Posts by FlyingSnowman

Isn't there an option to turn off midi clock on the pedal end of things? At the moment, the Kemper will send midi clock on the out and through, if I have it right. No way to send clock on one and not on the other.

Yes, there is an option on both the Mobius and the TimeLine. But unfortunately, the Mobius has a bug with the midi clock ON, so I have to turn it off while I'm waiting for the new firmware version that they announced. On the Kemper, there is indeed only one button for BOTH out and thru ports...

Would it be possible to have a separate Send Midi Clock option for device A and device B, instead of one global setting?
    The reason is that I'm hooking up the Strymon Timeline to the Midi Out, and I want it to follow the Midi Clock from the Kemper for its delays. I'm also hooking up the Strymon Mobius to the Midi Thru port, which I DON'T want to follow the Midi Clock...
    Even more interesting would be to have an option per performance slot, separately per device. But I would already be happy to have two global settings instead of one!

I have the Strymon Timeline hooked up to the external effects loop on the Kemper. I have two performance slots, both with the external loops active in the MOD module. For each of the 2 performances, the Kemper sends another program change to the Strymon Timeline. On the Timeline, both the "Persistance" (patch) and "Spillover" parameters (Global) are active. When I change from performance 1 to 2, notes played with the new performance have the problem that the delay signal is cut off for about a second. I can hear the dry signal, but the wet signal is gone for a second, even though I set these two parameters on the Timeline. I can hear the tail of the previous patch, but not completely, there is a part of the notes missing.

This makes me think that the Kemper has no "spillover" / "tail" function for the external loop. It does have it for its own internal delay when you change performance slots, but for the external loop, it doesn't seem to work. It would be nice that the Kemper lets the "return" signal go on while changing performances, maybe by setting a system parameter. I don't care if my Strymon pedal will be in the loop all the time - it does not make any noise, and I can let the program change initiate a dry (bypass) sound on the Strymon.

I saw that there was a thread already a year ago talking about this, where Kemper said this new feature was on the to do list. Any news or plans in the near future for this?

Cheers,
    Eric

nice tutorial here...

but I suggest flyingsnowman to give the 3.3 wah a chance. I bet he won't recognize a bad horsie from a crybaby. after all we are not talking here about a timbre that is mandatory to have. we are talking about a wah which, don't hit me!, sound much alike one each other. a wah is a wah! one might have some tendency to the high or mids but it is always a wah.

that's my 2 cents of course...

hey guys thanks for the advice! I tried the bad horsie and it sounds indeed better than my crybaby! Fantastic! Cheers

kemper hasn't a good wah but the BEST wah! trust me on that.

as gianfranco said, try the presets. I use the cry baby preset with an expression pedal and I say there isn't a better thing. I have had bad horsies, vox and else. they are fine but the kpa one is even better. Think about the mix parameter in which you can have as much wah fx as you desire, thing you cannot do with the entire range of wah pedals out there.

Is that the preset called "WWAH Cry" or another one? If it's another one, what is the exact name and where can I find it?

This! +1 for Michals comment. Try the bad horsie preset and take care of the mix level. I am happy with the horsie and the cry baby and i use it with 80% in the mix for gain sounds and 50-60% for clean sounds. I use a mission ep1 gn connected to my remote for using the wah.

Cheers
    Frank

Where can I find that bad horsie preset?

Calibrating is the clue !!
    After a step-by-step-procedure I got from Burkhard (i.e. calibrating the Switches and then setting the Switches in the System-menu correctly (invers vs. normal) I lastly succeeded. The Mission-Switch had to be set to "invers" and calibrated, and now Loop-start and -stop function as they should. I tried this before but hadn't calibrated the Switch before, so this was the clue !
    Compliment to the Kemper-Support :thumbup:

Strange. I tried calibrating but didn't succeed. I don't know if it's doing anything at all... Tried re-inversing the polarity too. Problem is still not solved... :(
    Can you please post the step-by-step procedure that you received from support? Thanks!

Hi

I'm using a Crybaby and tried to replace it with a wah on the Kemper, using an expression pedal, but until now I haven' been very happy with the sound.
    Who uses a wah sound on the Kemper that he's happy with? Any presets out there? Which settings do you use?

Cheers,
    Eric

Let's not forget that this is in beta and that kemper is working hard to to get to a release which will be a major upgrade to the system we bought for free. Many companies would create a new product purchase for this type of enhancement. Have patience. They are busy working out many known replicatible bugs. It was just a short time ago there were many comments about releasing 4.0. Development takes some time. Btw, this is an important one to me also.

I agree, although it's frustrating for the customers. But it's true that most software companies ask a maintenance fee (around 22%) every year for their software. Or they sell it as an upgrade everytime there is one.

Yes, that's right. Assignments (function, pedal type, invers or normal etc) should be made carefully in the System menu, and also the switching-type (latch, momentary) is evidently important.. But considering all this, there is still unplausible behaviour of the remote, when Controlling the looper via Pedal-Slots.

exactly. All my settings are correct, I checked and double-checked. There's clearly a bug.