Posts by spottydog10

I have got a couple of nice amps but used mainly for touring (don't do much of that these days)
    When I record, which is all the time I don't want to have to mic up constantly.
    Before I got the KPA it was Line 6 gear (much maligned in certain quarters but you CAN get a decent sound if you put the work in)
    With the Kemper, as said by others, it's all there in front of you.
    You still have to work a bit to get the sounds you want but it's a LOT easier than Pod HD or whatever.

Go on, get one...

A daft request really but. I spend most of my time either songwriting or creating guitar parts for sessions and hardly ever practice these days.
    To remedy this, every so often I'll learn something stupidly hard (for me, anyway) that means I have to update my rusty technique (sometimes even successfully)

Rock Around The Clock is the challenge I've set meself but need a bit of help with the sound.
    A bit of research shows Danny Cedrone played his 1949 Gibson ES-300 with a P-90 pickup through a Gibson BR-1 amp.
    I haven't got a similar guitar unfortunately, his looks great. I have a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Strat and an Ibanez SuperStrat type thing from the 70's.
    If anyone can suggest a Kemper patch I'd be grateful as I just cant get close enough.
    Thanks,
    Mike

http://www.the-jime.dk/Rockabi…Around_the_Clock_Solo.htm

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My last Gibson LP (bought around 2007) had a tuning problem with the nut, mainly the G.
    I sent it back and they replaced it with another with the same problem, where upon I told the supplier either to give me a full refund or sort out the nut.
    They got their in-house tech to replace the nut which solved the problem.
    I mean these guitars aint cheap FFS...

Thanks guys.
    Here's a couple of bars of bass and drums from the track, DI'd and |KPA.
    Any advice welcomed.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I took the Kemper into the studio to replace a bass line I'd recorded at home (also thru the Kemper) because I wasn't satisfied tonewise
    and figured I needed to tweak the sound in a bigger room.
    I found it quite difficult to get a decent bass sound at all, I used a couple of the Ampeg profiles and quite a few other bass amps but they all sounded a bit too
    middly and toppy despite fiddling with eq and even changing cabs.
    In the end I gave up and went direct in to the desk and a compressor and ended up with more what I was after that way.
    The guitar is a Fender Jag bass and I'm no bass player:)
    Obviously it's all subjective, but any tips/favourite rigs people are using?
    The type of music is indie pop I suppose.

Ta,
    Mike

Haha, correct.
    The clue is in the video though.
    I may just try and get a sound like Slad and see if that does it.

I love this guitar sound, especially the right side guitar, it has lots of honk.(strat maybe?, though Dave Hill wasn't known for using one)
    I want to use something similar sounding on a track I'm doing.
    I'm close but no cigar.
    Any suggestions?
    Ta
    Mike

External Content www.youtube.com

When I send the SPDIF signal from a recorded track out to the KPA is it possible to not hear the recorded track and only the reamped sound?
    It's quite confusing hearing both when choosing a sound to use.
    Of course I've tried to get a balance between the 2 but the original recorded track is really off putting.

Ta,
    Mike

Chamelious, I DO understand the concept but your instinct was correct.
    My colleague had deleted the original SPDIF track and replaced it with the reamped one but not renamed the take so I therefore thought it was the original...
    F*** me.
    Thanks everyone for the help, you nudged me to the answer.
    Mike

Nightlife, I've tried adjusting clean sense it doesn't appear to make a lot of difference unless I'm doing it wrong?
    There was a slight chorus on the original, I'll test with the chorus off but I cant see that the whole tone would change that radically.
    It sounds to me like an electric going straight thru the desk but I have checked that cabs/stacks etc are on.

Cheers,
    Mike

I've been thru the KPA settings a few times but I've probably missed something.
    Here's the original:

Here's the re-amped:

The Output and Input lights are a nice steady green.
    Any ideas?
    Ta,
    Mike

Compared to the amp I picked to reamp to.
    Does the original recording I send to the KPA affect the sound as it was quite a thin one?
    If it does...do I have to just blindly beef up the new sound and keep recording till I get it right or is there a more scientific way of doing things?

Ta,
    Mike

Paul, it's a Mexican Standad strat, I have tried using beefier tones and turned down the vol pot.

Ooozish, yep, bunged a compressor on and tried various tweaks but always open to suggestions for a better sound
    I don't want to try changing cabs at the moment as I'd like to keep things simple but if there is a sure-fire combination I'd be up for trying it.
    I'll have a look at the suggested profiles but pretty sure I've already tried them.

Thanks guys,
    Mike