Posts by spottydog10

Thanks Peter,

I've sorted it, it's a bit complicated on my system as I use my old soundcard Emu 0404 (for the KPA SPDIFs and monitoring system sound) and a Steinburg UR44 for the main Cubase work. It's a question of appending the quite complex EMU Patchmix software.

Cheers

I haven't reamped for a while and I've forgotten a couple of things.

I have my recorded track successfully going in to the KPA and the sound coming back out.

The recorded track is going out through a mono output on my Emu and returned back in through the SPDIF.
    Question is, I only want to hear the Reamped sound coming back from the KPA.
    How do I do this? If I turn the recorded track down in Cubase 9 the KPA volume also lessens.

Thanks

Well I tried out the Sigma Hummingbird. It looks great, sounds OK but the intonation on the demo model was all over the place
    so I couldn't really get comfortable with it.

I also tried a Gibson Montana 2018 J-15 which was decent but nothing special.
    The best sounding one I tried was a Taylor 214, a brand which I had never considered before and at around the £1000 mark the best value for me.

No offence to the bloke in the video but you always get the same type of playing in these demos which is why I wondered if anybody had any real world experience.
    I might just try one out - the shop is only up the road. I'd be tempted by the Gibson though and I really shouldn't...

Paul, I'm after Keef sound circa 1970.

I'm tempted because the reviews are decent as is the price at under £300.
    I'm doing some recording at the moment and although I have several acoustics inc a Martiin and an old Washburn, I need a bit of a different tone for a couple of tracks.
    If money wasn't an issue I'd go straight for the Gibson but it is:)
    I've no interest in the pick up on it so if anyone has one can they let me know how they sound recorded using a mic?
    Ta.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ep…ic-guitar-cherry-sunburst

MM, I've tried it with using an out from Cubase and I'm getting a metally feedback sound whenever I turn up the KPA from zero.
    I'm using a Emu 0404 with Cubase 9 and the KPA is using the spdif connections.
    Any ideas mate?

Excellent mate, I'll try the aux method first.
    I had a couple of ideas of how to do it but I was unsure about signal degradation back into the KPA.
    Nice one.

Sorry if this has been covered.
    I've recorded the signal from the KPA into Cubase in to 2 mono tracks and now want to choose an amp.
    Is there a way to mute the recorded signal so that I am only hearing the reamped one as it's a bit confusing trying to decide a tone with 2 sounds going on.
    I thank yow. :P

Out of interest here is :
    A: The original Ronson sound from the interview
    B: Me + Ozone tonematch (close but not perfect)
    C: Me with no tonematch

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could be. I'm wondering whether it's something really simple like a treble booster, I had one meself back in the day.
    I'm happy to pay for a commercial profile to save me the hassle of being dissatisfied, just haven't heard it as yet.
    Thanks for the help, if you come across anything similar in your travels give me a shout.
    Woof!

Your probably right mate but (to my ears) this the same tone, different levels of distortion etc but essentially the same mid range gargle.

External Content www.youtube.com

Hi Paul, LP mainly but tried a Strat and an old SC Ibanez from 1983.
    I know he's using a Tele there but I've seen other stuff with Ronno playing his beloved LP and getting the same sound.
    It seems to be a 70's sound thing (Whole lotta love isn't too dissimilar) but whether it's the amp, treble booster or whatever I dunno.
    His big trick was to use a cry baby and leave it on a certain position but it aint that in this case.

I'm after this particular grind sound which comes in at 2.55 on the video.
    I've got close but I would like exact. I can get exact using Ozone as an insert post recording but would dearly love a profile.
    I've tried Ozone on the mic when profiling but it's not a huge success for me.
    Has anybody come across a profile that will get me near as dammit? It's almost an extreme sort of eq going on
    (which I've fiddled with until my ears cant tell the difference between a fly or a truck going past)
    Thanks fellers. :wacko:

External Content www.youtube.com