Posts by niloc

My 39 years experience of playing bass and guitar along with electronic drummers has always been the same.The drums aren't loud enough!. Its hard to get your groove on
    sometimes when you cant hear the sharpness of the hi hats,the boom of the bass drum.Very loud monitoring is essential. Acoustic drums have extreme transients Having said all that I would love to play with someone who has SD3 pumping out,it sounds so good.

Hi LK_Bill my thoughts are,get a piece of paper to stick on the wall and write on it 'My results are my true intentions' and miraculously the energy will suddenly appear to not be lazy and re-cable your pedals..Try it I guarantee it will work.

Do they have an option to put the 230 gig on a solid state drive or normal drive? I'd love to know what specifically why its better than sd2 because apart from the hi hats
    its already a great drum program and some updates just fill you full of things you will never use and make it more confusing,I get the drum replacer but having bought loads of expansions already I've found that the 'have it all' thing slows down productivity..

I don't play metal but I've heard loads of metal tunes that have triplets in unusual time signatures.How about Knock on wood by Ami Stewart,The way you make me feel by Michael Jackson,Oxygene by Jean Michel Jarre,Dr Who etc etc all these tunes need Triplets delay in 4/4 time. Strange none of us have noticed this before..

You are quite correct Sharry,having looked into this a bit deeper I cant get the Kemper delays to play triplets at all.This is the only time I've had any criticism of the unit,bizarre!
    Approximate aint good enough Mrs-Zambesi but thanks for the approximate fix anyway.

I've been writing and reading music for 50 years so I just might know what I'm talking about (hopefully)
    A lot of western music is in 4/4 time that means you count a pulse of 4 for each bar. 1-2-3-4. is a bar then move to the next bar (just like a pub crawl,ha ha)
    A bar of triplets would be 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 (twelve in total) tri-pa-let tri-pa-let tri-pa-let tri-pa-let (say those words out loud and you get the feel)
    Now dotted is different..Leave out the the 2 of 1-2-3 and you get 1-x-3 1-x-3 1-x-3 1-x-3 (the shuffle,the 3 legged horse dum-te dum-te dum-te dum-te)
    So a bar can have 12 eight note triplets (or 24 sixteenth note triplets or 6 crotchet( quarter note)triplets.
    As I see it the confusion with a lot of music machines,drum machines,sequencers,echo boxes etc is that a dotted 8th note is the equivalent of three 16th notes added together in length which is not really what you want if you're playing Walking on the Moon.
    The phrase 'dotted' also doesn't accurately describe what a drummer is doing when he plays a jazzy Ten-to-ten Ten-to-ten on the ride cymbal ( it really a triplet with number 2 missing)Some musos will argue that this is 12/8 time and some will say 6/8 and some will say 4/4 with a dotted feel. Hope this can help in some way.

No the Atomic CLR doesn't suck! I've got one and my sound is absolutely incredible.The clr is a monitor that is telling the truth about your sound,headphones are not the truth
    they are an experience.The front of house in the church is heavily coloured by the reverberance of the room.The two references you make are not good or accurate references
    the Atomic is the most likely to be telling it how it is,this is singing in the shower syndrome-but when I sing in the shower it sounds great..

Got one on wednesday,already cannot imagine life without it,put it before Kemper sounds marvelous.

I've been looking for such a thing for years now but no-one seems to have the business acumen to invent one and make a fortune(including me).
    I don't want something 2 foot off the floor I want 4 foot off the floor and very stable.