Posts by FlyingSnowman

You can already stipulate how many rigs you have in a performance. Just leave the ones you don't use blank. Send the appropriate midi messages when you switch to another performance and you should be good. No rule that you have to use all five rigs in a performance ^^

I tried that, doesn't work X( If I leave a rig slot empty, the corresponding program change will redirect to the slot in the first position of the performance. That's not at all what I want. Since my foot controller has only 3 patches or programs in a bank, if I go to the second bank, the first patch will generate a program change of 4. I'm in my second song (second bank) on my foot controller. In the Kemper, I would still be in the same performance (same song) and initiate rig slot 1. I want to be in the second performance, first slot!

First of all, congrats for this magnificient piece of work! I am quite a purist concerning my sounds... I was quite sceptical about the sound quality of the Kemper, being a non-tubes amp. I have to say I'm very impressed!

I have a new feature request. Performance mode has been designed for pedal boards that have 5 buttons. There are 5 rig slots per performance, meaning you can have 5 sounds per song. Some pedal boards however have 3 or 4 buttons per bank. This is a serious problem when you want to use that pedal board. For example, I have a GR-33 with 3 patches per bank. It doesn't send bank select midi messages. The first bank sends program change 1, 2 and 3. The second bank sends program change 4, 5 and 6. And so forth. It would be nice if those 3 patches correspond to 3 rig slots in a performance.

What I propose is the following. Right now, when receiving program changes in performance mode, you apply the following formula to assign the program change to the right performance and rig slot:

(#performance x 5) - 5 + (#slot - 1)

If you have a new system parameter called "Number of rigs per performance", going from possible values 1 to 5, this would help many users who have already a pedalboard and who want to continue it to send program changes to several devices at the same time. The new formula would be:

(#performance x "Number of rigs per performance") - "Number of rigs per performance" + (#slot - 1)

Cheers!

Yeah, that's right. Bank 1 = 0,1,3, Bank 2 = 4,5,6 on the GR55.
    It's too bad really because I liked the idea of performance mode where for exemple the tempo of the delays are synchronized between the different rigs in one performance, so that it's the same all throughout the same song. Well, I just have to wait till Kemper decides to bring a pedalboard on the market I guess...

You do not need bank select necessarily tu utilize Performance Mode.

The problem seems to be that you cannot assign a program change to a specific rig slot in performance mode. The assign PC only works in Browse/Rig mode. My GR-55 is set up in banks of each 3 programs. The Performance mode on the Kemper is set up in banks of each 5 programs. That's a pain. I cannot use performance mode because of that. Or I have to buy a switch board with 5 programs per bank and route him to the midi in of my GR-55. But then I would only have like 25 performances (or I have to start using bank select commands), and we have over 40 songs...

Welcome!

I don't understand why performance mode would stand in your way.

What you describe below is a perfect example of performance mode.
    Re-ordering performances is like a big midi mapping table because in PF the PC's are fixed.

Hi & thanks!

Yeah, but then I would have to use bank select's (if I understand correctly), which is a pain because no standard feature on the GR55. Also, I don't want to use two footswitch boards (GR55 + another). Since there is a PC assign in the system menu, that is really what I was looking for. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Eric

Hi,

Not all of us will be able to use Performance Mode. I use a GR55, which has 3 sounds per song and which is enough for me. What I like about using the GR55 too as a remote control, is that I can see the name of the patch clearly on it, at my feet. However, each time we change the song order of our live set, this would mean reprogramming the order on the Kemper!

Please can you get a midi mapping table so that incoming program changes can be rerouted to other rigs? You can make this work only if the user is not using performance mode.

I'm quite new to the Kemper amp, but from what I read, it seems impossible to do this, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards,
    Eric