Posts by spottydog10

I downloaded the Bag UL730 3 tones for free and they're pretty good if a bit too cranked for Revolver, dial them back a bit and see what you think.
    Dunno what the rest of the pack is like but presumably they will have some cleaner tones in the full package.

Well, as an objective listener I'd say the amount of creativity you're coming across with almost daily is incredible and
    if this was me banging a load of ideas down at that speed and quality I'd be well pleased.

The slight drawback to that is your stuff tends to be fairly short in length and therefore you're maybe not developing the songs to their potential.
    If you structured them to a longer and more traditional timespan, say 3-4 minutes then you could develop the dynamics more and things tend to just
    settle in to their rightful place.

The hardest part of writing is the initial impetus and the next hardest part is arrangement to give cohesion so that the track has a life.
    I reckon your 90% there and just the arrangements need a touch of work. The vocals I have no problem with, guitars and drums sound great.
    Obviously this is just my opinion and I could be talking through me arse but it's sometimes good to get another point of view as we're all guilty of
    running around the musical rabbit hole.

Thanks Per, yes, Sarah has a sweet voice.
    The strings were LA Scoring strings, and I used the track to learn how to program them.

Listening back I should have bunged a double bass on for a bit of weight.

Going through some old stuff and found this :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.
    There's a couple of things need tidying but after that I'm gonna leave as is otherwise unless there are any suggestions?

Thought I'd put me next track up at the half mixed stage.

After this point is were I always bugger the mix up so I'm hoping you chaps can give me some pointers on going forward with this one.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks BT, just seen your post.

I need to have something slightly edgy in it as it's a cutesy song, I've written for a few females in me time but if I sing them they don't necessarily
    translate all that well.

Thanks chaps all useful stuff.

The piano is a sod in this track and been the most problematic, I take it out and everything is so much clearer and I don't have to push frequencies in the other tracks so hard.

Then again, it needs the piano...I guess pro mixers know how to do this stuff.
    The dissonant riff I think works but maybe needs some or other treatment. I don't it to be too prominent or it will sound crow-barred in.

I'll take another crack at it during the week.

Ta!

Thanks waraba and Franjoe.

There is intentional dissonant guitar at the intro, before the first verse and outro and likewise at the end of the guitar line before the2nd chorus.

I obviously haven't got that across the way I intended.

I'll play it to a couplie of people and see if they think the same.

Useful to know! Cheers

As usual, any tips on the mix would be gratefully received, be as critical as you like (it's the only way I'll learn)

it feels a bit harsh and toppy to me.

Sad to Hear about the passing of Terry Hall

External Content www.youtube.com

Very nice