Posts by spottydog10

Thanks guys, my research also showed up the Marshall Major.
    JJ, interesting that Robin Mayhew is your mate. I never met Mick unfortunately but he seemed like a nice bloke with monumental talent.
    Woof!

You don't need to be Mick R to get that sound, you need the right amp/guitar pedals.

I agree there is a lot of guitar in the sound, it's getting the blend that is eluding me.

Just watching this interview with the great Mick Ronson.

I cant seem to get that close to the sound he has, although he reckons it's pretty basic.
    It's a lovely middly tone and quite distorted but not fizzy. and he mentions using a cocked wah pedal for tone but seemed to say he wasn't using it during the interview I've linked to.
    I can get a bit closer turning down the presence and upping the mids and treble in an MBritt profile (cant remember which one off hand)
    I've tried my LP and strat but not happy with the results. Any advice or profile suggestions?

I think the amp was on 1 and a half which seems low but in a smallish room is pretty loud.
    I suspect the SM58 (not SM57, my mistake) as it seems very low. It was brand new from Shure as a replacement for my older one that was also really low in volume:) I've looked at the inside connections of the mic and they appear OK to me.

Thanks Paul,
    It turned out that the SM57 was just so low in volume going direct in to the Kemper mic input.

I routed it through my UR44 and it was fine. and also did a couple of condenser mic profiles whilst I was at it.
    They should be on the rig exchange JCclean, JCdist1, JCCleanCondensor and JCDist1Condensor (my Roland JC120 amp)

I haven't profiled for a while but decide to have a go today, problem is I cant hear the reference amp through the kemper.
    I have an sm57 plugged in to the return of the K, guitar plugged in to the K input and direct output send going into the amp.
    If I go through the whole process it will profile but then I cant hear the finished profile until I store it and then it sounds dull.
    I have turned the return level up to 25db with no luck.

I'm sure it's me being a fool but what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Funny thing, the editor has been working great for a day or 2 but now, using the looper, if I change eq in the studio eq stomp nothing happens.
    If I change amp or rig nothing happens. I've re connected and restarted but I cant seem to sort it out. Also the looper sometimes gets stuck and wont stop and I have to restart the Kemper.
    Any help appreciated, thanks.

I can hear it in profiler mode with ref amp selected. So I do the profile and I get this:
    First clip is the ozoned version, second is the profile that should sound like it but doesn't.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but what??

I got it to profile, I had to reset the global int on the Kemper, that's twice in 2 days, but the profile is really bassy, not like what I'm hearing in direct monitoring in Cubase.

But my monitors are getting the changes (main output UR44) And I've tried connecting via those same outputs to the Kemper. Could using a Y cable to the Kemper be an issue? Thanks.

No, no change with headphones plugged into the Kemper headphone socket.
    I have a cable from Kemper Direct output/send going in to input one of my Steinberg UR44 then Main Output from the UR44 into Return Input of the Kemper. I have also tried Line Output 1 and 2 from the UR44.
    I can hear the eq changes from my studio monitors OK.
    Thanks Don

Thanks Don,

But I don't seem to be capturing the tone correctly, I even put a huge 2k spike in Ozone to test and it's not there in the profiled sound.
    Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Can I capture the Ozone eq match by profiling my Cubase channel with Ozone running and monitor selected on the track, like capturing an amp sim as per the manual below?

"Connections for PROFILING a Computer-Based Guitar Amp Simulation
    • Connect your guitar to the Input of the PROFILER. • Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND from the PROFILER to the appropriate input on your computer’s audio interface. • Route the output of your guitar amp simulation software to a specific hardware output of your computer’s audio interface. • Connect this output to the RETURN of the PROFILER. ✓ Be sure to disengage the noise-gate in your guitar amp simulation software before PROFILING it. "