above comment. If I utilize master mono, and it is applied to the main xlr outputs, do the stereo EFX in the Kemper output in mono, too?

Thanks.

Your friend in St. Paul, Minnesota
    Thompson

Greetings, Ingolf et al.

Thanks for this post. I was able to program my remote to do this, thanks to the advice offered above.

One step that was a bit confusing was programming Button IV on the remote for the speed. There was no indication that the speed had changed while programmed the button. Yet, when I Stored and pulled back out of the procedure, it had worked fine. The only "hitch," at least in Profiler 3.2.1 software, is that there was not an indication that button IV had been programmed.

Works great!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Doug
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    USA

Andy,
    Though I can do nothing other than wish you all the best, this is a sad post for me to read. You have done absolutely splendid work! Numerous profiles you offered are my favorites! Thank you for these. I ought to add that I would have gladly paid more for your profiles--so perhaps that could lead you to continuing your fine work. I appreciate well-done profiles, because they are absolutely something I could not put the time into learning how to do, and would never have at my disposal the amps you have had.

Music is, and typically always been, a very difficult "business" to make it in -- for Bach, Mozart, and countless persons through the ages. For most of us, it is, in the end, a labor of love, with only the smallest of financial rewards. You, sir, have fulfilled a unique niche in providing many of us great stuff to add to our Kemper, and from there make great music for others. So, no matter what your future in profiling, do know you have contributed something of importance, perhaps even greatness.

I will continue to collect all of your profiles, though I have many of them already. Please continue to make them available. And, please, do feel free to raise the cost of those profiles to a degree that offers you more reward, and enables you, at least part-time, to continue your important work.

Thank you, Andy!

Kindly,

Dr. Douglas Thompson
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Hi, Sorry my post is in the incorrect section. Still new to utilizing the forum.

I did find the Bass Rig collections on the Downloads page.

Nope -- Kemper is already registered.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Doug

Gentlemen:
    Thanks for all these ideas and potential problem areas to look at. This evening and in the next day I will look into each one. And, if one proves helpful, will post that for you all and anyone else!
    All best,
    Doug

Hi.
    Just downloaded most recent software. Rig Manager no longer sees the KPA.
    Cable is good; just used it.
    I have had a solid connection before.
    Now running latest Windows 10 Pro.
    Any thoughts, or ways to check out what is happening?

Thank you.

Doug

P.S. I look in Device Manager -- lots of USB things. But no specific name of the KPA. Do not know if that is significant.

Heldal.

I suspect you are correct. As I have continued utilizing the IEMs with the X32. Somehow, in this incarnation of the X32 Mix software for the iPad -- and likely it is also in the X32 mixing matrix, but I cannot say for certain -- some things do not translate well into a stereo soundstage. I believe I have stereo -- but it could be due to the factor that my soundman has my signal going through a reverb and delay effect. Plus, on the iPad software, I do not have panning controls.

So, the sound I am getting is very, very good, clean -- I have found the key to the mix is simply starting fresh and building it up as one likes it -- but the stereo effect I hear may be, as you suggest, Heldal, more the effect of the FX, not a true stereo signal.

Now, having said all that, I am still in love with the IEM monitoring, and the control I have over that monitor mix, via the X32 Mix software for iPad, is truly amazing to me.

Thanks for the comment!

Doug

I would agree that the V2 adjustments are very positive, and could recommend them.

One of the best parts of Mr. Britt's being so scrupulous in providing a Version 2 -- without charge! -- is that you are able to retain both in the profiles you have on the "Local Library," as well as what you have loaded into your Kemper.

Certainly this is a mark of a 1) person who understands and can relate to most of us, who make music in positions that compensate no where near what I hope this fine player makes; 2) a person committed to meticulously review of his work, and changes as needed; and, 3) a fellow guitar player who wants to offer his fellow players his best personal personal effort at truly shaping his samples to be ones that we "mere mortal" guitar players can obtain and enjoy in our own work.

In this day and (IMHO) awful age of seeking profit at all cost, thus making Old World Craftsmanship and Quality a consideration near the bottom of the list, Britt, it seems to me, is choosing a path that is very different than one determined by such shallow and selfish goals. Mr. Britt, as I see it, wants to, above all, offer a very high quality "product" above all else. As most all of us have learned by now -- and cynically acknowledge because it is true -- ninety-nine out of a hundred people will offer us something for sale that, ultimately, is designed/produced/intended to provide "the seller" with tremendous profit at the lowest possible quality to those who, have earnest hopes for "something better," purchase. '

It seems to me -- and I hope the medium- and long-term time frames prove me correct -- Michael Britt is offering us guitar players a superior product at a reasonable cost. And, fellow guitarists, that is something that is world beyond the average "company" or "entity" promising us "sound Nirvana" for merely a few bucks. Based upon what I sense and know of Mr. Britt's Kemper profiles -- above all his clear dedication to providing us guitarists with the uber-quality profiles with which to play our many different and professional gigs -- I most highly recommend them to you for your consideration.

Thank you, Mr. Britt, for offering us "mere mortals," who utilize the Kemper PA as our primary performance tool, to achieve tone that is exceptional. Keep up the good work!

Dr. Douglas Thompson
    St. Paul, MN

Hello.

My soundman has the X32 working fabulously with my Kemper -- glorious stereo. The real kicker, however, is that he has stereo sub pair coming out of the matrix that, in tandem with the X32 software available for Apple iPad, I can fine tune my IEM mix from the stage. It is the cat's meow. Highly recommended!

Best,

Doug

Thank you, Mr. Rocket, for your broadly applicable, detailed, and insightful review of the CLRs.

I will receive my recently ordered original CLR Powered Wedge, and your review is most helpful as I prepare to make this a valued and critical part of my live performance rig utilizing the Kemper Profiler.

Obviously, it took a great deal of time and effort for you to offer these insights. Thank you.

Doug

Thank you, musicians, for the kind welcomes!

I appreciate your thoughts on this. Merely based upon what I know about computers, both from friends whose profession it is to know and work with hardware, as well as what I have read on occasions over the years, the practice of leaving it on for a day seems a logical one. Over the years I have read in two or three places, if I am remembering correctly, that the greatest "stress" put on computer circuitry is when we power it up--that first surge of voltage, I suppose.

OKSTRAT, it is good to hear your experience of reliability over a couple years of use. One of the most attractive things--and reassuring to me--is that it is German engineering and German quality. In my long experience with German-made microphones, hardware, and, in recent years, software, it is top-shelf stuff. I have Neumann and Scheops mics, and utilize Sequoia and plugs from Algorithmix. It is all great.

If anyone hears more about this topic, please do return and share what you learn or hear. Who knows, maybe we will at some point find our KPAs having a "Sleep Mode," just like our computers do???

Thanks for chiming in, friends.

Doug

Hi, New KPA user here. Very satisfied. In fact, "blown away" would be a better way to put things.

Could anyone from Kemper tell me whether it is best to shut the KPA down after a couple hour session, though you will likely turn it on again later? Or is is better to simply leave it running, like a computer, saving it the "stress" of starting up all over again?

This being German engineering, maybe the point is moot. But I have heard that after a number of years, computer components sort of deteriorate and die. Does leaving the KPA on or off add to its lifespan as a computer?

Thanks. I know this is probably an esoteric, perhaps even unknowable, question. Thought I would ask, however.

Thank you.

Douglas Thompson
    Minneapolis-St. Paul Minnesota