Posts by tntent

Well, I must say that Kemper stepped up and Got my unit fixed for me though I had a difficult time initially with the us warranty person whom Im Told left the company. I now have quite a bit of insight int this and I can tell you there is NOT a comparable network Jack of the neutrik locking variety available to even install inside the kemper. Therefore I would not expect Kemper to propose anything much different. The best alternative would be a short length of high quality cable to a seperate mounted ethercon style jack as has been suggested..

I think “Pedals to MIDI” means that you can use a standard expression pedal, connected to the KPA or the Remote via TRS jack, to control another device connected to the KPA's midi output. The Kemper will convert the pedal's voltage to midi cc#.

I still dont quite get how to use the new update to midi. It seems it would work the way Robrecht suggests. The only thing new I can see is he referenced pedals to midi checkbox. However, when checked I dont see where it is possible to change the cc message forwarded to whatever external device. Nothing seems to have changed as far as settings available in performance mode midi edit screens. Change the channel, throughput, device name pc # etc

still hoping for.....,, power amp 4 ohm operation, new reverbs,,,,,much better overdrives,,,faster boot up and shut down times,,,,MUCH better way of connecting the pedal cord, the flimsey jack on the back has come out/ broke on me/ on the gig 3 times, it need the same thing thats on the pedal itself,,all you have to do is kik it or trip on it and its shot,,
    MUCH better/ stronger Speaker out jack, this plastic one is junk,,( I have the powered rack)
    For a touring piece of gear, these must be improved,, hope to see these things sometime this year,,,My rack unit is falling apart,,from 3 years of everyday/night use,
    not complaining,, I LOVE this thing, and count on it every day/ night,,but its falling apart, a little piece at a time,

As far as the weakness of connectors go I agree with you. I had to send mine in and wait for repairs for the cat 5 jack replacement. However, I dont think you can ever expect Kemper to change this as these are soldered on to the board and would require an entirely new development. he network jack in particular is quite special as to shielding and speed of communications and Im quite certain there isnt a locking compatible replacement. Since your using and abusing yours heavily I would recomend you build a connector board of sorts for the network jack and perhaps monitor out with a locking network connector and beefier ts jack. leave the actual kemper jacks lugged into them 24/7. A bit off topic of beta .. Sorry

For myself, It's all in the quality of the original profile, The Cab, and the pure cab setting. Some profiles just feel way more organic and interactive like a real amp than others. I've found often times, profiles of the same amp in the same studio even . If the profile doesn't have the raw content to begin with no Eq will fix it. The craft of shaping the tone via the different mic techniques is still a bit possible via different cab files

Thanks to all who have contributed to this.. This is one more thing that makes the kemper great! I never vested too much time with wahs really except for the occasional well known easily recognized stuff. this has started opening up a new world to me that i probably wouldnt have known otherwise. A bit late in the game to go out and buy an assortment of totally different wahs

Lots of big improvements and fixes on this Beta ! Glad to see kemper has NOT been resting on its laurels and continues development. Pitch shifter improvements, mix controls added for some effects, and even some new midi options. well done. Question is is it safe for stage use as usual or anyone experience any showstopper type bugs ?

Having tried various FRFR setups. I dont think you will be unhappy with the dynacord at all, especially for home use at lower volumes. I had to get one sent to the US where there isnt a shortage of options. If you want something that can reveal a profile well, has great seperation of instruments, good sound dispersion and sound quality in a compact versatile unit these are great. NOT exactly the cheapest option. I play mostly in churches so the sound guy always thinks the stage is too loud everywhere you go and these do well in this environment for monitoring a mix and my guitar direct. These do not excel at extreme volume levels so if you play on a stage that has hearing loss potential but you need to cut through the open drums your standing next to it might not be your thing. I prefer this over the yamaha dxr-10 I own as far as revealing the real sound of the profiles.

Lots of big improvements and fixes on this Beta ! Glad to see kemper has NOT been resting on its laurels and continues development. Pitch shifter improvements, mix controls added for some effects, and even some new midi options. well done. Question is is it safe for stage use as usual or anyone experience any showstopper type bugs ?

.3.0.13018 Public Beta is now available as download package (select Operating System Beta versions) and via Rig Manager automated update, if Beta Releases are selected in user preferences.

Rig Managers 2.0 revision is required minimum!

This operating system introduces the following new features and fixes:

Audio

added: Mix parameter in Treble Booster and Lead Booster
    added: Ducking parameter, if Treble Booster or Lead Booster are used in stereo Modules
    changed: Mix control of Distortion effects improved. Level is unity at Mix 0%
    changed: Direct Out/Send muted immediately, if Effect Loop gets deactivated
    changed: reduced latency of Pitch Shifter effects incl. Transpose
    changed: sound of Formant Shifter improved in combination with Pitch Shifter effects
    changed: Freeze Formants in Pedal Pitch improved
    changed: Freeze Formants option added in Pedal Vinyl Stop
    changed: Formant Shift as continuous controller in Pedal Pitch not useful and obsoleted

User Interface

added: Remote supports Profiler Mode
    added: new MIDI option “Pedals to MIDI” in System Settings enables pedal controllers CC#1, 4, 7, and 11 to be sent to two external MIDI devices, even if triggered by pedals connected to Profiler or Remote
    added: Master Volume display reflecting all output volumes to better illustrate its functionality
    added: with the new option “Signal LEDs Blue” in the System Settings the color of the Input and Output LEDs can be changed
    added: new warning indicating MIDI buffer overflow, if too many program chances are received within too short time frame
    added: Profiler doesn’t try to restore corrupted backup files
    fixed: MIDI clock display stabilized
    fixed: correct handling of Pedal Volume after Rig change, if “WahPedal to Volume” is enabled
    fixed: correct processing of MIDI controlling changes immediately following a program change
    fixed: logical conflicts between Morph Pedal and Morph Button
    fixed: disabled Slots accidentally appear as enabled
    fixed: Uno4Kemper conflict with relative addressing in Browser Mode
    fixed: default Pitch if “WahPedal to Pitch” or “MorphPedal to Pitch” are activated
    fixed: Tuner Mode exits Performance scrolling
    fixed: erroneous Locking after Mode changes
    fixed: erroneous Morphing of Slot 4 in Performance edit buffer after restart
    fixed: polarity option for external switches gets ignored, if a pedal is configured
    fixed: correct handling of “Delay on/off Tail” triggered via external switch
    changed: “Power Amp On” instead of “Power Amp” in PowerHead and PowerRack Output Section
    changed: scale of Crystal Mix und Pitch Mix parameter changed to 0-100%
    changed: option to display time on Remote on page Date and Time in System Settings (had been hidden feature before)

I thought perhaps I would receive some help if posting this on here. A few weeks back I had reported My network jack on the back of the kemper is broken and started a support ticket. It would seem likely this is not covered on my unit due to a few factors after discussing with kemper. I asked for an estimate for the repair (assuming it would not be covered) but would likely wait a few weeks until I have some down time for the repair. I never received an email back with an estimate but not being ready to to send it in didnt concern myself. Ive since taken some down time musically and responded back to the email stating Im ready to get my kemper fixed but never received an estimate. I have not received a response yet after two days. NOT like the Kemper Ive known in the past. I tried to phone the number listed in the email for Kemper Americas but this goes to a message, which I left and hopefully will get a returned phone call. I need my Kemper fixed. Ive already disassembled the kemper and Im ready to solder a new network Jack on the board which Im quite capable of yet Im not certain of the specs and type of jack in the kemper. It appears to be an uncommon type. perhaps someone more knowledgeable can point me in the right direction or show me where I can purchase a comaptible jack ? Here is a pic.. https://goo.gl/photos/B7wKvBiEqCzPYaDc6 As you can see in the image there are 9 connections which are staggered, 5 in the back row and 4 in front, in addition to the LEDs . If I were able to find this arrangement, it would have been repaired a;ready..

Inbox x

Kemper Repairs May 8[Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]

Hi Tony- I understand you need some repair done on your unit. I can assist yo...

Yes, the network jack on the back needs to be replaced. Cables won't stay in....

Kemper Repairs May 10[Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]

Hi tony- I could put a rush request in- but you are most likely looking at 5-...

Tony Vanover May 10[Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]

I see, thank you. I will likely wait a few weeks until I have some down time ...

Kemper Repairs May 10[Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]

No problem.

[Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif][Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]

Tony Vanover <
    May 23 (2 days ago)[Blocked Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]

ready to get my kemper repaired but I didnt hear back from you what the cost would be to replace the network Jack if its not covered ?

I've tried it.
    It works but it seems that the G10 is very sensitive to the 'quality' of the power. I could not power it from any USB source (KPA, computer, USB-hub) without getting unwanted noise.
    So the only reliable way were to use the supplied adapter. I guess that Line6 never intended otherwise...

as far as other sources go, you simply need a quality power supply with a high enough amperage rating to match the line 6. I have a custom power supply in the back of my kemper with outputs to power the line 6 and any standard 9 v pedal etc that tees of the main supply. I use this to power the G10, my in ears when using and any pedal I want. Always looking for ways to reduce and simplify improvements though.

Apparently, if your under existing warranty the coverage is to be determined by the service center determination. A service center is checking my serial to see if I am under warranty and waiting for a reply on cost if not covered. If not, I'm likely to investigate reengineering a neutrik style connector myself depending on how tight the board is.