Posts by spottydog10

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love that.

Per, your voice is absolutely fine, I hate my own voice too but it does the job just like your does.

I've sang backing vocals for years professionally and I'm OK at that but don't have a lot of character to my lead singer voice with out

real effort. Yours has plenty of character, keep going mate.

Thanks BayouTexan & spottydog10 !

That’s RB-Bogus Hallow on the left. The track was just a stream of consciousness guitar and vocals recorded simultaneously in one take thing then overdubbed tighter parts and something that was less mumbling and more words, production is bad but maybe there’s something in there.

It's good mate, Bowie-ish with a bit of early 90'sEnglish indie mixed in.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good that, what guitar and profile did you use on the left side rhythm guitar Per?

I thought it was just "Rod Stewart". I never knew there was a band name.

The original Faces were The Small Faces with Steve Marriot singing and with Ronnie Lane doing a lot of the writing, likeable East End lads.
    They had quite a few hits here here in the UK in the 60's.
    The Faces between 71 and 73 were right up there with the best of them, check the albums out especially A Nod Is As Good As A Wink.
    He could write a good tune, Ronnie had a decent voice and was a creative bass player.

External Content www.youtube.com

Here's a live vocal by Rod - they'd obviously just written it but they always seemed to have a laugh together
    Note John Williams miming on a classical guitar.

double note - it's MartinQutterton, could be JW twin!

Thanks BayouTexan

Tonights after a very long days driving :

Excellent

I love the guitar lead at 4.05 , one of me faves

I have always loved McCartney’s bass PLAYING but I was listening to some Wings recently and was blown away by his tone too.

He's good at everything, some of his guitar playing over the years is stunning. Oh and he can write a decent tune, he's also come up with some dodgy stuff but he can be forgiven for all the amazing material he created. I played on a charity record with him once and couldn't say a word, just nodded and smiled like a lovestruck teenage girl.

Correct Per re take it off before export, I wanted see if external ears preferred the mixdown with the plugin on.
    There's more low end and it flattens a 900k spike which is quite dramatic, about 3-4 db.

I may try a half way house with it on 50% or something - I'll try anything to improve me mixes!

Before I start the mix on this track I'd like people's opinion on whether to use Ref4 Measure or not.

I've done quick balance of verse 2, one with the Ref on and one without. I understand you have to take the plugin off when mixing down but I would like some opinions on which sounds better generally speaking.
    Cheers!